wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing eyeshadows and one of the best for drugstore!

on 5/1/2016 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This product only gets 4, because I only use one of the shades (the pink one). I feel as if that one just is better than the other two, and it is literally the BEST HIGHLIGHTER EVER. No chunks of glitter, just a sheen that is so beautiful, and SUPER pigmented. I use this in the inner corners and on my cupids bow each day. More than gladly buy a whole new one just to get that pink shade again. It's not even super pink, it's just very natural and the best eyeshadow ever.

Maybe I just haven't gotten past the top layer of the other two, but every time I try to use them, they are just so chalky and glittery.

Love, a staple in my makeup bag

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is one of my most used palettes. In fact, I used it almost exclusively for months and I still haven't made a complete dent into any of the shadows. The neutrals are excellent for everyday, not boring matte but not glitter bomb sparkly either. Just the perfect hint of shine, especially on the eyelid shade. I would say that it's a sort of eggshell finish. They're very pigmented and long lasting with primer. The packaging is the standard cheapo Wet n Wild so I'd be careful traveling with it, but the shadows haven't cracked on me yet. Also appreciated the labels on the shades when I was first starting with eyeshadow. Definitely worth picking up.

on 4/3/2016 5:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This eyeshadow trio is gorgeous!! Lovely for day to day wear. The eyelid shade is absolutely stunning and I actually use that shade as a highlighter on my cheekbones when I want a.really intense highlight. The browbone shade is the least pigmented but I love that about it since some highlights are too shimmery and intense to put on the browbone so this shade is great! The crease shade is also very pretty! Also considering how cheap it is, around $3 Canadian, you can't go wrong! I really recommend trying this out and it doubles up at a highlighter if you like pinky highlights☺☺

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

My favourite Wet 'n' Wild trio and actually, my favourite every day palette ever.

I find that these crease a bit too soon for my liking (5 hours) but that's easily remedied with a primer. I like the white NYX one in the little pot.

This is perfect for a light wash of colour and definition on the eye, and completely fool-proof when you're in a rush. I use my fingers - the bottom shade gets smeared all over the eyelid and then I put the darker one up to about where my iris starts, and just above my crease. I never use the top shade on myself. These shadows are so creamy that blending with a clean finger still looks lovely.

The peachy bottom shade is also my HG highlighter when lightly tapped on with a finger (I'm just a hair lighter than NW15). Somehow, although it's very shimmery, the glitter particles are barely perceptible. I've included a very zoomed in, untouched picture because I feel more people need to get on this train! I've used the shadows as highlighters on very dark skin too, with beautiful results. Up to about NC/NW30 you can get away with just the top or bottom shades, but from then on I like to use the darkest shade as a base highlight in varying intensity and add the lighter ones on top. They look too ashy otherwise.

I love this little trio and will continue to buy it for as long as it's being produced. Cheap, great quality, and looks good on literally everybody. This is the epitome of Good Makeup.

on 3/1/2016 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My only experience with Wet n wild was from years and years back, when I picked up some of their products that happened to be complete misses. I thought that was just the quality of the brand and never really went near them again. That was, until I decided to go cruelty free and saw the brand being mentioned again and again as inexpensive and with a lot of good products. Finally I caved and got this, after hearing it was such a good Mac dupe again and again. I couldn't have been more shocked when I opened this and swatched it. (I think I might even have let out a terribly dramatic gasp!) It's like silk against the pad of your finger, and it swatches beautifully. Now I've only ever used this with a primer (because no eye shadow stays put on my oily lids without it), but it stays on and looks beautiful all day long. I'm usually all for applying eye shadow with brushes, especially as to contaminate the shadows as little as possible. But with this one I find myself wanting to make an exception, simply because of the lovely texture and formula of the shadows. I will definitely buy more of these in the future. Not all their trios are vegan, but this one is!

This product is my default for when I don't know what I want to do with my makeup, simply because the colors are so easy to apply and blend and the end result is just a kind of natural glam. I don't use much of the crease color because it pulls a bit red on me, but the lid color is fantastic. The browbone shade is one of the few colors that I can actually use as a browbone highlight, which is nice, but the formula is a bit on the drier side compared to the other two (still better than a lot of drugstore shadows tho). Overall this is fantastic for beginners but I would say even if you are just looking to have a really simple day shimmer look or to have these admittedly generic colors in one place, you should go ahead and pick this up since it is so inexpensive and easy to use.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

The eyelid color is a light champagne shade with a very tiny bit of pink. The crease color is a bronze shade with some shimmer. This trio is perfect for beginners. The quality is great. This works great for everyday and I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of these. The colors are all neutral & flattering, and the texture is very buttery. For 3 dollars at walmart, you can't go wrong with these. I LOVE THIS TRIO and will repurchase it over and over again.

This is a spectacular eyeshadow trio - great pigmentation, great shades, great price. If I were going on vacation and could only choose to bring one eyeshadow palette with me, this would be the one. The shades are neutral enough for everyday. Plus, the little sponge-tip and brush applicators it comes work really well if you're traveling, don't have eye brushes, or if you're just in a pinch. Wonderful quality, and you can't beat the price. I highly recommend this whether you're just starting out with makeup or have been wearing makeup for years.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this because everyone loves it and its like 3 dollars, so why not? I like the colors and they show up really well, but it's really shimmery. I like some shimmer, but I my eyes get irritated by it sometimes so I prefer less shimmery or matte eye products. It's a great palette with pretty colors, but if you have issues with shimmer, don't buy it.