COVERGIRL Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

Filtered by skin type : Normal
COVERGIRL Liquiline Blast - Blackfire
Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), C11 12 Isoparaffin, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Ceresin, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Green, Copper Powder, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet, Zinc Oxide

on 6/18/2017 10:31:00 PM

The product is creamy and smooth and very pigmented. It Blends really well and I really like the rubber smudging tool at the end of the pencil. It lasts for a while but there is some smudging. Perhaps setting this would help. Definitely a liner that I reach for often. Really good for Smokey and winged looks.

on 4/15/2017 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros - the smudger on the back is really nice
Cons - not opaque, the pencil dries out very quickly thus rendering it unusable, does not sharpen well

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Covergirl's Liquiline Blast pencils will help you "effortlessly create striking eyeliner looks with lasting, liquid-like intensity. High pigment formula and smudger work together to give you intense looking eyes that will get you noticed". This is supposed to be a waterproof eyeliner. Covergirl offers six shades, today I'm reviewing Blackfire, but I also have and love Green Glow. I was sent this eyeliner by Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting their monthly giveaways. If you're interested in grabbing this eyeliner, it'll run you between $7-8 and can be bought at most drugstores and major retailers. Each Liquiline Blast eyeliner is smaller than your average pencil and contains 950mg (.33oz). This eyeliner was made in Germany. Unfortunately Covergirl does test their products on animals.
I like the packaging for the Liquiline Blast eyeliners. The cardboard backing this pencil comes in offers a fair bit of information, including a full ingredient list, product description, and directions, in English, French, and Spanish. The pencil it's self is made of black wood and is coated to be the same color as the product (that's not very obvious on Blackfire since..it's black). The name of the product and the Covergirl logo grace the pencil in silver lettering. Both the tip of the pencil and the smudger are covered by clear plastic caps that stay on quite well. The smudger, which is also black and made of a dense, stiff spongey material, is surprisingly functional, though I don't tend to use it very often. I'm just not much of a smudger.
Though Covergirl calls Liquiline Blast's formula liquid like, it's really more of a gel pencil. The formula is very similar to Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencils, I'd go as far as to call them a dupe. The texture is nice, soft and moderately creamy, it never tugs during application. I still don't think it's quite soft enough to use effortlessly on the upper lash line. Blackfire applies nicely to the waterline, gliding on comfortably. It lasts decently on the waterline, giving me 3-4 hours of wear. On the lash lines, it sticks around for about 7 hours. Wear is passable but not perfect. This isn't the eyeliner I would turn to on a work day. Covergirl's Liquiline Blast eyeliner smudges really well immediately after application, and sets after 20-30 seconds, so you get a reasonable amount of time to work with it. My disappointment with Blackfire, much like Urban Decay's Zero, is that this eyeliner isn't very dark. Blackfire is more of a soft black. This is definitely a pencil liner to look into if you don't want a harsh black liner, but still want something darker than a charcoal shade.
Covergirl's Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Blackfire is good, but not great. A solid drugstore eyeliner and a budget friendly for the wildly popular and wildly expensive Urban Decay Zero. Packaging is nice. The texture is creamy and easy to work with. Wear could be a little better but it's not awful either. I wish Blackfire was just a touch darker, I'm not really into soft blacks, but that's a matter of personal preference. I won't repurchase Covergirl's Liquiline Blast in Blackfire. I have better black eyeliners. I will continue to use it though, and would repurchase the other shade that I have. I only recommend this pencil if you want a spot on dupe for Urban Decay's Zero.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wear eyeliner 95% of places I go so i have a lot of eyeliners. This kind is NOT good. It slides around and smears. It just isn't good. I even tried the silver gray one and it's the same thing! it slips and slides. Each one of these I've had only lasted me 2-3 days. I avoid wearing them at all times. not a good product.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this after reading so many + ve reviews . But It didn't stay on my waterline , even after setting it with an eyeshadow ... It stayed as i put it on for a good 2 hrs ...that's really it . I re-checked it after like 3 hrs , after the staying power of 2 hrs ( 2+ 3 hrs) , 75% of them have already gone ' below ' to the corners ..

Good things are , it is richly pigmented .So good color pay off and it is soft .. Easy to draw the line without going over and over again

I paid around 9 bucks for this and am only using it to tightline.. it works good over there though...

But with the sharpening problems many people have, I didn't buy their CG's " special sharpener " ..My $ 2 NYC duo sharpener did a good job of sharpening this pencil to an extend ...It didn't give me a sharp edge though... But i' m still able to get the desired line

Very comparable to UD 24/7. UD of course has more of a selection of colors/finishes, but for less than half the price, it is a very good alternative for basic colors. Like UD, it has great staying power, color, and glides on easy. However, it'd be great if they made more of a variety of colors/shimmers.

on 10/11/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Covergirl's Perfect Point Plus has always been my go to eyeliner for a while now, so when I ran out, naturally I went to go buy more, then I noticed a new eyeliner called Liquiline and wondered if I should give it a try. It costs a bit more than the Perfect Point Plus, so I look here first before taking a chance on a new product. Impressed by the reviews, I decided to give a try. I found one at my local grocery store and with coupon, only ended up costing $7. I bought it in Blackfire and I can now say that this is my go to eyeliner! Good bye, Perfect Point Plus, hello Liquiline!

The pencil glides on so smoothly (no tugging - didn't think that was possible with a pencil eyeliner), gives a nice dark intense color and is extremely long lasting. I couldn't be more pleased with this product and will continue to buy this in the future.

on 8/22/2010 2:27:00 PM

I agree with all the other rave reviews. This pencil is nice and soft, applies easily, and stays put. I can't wait to go buy the other colors! (:

I love this eyeliner. Very dark and looks like a liquid eyeliner except not annoying to apply. Note to Everyone: You have to sharpen it when it gets dull, it does not roll up!