Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hate to bring down the ratings, but I just dont get it. These shadows have no color payoff what so ever. I layer and layer and it just doesnt show up!
Maybe I got a dud...

on 12/28/2012 1:46:00 PM

I was really looking forward to trying this trio after reading reviews here and seeing several youtube videos. I was convinced this was a great dupe for other brands and just a great set of neutrals to have in my collection. However, I am not impressed at all. I swatched it as soon as I got home from buying it and it seemed like pretty good color payoff. When I applied them though (with primer on) they barely showed up on my skin (and I am fair). Not only that, but they were super messy. I've used other WnW trios that had fallout, but not to this extent. It went everywhere! It took forever to clean up, too. I love getting a bargain and finding perfect dupes, but in this case, I'd rather have the high end eyeshadows that don't make a mess. I know every brand has fallout but this was ridiculous. Very disappointed, but at least I'm only out $3.

on 11/6/2012 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Frost, frost, frost-that's all I could see from all three colors in this pretty trio. If you are younger than I am with smooth lids, I think it would look great on you. But not the right finish for my more mature lids.

on 9/1/2012 9:11:00 AM

I obviously am in the very small minority here, but I hate these shadows. I have bought several, thinking that I must have just gotten a bad one or something, but I hate them. They crease on me faster than anything, I hate the fallout, and I just don't get the love. These colors do look pretty in the palette.

on 9/7/2011 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Some shimmer eyeshadows, loose and pressed make my eyelids tender and itchy and Wet n' Wild is one such brand. So this review is very, very personal to my particular skin sensitivity. I also have trouble with Ben Nye pigments and Alima Pure Shimmer shadows, to name a few. I believe it is some sort of Mica reaction. I love the colors, pigmentation and general feeling of getting such a bargain, but they just didn't work for me :(

on 1/2/2011 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really don't understand the high ratings for this shadow set. Sure it's $4. But why would you spend any money on a product that's terrible? These are just as crappy as Covergirl eyeshadows. The shadows in here are super frosty. The pink is so light, it comes out like an icy white color.

I tried applying these over TFSI, over a thick paint base, with my regular shadow brush, and applying them with a wet sponge brush. The best results I got were with the wet sponge brush pressing lightly a bit at a time into my lid. Even then though, these shadows are too frosty and have a LOT of fallout. Very poor quality and color payoff. I'm not going to try any more Wet n' Wild shadows if they are all like this.

on 1/8/2014 2:51:00 PM

The colors are pretty, but they are SO POWDERY. There is fallout all over my face, even if I tap off my brush. After having this for about 3 months I used it and the top broke off and all the shades shattered. Very disappointing. They are almost to soft because they break really easy. They also crease with and without a primer. They also sting my eyes. Overall, you get what you pay for.

on 10/11/2013 8:37:00 AM

it's a beautiful set that looks good on my blue-green eyes. but it doesn't last long (at least not for a 10 hours work day).

Hmmm...where to begin. The positives: quality for the price is really impressive. The shadows have a really nice texture, blend well, and...That's part of the problem. All the colors show so similar that its hard to distinguish between them on the lid. Also, it's wayyyy too frosty. There is nothing "satin" about this finish, it's bordering on 70s frosty. I'm almost 46 years old and it's more frost than I need. Color-wise, it's nice enough probably flattering on most skin tones if you can get past all the sparkle. I threw it out. I will never use it. I don't get all the hype.

on 1/30/2013 9:21:00 AM

So, so sad you all - I was so excited to try this Color Icon Trio. Just looking at the colors, it seemed like it would work perfectly on my eyes, but alas it did not. The browbone and eyelid colors DO look good, so I'm planning to keep the kit and search for another color to blend them with. It's the middle crease color, a basic medium/dark brown, that is so disconcerting once on my lid. Another user suggested the coppery/bronze color would bring out green eyes, but instead it makes me look like a 16 year old who snuck into her mom's eyeshadows stash and is trying to look grown up. There's seriously something "off" when I put it on; I think the shade is has too many gold undertones, and that just doesn't work with my pale, cool toned skin. Urgh, so frustrating. Perhaps it's just me. This is the second Color Icon Trio I've tried that's fallen short of my expectations, but at least this one has two redeeming shades I'll work with.