wet n wild Color Icon - Walking on Eggshells

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/2/2011 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really don't understand the high ratings for this shadow set. Sure it's $4. But why would you spend any money on a product that's terrible? These are just as crappy as Covergirl eyeshadows. The shadows in here are super frosty. The pink is so light, it comes out like an icy white color.

I tried applying these over TFSI, over a thick paint base, with my regular shadow brush, and applying them with a wet sponge brush. The best results I got were with the wet sponge brush pressing lightly a bit at a time into my lid. Even then though, these shadows are too frosty and have a LOT of fallout. Very poor quality and color payoff. I'm not going to try any more Wet n' Wild shadows if they are all like this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am surprised that I'm not impressed with this!
With all of the other really positive reviews, I thought this would be great. However, I find that this is really a poorly pigmented trio. I have been using the Color Icon single shadows and have been impressed - but these are not up to snuff like the singles, in my opinion.

The price is certainly right, but the quality is not. I didn't think I'd have to return something that was $3...but I'm thinking I will, on principle. It takes a lot for me to return something to the drugstore, especially something so low in value in this case, but I just don't see myself using this ever again.

As far as dupes go...
I would say that the top color is an OK dupe for something like MAC Dazzlelight - but is slightly lighter.
The middle color - is just a normal goldeny-brown...very average.
The lower color - I think is an OK dupe for MAC All That Glitters.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

First off, i own Cork and the duPe in this is nothing like it--it's got shimmer, it's a paler brown, and def not as pigmented. This trio is overall just ok. I think it's good for a fresh daily neutral look, but i can't see myself repurchasing. Just not my cup of tea, due to shimmer. The colours don't show up well on me either.

on 11/5/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the few makeup staples that I continue to purchase time and time again. The highlight is by far the best color I have ever found, second to Urban Decays bootycall. this is my go-to everyday look, but I use the highlight with almost every look. It stays put all day and for the price, I will never stop repurchasing it!!!

on 10/12/2014 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Another winner from Wet 'n Wild! Many reviewers have commented on the shimmeriness of this palette and it's true, this is more shimmery than Sweet as Candy (which is also definitely worth getting.) I don't find the shimmer too frosty, however (I'm looking at you, Neutrogena crease proof eye sticks) but maybe that's because I don't wear my shadows with primer. Without primer, the crease color, which I use as a lid color, shows up as dark and shimmery on my medium Asian skin, perfect for evening. For day I go with the crease color in the Sweet as Candy palette. Love this brand, love these eye shadows. The name may be juvenile but who cares? Quality and price are amazing, P.S. Applicators are indeed pretty terrible, but who cares, and they do work in a pinch. It's nice that the company cares enough to put them there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I can't believe how good these are for the price.
Aside from the packagain, these eyeshadows could easily be high-end!

I absolutely love the colour "browbone" as an innercorner-highlighter, and the colour "eyelid" is also really beautiful as an all over lidcolour, if you're going for that really light-natural look. I like how it has a tint of pink in it. The textures of these eyeshadows are super "creamy", soft and intense pigmentation.

The reason why I can't give this 5, is because I'm not crazy about the "crease" colour.
I find it way to pigmented and shimmery to go into my crease.
Also the packagain isn't that great. I haven't dropped it or anything, but one of the colours for some reason broke.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the eyelid and brow bone color. They are definitely dupes for the UD naked palette Sin and Virgin. The eyeshadows are super creamy and pigmented. I'm pretty impressed with the quality for that price. They don't last as long as some of my other shadows though.

Check out my soft smokey eye look using this palette!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this trio! The colors are natural and highly pigmented! The application is smooth and the eyeshadow is smooth and buttery! There is some fallout though which is why I gave this product four stars but overall, I love it! Plus, it's dirt cheap. Only $2.99! GOOD LUCK!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing. Now, I won't go too far as comparing it to higher-end products, but it's up there with them in a way. The pigmentation exceeded my expectations; I don't think I would have expected it from a brand that's not only in a drugstore, but offered very cheap as well. I first saw reviews on these on temptalia[dot]com and I said to myself, hmm I have to try these someday. Well, Walking On Eggshells caught my eye for several reasons:

1) It has 3 shades that would perfectly for any look.
2) It was about $3 + tax
3) The name was reminiscent of a Christina Aguilera song I love; Stronger Than Ever

The first time I used the palette, I was going for a Lana Del Ray look - that's the reason I bought it. I wanted to do something neutral with a crease that was sharply defined by a brown shade. When I let the hairs of my brush touch the BROWBONE shade (a light, shimmery, ivory color), the color started to crush and there was fall out all over the palette. I thought to myself, "WHAT?", but really, what would you expect of something so cheap? Not to say it is poorly made because it isn't, but it's not GREAT. Anyway, I use this shade a highlight for EVERYTHING. It's that great. I prefer it than the highlight shades in the Naked palette because really, they do nothing for me. The CREASE color is amazing. It's a warm brown that has a sort of gold sheen to it. I use this on the lid, in the crease, to contour, it's that great. It's not that opaque, but it works for me. It just takes some patience and layering to get the color you want, but really, it's a great shade. The EYELID shade, a neutral pink with an unbelievable sheen to it, looks gorgeous on the cheeks. Can you tell just how multi-purpose this palette is?! The pink shade is very nice, true to color, but just as powdery as the highlight shade. If I swatch it with my fingers, it's fine. If I dip my brush into the shades, there's powder everywhere. When I smell the eyeshadows, I smell talc in the eyeshadows. It isn't too strong, so it's not bad enough to affect the quality of the product. Lastly, I just wanted to point out that these shades are buttery, sort of like the Urban Decay shadows in the Naked Palette. You can use the palette for other uses as I mentioned.

on 7/21/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A fantastic palette for a pretty everyday eye, perfect for work. The colors are pigmented and soft, and would be complimentary on most skintones. The brown is nice and matte, and looks very pretty blended with the pink. I particularly love the white color in the palette for my browbone, and sometimes I even sweep a little of it down my nose for highlighting. At $3.99 per palette, you can't go wrong!