Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

I seriously think some disgruntled workers angrily left MAC and/or Urban Decay and were hired by Wet 'N' Wild. It makes no sense at all why these shadows are so creamy, pigmented, soft, and gorgeous, but they cost less than Oreos. Walking on Eggshells is exceptional. It has a warm shimmery ivory, a beautiful light chocolate brown, and a stunning frosty pink shade. They are perfect paired together. I especially love the pink. It makes my brown eyes look awake and beautiful. You get a ton of product, too. Have you seen the size of some Too Faced shadows? What the?! Overall, I wish I could give it a ten. I love Wet 'N' Wild. I do.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this e/s trio and this is why. 1. This is a dupe for three MAC shades. 2. This trio is far better in pigmentation and in texture then the MAC dupes. 3. Absolutely affordable for anyone. First let me begin by saying that I stumbled upon a makeup educator on you tube that was doing a segment on cheaper MAC dupes. I watched and was amazed. I currently own Naked Lunch and swapped Cork and Shroom due to poor pigmentation for my coloring. I was surprised to see that WnW Walking on Eggshells was a dupe for far less money and actually better in formulation. Even though I love Naked Lunch and will still keep it, I do honestly need two layers of it to show good pigmentation. However, just one swipe of the dupe in this trio (without primer) does a better job then NL and shows up much more vibrant on me. I didn't care for MAC's Cork or Shroom at all and I much prefer the dupes to them in this palette because it's just a better formula, in my opinion. Ladies, this is the perfect handy trio to do a simple neutral daytime eye. I highly recommend this trio to everyone.

on 11/20/2011 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

WOW this just replaced EIGHT!!! of my HIGH END shadows:

*brow= Naked Palette Virgin; MAC Shroom or Nylon
*crease=Naked Palette Smog; MAC Cork or Mulch
*lid= Naked Palette Sin; MAC Naked Lunch

$3 replaced $87 goodies, y didn't I find this sooner!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I pity the fool that doesn't AT THE VERY LEAST try any of the Wet 'N' Wild eyeshadow palette's, because they are all magnificent quality for the price. Many of the eyeshadows are dupes for higher quality shadows, and while I have never owned any UD or MAC shadows (I am 17. I do not have a job. And makeup is EXPENSIVE) I have to say, these are probably some of the best quality shadows I have ever owned, and they are extremely cheap!

on 11/11/2010 8:38:00 PM

This is a lovely trio. My eyes are difficult to make up, deep set, very dark circles, pale blue, indistinct. A great book from the library called Looking Younger finally showed me how to do it right and what palette to use - tawny shades for blue eyes.

For deep-set eyes, the highlight color goes on the lid, crease, and around the inner corner, the midtone up to the brow, the crease shade never in the crease but on the outermost portion of the lid, outer brow and underlining from the outside corner. Now, my eyes can be bright, open, sexy.

The highlight shade persists longer than the mid and dark shades. It's sort of a golden shimmery white, gorgeous on the inside corner. The foam applicator is worthless, and the shadow needs to be dampened if you want it to stick well. My other complaint is that it's a bit too shimmery for my older eyelids, and too shimmery for daytime and work, but I'm going to match the palette in something more matte.

But at a cost of 2 or 3 bucks, who could complain? And it seems to work for many different skin tones.

on 9/29/2011 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

DUPE ALERT!!! For starters, this duo can be a dupe for 3 MAC eyeshadows: Shroom, Cork and Naked Lunch.....I won't take credit for it but watch Emilynoel83's youtube video on dupes and you'll see how EXACTLY alike they are. :)
So far this is the only WW eyeshadows that I own, but I love them. Great consistency, they are powdery but I dont' have issues with fallout. They are blendable. Great pigmentation. Definitely recommend!

on 7/5/2010 9:21:00 PM

This is a trio with 3 shimmery (but not glittery) shades. The first shade is a nice white shade similar to BB Navajo Metallic or perhaps Nars Bellisima (light shade, of course). Useful color for highlight shade under brows or for adding a light hightlight in inner corner of eye. Middle shade is a really gorgeous bronzey brown. I'd say this is closest to Stila Golightly, but it's not exact. it's a really pretty color. However it is definitely a warm color, so avoid this if you prefer cool brown shades. Last shade is hard to describe in pan, but it swatches like a beautiful less-frosty Stila Kitten. Seriously this is probably the best Kitten dupe I've seen. It's less frosty but still really shimmery, somewhat like Urban Decay Sin. I actually like it more than Kitten. This trio was super cheap (less than $3, I think), and the colors wear beautifully and are of amazing quality. I can't tell you how great these new wnw shades are. I even wear them without primer half the time. Great price, great product. What more can you ask for? Only reason I didn't give it a rating of 5 is that I wish there was a matte shade in the palette. I wouldn't wear all 3 shimmery shades together. But it's still a great product and I admit I'm being nit-picky.

on 11/1/2012 2:51:00 PM

I think this is my favorite of the neutral Color Icon palettes, even though I have no use for the browbone highlight color.
As everyone below me has said, the quality and texture of these shadows is awesome...and the colors are great too!

Usually I use the soft pinkish lid color all over my lids, then use a smudge brush to line my eyes with the warm, bronzy crease color. On heavier makeup days I'll also use the brown for the outer V and crease area. For an easy, warm, smokier look, the crease color can be used alone, all over the lid and smudged along the lower lashes. Also, these colors layer nicely - the eyelid color all over the lid, then directly on top of that I put the crease color, the layering of these two shades gives a soft, warm, shimmery light brown color that is really, really pretty, and not too dark for daytime. And then sometimes, when I can't be bothered, I just brush some of lid color all over my eyelids and put on a little mascara, brightens the eye area up nicely.

You really can't go wrong with these colors, they would probably work for any skin tone, are so versatile, are of such great quality, and are really a great buy!

on 8/19/2017 5:24:00 PM

I need more eye shadow like I need a hole in the head, but based on these reviews I went out and bought this little trio. I am impressed with this! Yes, the shades are shimmery but I really like this trio. I can honestly say that I will use all three of these shades, I am one that typically doesn't highlight the browbone but will now. This is perfect for a simple eye shadow look which is suitable for my 40 plus self. I find that I like to use a lighter lid shade and then a darker color in the outer corner which I will blend up into the crease, this is perfect for that. Who knows maybe I will experiment with the browbone shade as a lid shade and see what that does too. I am wanting to grab the I'm Getting Sunburned trio but I think that one has carmine which I need to avoid, but I might grab it anyway who knows. That has a really cool golden copper color that I think I may just have to have.

I give this 5 stars all the way, I am debating on buying another one of the trios and one of the comfort zone palettes now, not to mention considering buying a second one of this in case they are discontinued. For the price these are nice shadows. Well done WNW! Another drugstore gem!

on 7/26/2014 1:11:00 AM

I actually picked this up for my daughter who is discovering the joys of makeup. Figured I'd go get her some stuff to play with to keep her out of my stash. Nice neutral shades, helluva good price, she doesn't like it and I'm out $2. Get it home, help her work some magic with a brush, and what sorcery is this?!?! It's good. Unbelievably good. Mana from heaven good. Soft, pigmented, blends like Urban Decay. For less than coffee? Hot damn I went back out for more goodies.

A few (or a lot, if I'm honest) years back, we all had our Wet n Wild metallic blue and green nail polish, and the mood lipsticks, but it wasn't exactly anything you would buy if you could get your hands on Hard Candy. And now it's far and above most drugstore products. For dirt cheap.

Only con, as with most of their products, the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. And they do not always survive a fall off the bathroom counter. But for the price, you can replace it with no tears