wet n wild Color Icon - Walking on Eggshells

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am surprised that I'm not impressed with this!
With all of the other really positive reviews, I thought this would be great. However, I find that this is really a poorly pigmented trio. I have been using the Color Icon single shadows and have been impressed - but these are not up to snuff like the singles, in my opinion.

The price is certainly right, but the quality is not. I didn't think I'd have to return something that was $3...but I'm thinking I will, on principle. It takes a lot for me to return something to the drugstore, especially something so low in value in this case, but I just don't see myself using this ever again.

As far as dupes go...
I would say that the top color is an OK dupe for something like MAC Dazzlelight - but is slightly lighter.
The middle color - is just a normal goldeny-brown...very average.
The lower color - I think is an OK dupe for MAC All That Glitters.

on 9/17/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this eyeshadow trio on a whim at the drugstore and I'm so glad I did! These colors are great for day or night and its my go-to eye shadow palette everyday for work. I love the brown shadow for the crease and/or mixed with a slightly darker bronze on my lids. It creates a very warm, bronzy but natural look. I can either leave it natural for day by just adding some brown eyeliner or i can jazz it up for night by adding purple or black liner. I'm please with the quality, love the subtle shimmer and the price makes it a steal!

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

LOVE
This is great for a natural look. It may be shimmery but no one can really notice it is on if you go lightly.
Price: 3 bucks. Beat that :)
Packaging: Have you peeled back the back? directionsss
Overall: My favorite eyeshadow by far
Look:
Eyelid on eyelid, crease on inner side and throughout crease starting heavy and getting lighter and browbone on browbone and a brushing on top.

on 1/2/2011 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really don't understand the high ratings for this shadow set. Sure it's $4. But why would you spend any money on a product that's terrible? These are just as crappy as Covergirl eyeshadows. The shadows in here are super frosty. The pink is so light, it comes out like an icy white color.

I tried applying these over TFSI, over a thick paint base, with my regular shadow brush, and applying them with a wet sponge brush. The best results I got were with the wet sponge brush pressing lightly a bit at a time into my lid. Even then though, these shadows are too frosty and have a LOT of fallout. Very poor quality and color payoff. I'm not going to try any more Wet n' Wild shadows if they are all like this.

on 1/4/2011 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Very pretty!! I find it very close to my CG Shimmering Sands trio. Perfect for an everyday look. I enjoy the frostiness of the eyeshadow as I hate matte colours and it's pigmented! The crease colour is VERY dark when applied so a little goes a long way. All in all, I will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

love this sooo much. great color payoff, lovely to wear to work and the best part is i don't have to re-touch it too much, as with all eyeshadow it stays on for so long with a little primer underneath. i love using nyx jumbo eye pencil in gold underneath these colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm pretty pleased with this product, it's worth the three dollar price tag, and much more. I agree with other reviwers that it is very shimmpery to pair all 3 together, but everyone has a matte brown to put in the crease. I really liked the look I could create with this very simple, yet still dramatic enough for us make-up girls. I don't love the look of the packaging, but hey the price makes up for it.

on 6/29/2011 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am not a lover of neutral eye shadows, and I almost passed on buying this trio, but I picked it up on a whim at Kmart at a BOGO free sale and I love it. All three colors work. They are very soft in texture and look. The colors look very neutral but really make a tired eye come alive. I think the colors would look great on anyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was so happy to finally get my hand on this eyeshadow trio. I have heard so many great things about it! So, I had just had to check it out for myself.

The shadows within the quad all have a nice luster to them. The light cream color (on top) is pefect for use as a highlight color or even used all over the lids by itself. The rosey-champagne color (at the bottom) looks wonderful on the lower lids. And, the dark-bronzey color (in the middle) is superb for use as a liner, in the crease, or on the lower lid.

I love wearing new colors on my eyes. With this quad, I can do a simple natural look or glam it up. And, what's best about them is that they don't ever crease on my eyes!!! Oh, how I wish all eyeshadows were like them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is incredible! I honestly believe these shadows are comparable to mid-high end shadows. I own mostly shu, NARS, LORAC, stila, smashbox, and MAC shadows. I find these shadows far more pigmented and blendable than MAC and smashobox and they can go toe-to-toe with LORAC and stila. They seem to lack the dual-chrome that many of my shu and NARS shadows have, but on a daily basis, dual-chrome can be overkill.

Walking on eggshells has become my go-to daily palette. The colors are super pigmented and easy to blend. The browbone shade is a perfect inner corner highlighter. This has been compared to MAC shroom, but I prefer the color in this palette because it is significantly more pigmented. The middle shade looks like a darker version of Stila kitten and looks great all over the lid. The darkest shade is a pretty shimmery medium brown that reminds me of cute brown bunnies. I love the subtle definition it gives my crease. Walking on eggshells makes my eyes look soft, feminine, and nicely (but subtly) defined.

I am about NC20 and have brown eyes if that helps.