wet n wild Color Icon - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/12/2018 5:21:00 PM

I love this pallet. It makes a great eye look more day time than evening. The crease color in this version of the pallet is nice even for a supper pale gal like me. Yet the only down fall is the fall out in the pan. Also I would like a little darker brown bone hilight. Can't wait to try on version 2. The quad.... Cheep enuff to try out. And not feel like you were taken. Best of luck cuties.

on 7/9/2018 1:43:00 PM

I'm not sure what I am missing that everyone else seems to love. I honestly have bought this three times. I bought it a long time ago, hated it, and tossed it. Then when I saw how everyone on here raves about it, I bought it again! Still no love from me. So last week I am in Walgreen's, and I see that they have repackaged and reformulated it. So I bought it again! (I'm crazy, I know!) I still don't like it! I think the pigmentation is poor. I used it this morning, and I kept layering more and more to try and get some color payoff. Very little color, but there sure is a ton of shimmer! (Except for the new, fourth shade they added as a transition shade, which is matte. This is in the repackaged palettes I mentioned.) I have tried a lot of different primers and such to try to make it work over the years. I suppose in a few years, I will buy it again, because I still can't figure out what everyone loves, and I always think I must be doing something wrong to dislike it so much.

I'm glad for all of you who do love it, as it is such a good deal.

This was my go to for school back in the day. Im not a fan of the brown it doesnt suit me so id just use the pink and the highlight. Price is great. Id ran out of my browbone highlight color from the Naked 2 pallette but the highlight in this dupes nicely for me when brush is dampened. The pink is really pretty brightens up any eye. Really good product, i approve :) i should actually go get one again

on 7/2/2018 3:34:00 PM

Love this eyeshadow.. it is my everyday go to! It goes on buttery soft great pigmentation and stays in place of beautifully. And it's not a bad thing that all three awesome dupes of Mac products. Shroom, Cork and Naked Lunch

on 7/2/2018 2:57:00 PM

Love the texture of these shadows, buttery and smooth. Pretty colors in this trio but SO MUCH SHIMMER. The highlight shade is gorgeous, the pinky color is pretty on the lid, but the taupe-y brown is to shimmery to use as a crease color or liner. Absolutely worth buying for the other colors anyway; if this included a matte or satin brown or taupe it would be perfection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

High quality, long-lasting pigment for an unbeatable price

on 12/21/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful, beautiful beautiful eyeshadows. Compete with MAC and Urban Decay quality. The Browbone shade is, a lil powdery but on me makes for a great icy highlight. Soft, pigmented, just a swipe will do. That eyelid shade sometimes I just swipe on and be done. Crease shade blends into the crease and outer corner so easily. Recommend for everyone.

on 12/13/2017 1:21:00 PM

This is a gorgeous staple for EVERYONE's makeup bag. The pigment of these shadows rival high end eyeshadow: the lightest shade is a stunning satin ivory that looks very much like MAC shroom, the middle shade is a warm neutral medium brown and the eyelid is a gorgeous pinky beige that looks like MAC's naked lunch. All 3 shades brighten up eyes without looking overdone. If you add NYX yogurt as a base you can make the shimmer in these shadows stand out for a more glamorous look. The price is incredible, quality impeccable, and they can be worn just about any day. My only complaint, if i had to: is the packaging. It is flimsy and kind of dull. Otherwise...it's whats on the inside that counts isn't it? :P

My review is for the older version. There's been a reformulation (I haven't seen it yet, just read about it) around the end of 2017 and apparently it's not as good. I bought mine in December 2017 instore so luckily there's still lots of stock left to find. I consider this more a 4.5 than a 5 out of 5.

I put off buying this for a long time because people always seemed to consider it good "for the price", and I'd previously tried and loathed the WnW brushes which everyone else always raved about (seriously.. what do people see in them? Soft bristles don't mean jack if they're so soft and synthetic they don't pick up any product...). If you read my profile you'll see I hate wasting money on "dupes" that are actually inferior quality but raved about solely due to the price.

I wish I hadn't waited so long, because this palette is incredible. It's a thousand times better than my Lorac Pocket Pro, which I dislike for being too easy to muddy and mess up. I consider this formula to be a more pigmented, longer lasting version of the shimmer shadow quality in my Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol I. It's very easy to blend, has very little fall out, and is very flattering on my strongly yellow toned NC15 - NC20 complexion.

Another reason why I put this off for so long was because I thought the colours wouldn't match me. Every other light pink/beige/ivory shimmer clashed with my tone and creased and faded badly within a couple of hours, even over good quality primer in Winter. This doesn't fade much, and I do get some creasing in four hours, but lightly running a finger along my crease instantly fixes it without making the appearance muddy, unlike my attempts with other shadows. They look far nicer on my lid than they do when swatched on my arm. This is the only pink I've found that looked not-terrible on my skin tone. It is not at all prone to that streaky application I get when trying to pat on light pastel shimmer shades from other brands.

This is also the only eyeshadow I've ever bought that I've loved immediately, even if I don't take the price into account. For comparison I have bought Tarte, Lorac Pro, Chi Chi, Coastal Scents (mostly shimmers, all of which I researched to find the best ones first) and Elizabeth Arden. My biggest deal breaker when it comes to shadows is fall out. I hate fall out. My priorites are blending and smooth applications. I don't mind lesser pigmented shades as long as they can be built up easily and evenly. I noticed that this one has some shimmery sparkly fall out after a few hours if worn packed on without primer, but I had to be in direct light for that to be noticeable. I don't mind this too much though because I couldn't see colour fall out, just sparkles - but that may be because this palette is fairly close to my skin tone so I wouldn't notice. The sparkles did irritate my eyes a bit though.

I imagine someone with a darker skin tone than me who also has drier eyelids will like but not love this because of all of that, but for someone like me who wants soft glowy halo looks with minimal effort, hates muddy looks, and is used to lightly running their finger along their eye crease routinely anyway, this is the best palette for you.

If you have heard all the fuss about this but you didn't want to buy it because you hate wasting money on generic neutral shades that you've only ever heard be described as good for what you pay for... Go for it. This is hands down the best formulation in my collection. I'm actually going to destash my Lorac now, even though the colours aren't the same.

So this may sound contradictory what with my glowing review and 5/5 stars and all, but it isn't perfect. The sparkle fall out and eye irritation detract from this somewhat, but everything else about this is so spot on that I can't bring myself to bring it down a full star.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I have a faded scar running unevenly along my right eye crease, and every single matte shade I've tried - and most shimmers - apply unevenly on it, and wear off rapidly. This was not the case for this palette at all. I am very impressed with it for that.

on 11/26/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really love this trio from WnW the packaging is flimsy but the product is wonderful ,it's pigmented,easy to blend and stays on the lid does not give a lot of fall out and the pricing is great can't beat that.Great product