Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

Filtered by age: 44-55
Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

4.1

on 8/19/2017 5:24:00 PM

I need more eye shadow like I need a hole in the head, but based on these reviews I went out and bought this little trio. I am impressed with this! Yes, the shades are shimmery but I really like this trio. I can honestly say that I will use all three of these shades, I am one that typically doesn't highlight the browbone but will now. This is perfect for a simple eye shadow look which is suitable for my 40 plus self. I find that I like to use a lighter lid shade and then a darker color in the outer corner which I will blend up into the crease, this is perfect for that. Who knows maybe I will experiment with the browbone shade as a lid shade and see what that does too. I am wanting to grab the I'm Getting Sunburned trio but I think that one has carmine which I need to avoid, but I might grab it anyway who knows. That has a really cool golden copper color that I think I may just have to have.

I give this 5 stars all the way, I am debating on buying another one of the trios and one of the comfort zone palettes now, not to mention considering buying a second one of this in case they are discontinued. For the price these are nice shadows. Well done WNW! Another drugstore gem!

I've repurchased these shadows again and again. I especially love the pinkish champagne color. Its a close dup to Urban Decay Sin which was previously my go to shadow. I don't see any reason to spend the extra money now that I've found this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Embarrassing as it is, I must admit that I have purchased this at least three times over the last few years. It is wonderful. Neutral, pigmented, goes on fabulously and stays on all day. Just amazing. Superior to many much more expensive eye shadows. WnW shadows are really awesome. I prefer them over many of my luxury brand ones and reach for them again and again. This little trio is great for every day, professional settings, weekend-casual....really polished and neutral with a little bit of shine and all day wear. A winner.

on 11/12/2015 11:27:00 AM

This is an inexpensive eyeshadow pallet and has a huge following (on pinterest). So I thought I can afford to try it.
It has 3 colors and they are nice, but the two lighter shades are very light for me (olive) and looked chalky on my lid. I do not like to put anything under my brows, I think it looks weird on me.
However the brown shade is good for me, so I use that one only. You just can't lose really, it is so inexpensive.

on 6/24/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I looove this shadow. It has become my new favorite. I am going to buy more of this same palette. Terrified of running out.

on 1/24/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Stunning. Cheap. Perfect little palette. Better than Mac. Believe it! Wet N Wild is a force to be reckoned with! Don't waste your hard earned money on high end eyeshadow. Buy this!

on 10/12/2014 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Another winner from Wet 'n Wild! Many reviewers have commented on the shimmeriness of this palette and it's true, this is more shimmery than Sweet as Candy (which is also definitely worth getting.) I don't find the shimmer too frosty, however (I'm looking at you, Neutrogena crease proof eye sticks) but maybe that's because I don't wear my shadows with primer. Without primer, the crease color, which I use as a lid color, shows up as dark and shimmery on my medium Asian skin, perfect for evening. For day I go with the crease color in the Sweet as Candy palette. Love this brand, love these eye shadows. The name may be juvenile but who cares? Quality and price are amazing, P.S. Applicators are indeed pretty terrible, but who cares, and they do work in a pinch. It's nice that the company cares enough to put them there.

on 7/28/2014 9:05:00 AM

I've had my W n W pallets forever and never done a review on any of them. I keep these close at hand when I'm having a Rush day and don't have time to think about a look or I'm traveling and want something simple that I can pull together easily. This pallet should be flattering on just about everyone. It's slightly more yellow toned but neutral enough even pink tones should be able to easily wear this.

One of the drawback on this pallet for me at least is the way I have to open my pallet. As not to break a nail I have to pull out my metal file to pop in the latch and open it. But I find most of the Wet N Wild products packaging leaves a bit to be desired in this catagory. Hey for the price they've got to take some short cuts somewhere so I didn't give it 5 lippys but I can certainly live with the "delicate packaging"

The colors of this pallet while I love them have one small drawback. The highlight shade is shimmery and I do prefer "most" of the time for my highlight shade to be matte unless I'm going for a more dramatic evening look. I do find I have to have one of my matte shades like Mac's Shroom when I want to take this with me when I travel.

Over all I love the W N W shadows. They blend every bit as well if not in some cases better than the expensive shadows, you can use them in conjunction with your other pallets, you can mix the pallets together for different looks and the best? The Pigment is awesome so saturated and the best? The price! Where can you go spend less than 30 dollars and have a pallet range that can rival most of the more expensive high end pallets out there.

After using the "Don't Steal My Thunder" trio, I had to have them all! These are a huge contender to my UD palettes and are much more travel friendly. I also couldn't resist the 8 pan palettes so I went for an all out haul on WnW shadows. The pigmentation is phenomenal, the fallout is minimal and the colors are brilliant together. For what I paid UD, I got an entire haul of WnW. Not that I'll never purchase UD again! I just mix and match and LOVE! As a side note, applying WnW with a little visine on my brushes makes the colors and staying power even more amazing!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great everyday trio, especially for when I want to wear a bold lip during the day. It makes my eyes look big, its got subtle colors. I am going to aquire a backup as I know I will go through this quickly.