Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

ALL the new WnW Color Icon shadows are fabulous. Walking on Eggshells is easily my favorite trio, however. They are highly pigmented, soft, buttery and easy to blend. They last all day with primer. The colors are just gorgeous, they are light and neutral and just perfect for an everyday eye. They are shimmery, but I love shimmery shadow. I often use the highlight shade from the top with other eye looks. A good highlight shade is hard to come by and WnW gets it right with this trio. Love it!

on 6/26/2010 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Edit: developed an allergic reaction to them. BUMMER!! If you don't have allergies, I highly recommend these!

The reviewer below said it perfectly!! This is an amazing trio of gorgeous, high-quality shadows! They applied and looked every bit as good as my MAC shadows! (Sure didn't expect THAT!) The crease shadow has amazing depth and complexity! This is my new "work" eyeshadow--I look as good as if I were wearing MAC, but only paid $2.99 for the trio (work is a hosp. setting, where "good" makeup is pretty much "wasted"). And to think I was a snob that snickered at WnW... I admit it..in terms of these shadows, these ROCK!

on 7/5/2010 9:21:00 PM

This is a trio with 3 shimmery (but not glittery) shades. The first shade is a nice white shade similar to BB Navajo Metallic or perhaps Nars Bellisima (light shade, of course). Useful color for highlight shade under brows or for adding a light hightlight in inner corner of eye. Middle shade is a really gorgeous bronzey brown. I'd say this is closest to Stila Golightly, but it's not exact. it's a really pretty color. However it is definitely a warm color, so avoid this if you prefer cool brown shades. Last shade is hard to describe in pan, but it swatches like a beautiful less-frosty Stila Kitten. Seriously this is probably the best Kitten dupe I've seen. It's less frosty but still really shimmery, somewhat like Urban Decay Sin. I actually like it more than Kitten. This trio was super cheap (less than $3, I think), and the colors wear beautifully and are of amazing quality. I can't tell you how great these new wnw shades are. I even wear them without primer half the time. Great price, great product. What more can you ask for? Only reason I didn't give it a rating of 5 is that I wish there was a matte shade in the palette. I wouldn't wear all 3 shimmery shades together. But it's still a great product and I admit I'm being nit-picky.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I really enjoyed this product. It's very pigmented since my skin I'd dark I use the crease color as my eyelid color I love the highlight color I am defenitly getting more wet n wild products

I'm obsessed with pinky-peachy-champagne nudes, so this palette is right up my alley - and I was very pleasant surprised with the quality, especially for such a dirt cheap product. There are three shades in the palette - a peachy-champagne lid color, a gorgeous medium brown crease color (another reviewer called it a "teddy bear brown" color, which is spot on), and a creamy, off-white highlight color. The texture of all three is buttery soft, and they're shimmery but not glittery or super frosty. The brown and cream are pretty richly pigmented; the lid shade is a bit less pigmented than I expected from swatching it, but it's still a beautiful color. The packaging is unremarkable but compact and it gets the job done.

This is really a perfect neutral/every day palette, it makes my brown eyes look bright and awake, even pre-coffee on a Monday morning. I'll be picking up a backup next time WnW goes on sale, because I anticipate getting a lot of mileage out of this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am surprised that I'm not impressed with this!
With all of the other really positive reviews, I thought this would be great. However, I find that this is really a poorly pigmented trio. I have been using the Color Icon single shadows and have been impressed - but these are not up to snuff like the singles, in my opinion.

The price is certainly right, but the quality is not. I didn't think I'd have to return something that was $3...but I'm thinking I will, on principle. It takes a lot for me to return something to the drugstore, especially something so low in value in this case, but I just don't see myself using this ever again.

As far as dupes go...
I would say that the top color is an OK dupe for something like MAC Dazzlelight - but is slightly lighter.
The middle color - is just a normal goldeny-brown...very average.
The lower color - I think is an OK dupe for MAC All That Glitters.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Wow, I'm really impressed with this eyeshadow! I got it for under 4 dollars, and the colors are beautiful. The top color is a shimmery cream color. The middle is a warm shimmery brown. The bottom color is a peachy champagne color. The shimmer isn't really glittery, it's more of a sheen. These eye shadows are really pigmented and easy to blend. They're more creamy than powdery. The lasting power is great with a primer. I can't wait to buy more wet n' wild eyeshadows!

I love this eyeshadow trio soo much! This was only $2.99 at walmart and that is dirt cheap! Pigmentation is amazing, I wore this to school without a eyelid primer and the color was still on! Perfect for everyday school neutral look.Love itt

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow!!! It's formula is like a department store, high end shadow, but it's super affordable. These colors are great for a natural every day look, but you could put way more on for a smokier/evening look too. They stay on, in some cases, better than high brands in my opinion. I have only tried walking on eggshells but I really want to try some other colors. The packaging doesn't give a huge amount of confidence, but as long as you aren't slamming it on the floor, you should be fine. Try these! they are so cheap, you can't lose!

on 8/30/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to love this product after all the glowing reviews here. Purchased 2 during the BOGOF promo at Kmart last week. Well, unfortunately these didn't work for me. I found I had to work too hard to get the colors to show up on my skintone(NC45). Also, there was lots of fallout before getting the product out of the container. So, sad to say these pallettes went straight back the next day. I do love the quad palletes though.