wet n wild Color Icon - Walking on Eggshells

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the eyelid and brow bone color. They are definitely dupes for the UD naked palette Sin and Virgin. The eyeshadows are super creamy and pigmented. I'm pretty impressed with the quality for that price. They don't last as long as some of my other shadows though.

Check out my soft smokey eye look using this palette!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is incredible! I honestly believe these shadows are comparable to mid-high end shadows. I own mostly shu, NARS, LORAC, stila, smashbox, and MAC shadows. I find these shadows far more pigmented and blendable than MAC and smashobox and they can go toe-to-toe with LORAC and stila. They seem to lack the dual-chrome that many of my shu and NARS shadows have, but on a daily basis, dual-chrome can be overkill.

Walking on eggshells has become my go-to daily palette. The colors are super pigmented and easy to blend. The browbone shade is a perfect inner corner highlighter. This has been compared to MAC shroom, but I prefer the color in this palette because it is significantly more pigmented. The middle shade looks like a darker version of Stila kitten and looks great all over the lid. The darkest shade is a pretty shimmery medium brown that reminds me of cute brown bunnies. I love the subtle definition it gives my crease. Walking on eggshells makes my eyes look soft, feminine, and nicely (but subtly) defined.

I am about NC20 and have brown eyes if that helps.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a necessary staple in my collection. Every color is perfect, and I would recommend it for anyone. For the price, this trio is a steal. The light color is great for highlighting the brow bone and the inner corner, the crease color looks good on its own, and the pink-champagne color is one of the prettiest eyeshadows I've come across. A+++

on 8/13/2013 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

Great little trio, a definite daily go-to for a not-too-overdone look. The colors are pretty well pigmented and blend well. Can't go wrong for the price. I'd buy this again, but it appears it's going to last for a long while since it doesn't take much to get the desired look. WNW continues to surprise me with their quality.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hands down the best of the Color Icon permanent line trios. All the others have one unusable color (usually the crease which looks super pretty in the pan and turns out pitch black once applied) but this one has 3 perfect shades that look great together. You can have your eye make up done in 3 minutes with this trio (especially if you use good brushes) and it is one of only two (the other being I'm getting sunburned) that doesn't need any eye primer to show up to full potency. Can't go wrong with this trio, best one out there and better than many high end eyeshadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was so happy to finally get my hand on this eyeshadow trio. I have heard so many great things about it! So, I had just had to check it out for myself.

The shadows within the quad all have a nice luster to them. The light cream color (on top) is pefect for use as a highlight color or even used all over the lids by itself. The rosey-champagne color (at the bottom) looks wonderful on the lower lids. And, the dark-bronzey color (in the middle) is superb for use as a liner, in the crease, or on the lower lid.

I love wearing new colors on my eyes. With this quad, I can do a simple natural look or glam it up. And, what's best about them is that they don't ever crease on my eyes!!! Oh, how I wish all eyeshadows were like them.

on 6/29/2011 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am not a lover of neutral eye shadows, and I almost passed on buying this trio, but I picked it up on a whim at Kmart at a BOGO free sale and I love it. All three colors work. They are very soft in texture and look. The colors look very neutral but really make a tired eye come alive. I think the colors would look great on anyone.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am surprised that I'm not impressed with this!
With all of the other really positive reviews, I thought this would be great. However, I find that this is really a poorly pigmented trio. I have been using the Color Icon single shadows and have been impressed - but these are not up to snuff like the singles, in my opinion.

The price is certainly right, but the quality is not. I didn't think I'd have to return something that was $3...but I'm thinking I will, on principle. It takes a lot for me to return something to the drugstore, especially something so low in value in this case, but I just don't see myself using this ever again.

As far as dupes go...
I would say that the top color is an OK dupe for something like MAC Dazzlelight - but is slightly lighter.
The middle color - is just a normal goldeny-brown...very average.
The lower color - I think is an OK dupe for MAC All That Glitters.

I have alot if palettes but I've used this daily for the last year for the highlighter and pink. I love using this for the browbone and the pink for the center to make the eyes pop or a transition color. I also would use the brown when I would take my makeup to work when I was running late I would just run it across the crease of depth. I would pack this and use all three and get superior results in lazy sleepy bathroom applications. This, colorstay whipped, and mascara...good to go. Lol but I use this when doing my makeup good, and I love the white. It's one of the best ever and it's dirt cheap, it's shimmery but not disco kind but one the reflects light subtly it's so good for the browbone....I use the under urban decay primer, last eight hours, finely milled, good soft texture and pigmentation. The packaging is cheap hasn't broke on me or anything.

on 10/12/2014 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Another winner from Wet 'n Wild! Many reviewers have commented on the shimmeriness of this palette and it's true, this is more shimmery than Sweet as Candy (which is also definitely worth getting.) I don't find the shimmer too frosty, however (I'm looking at you, Neutrogena crease proof eye sticks) but maybe that's because I don't wear my shadows with primer. Without primer, the crease color, which I use as a lid color, shows up as dark and shimmery on my medium Asian skin, perfect for evening. For day I go with the crease color in the Sweet as Candy palette. Love this brand, love these eye shadows. The name may be juvenile but who cares? Quality and price are amazing, P.S. Applicators are indeed pretty terrible, but who cares, and they do work in a pinch. It's nice that the company cares enough to put them there.