COVERGIRL Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
COVERGIRL Liquiline Blast - Blackfire
Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), C11 12 Isoparaffin, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Ceresin, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Green, Copper Powder, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this eyeline at a 50% off sale at Ulta, just on a whim. I've always used Covergirl's "perfect point plus" eyeliner in black and thought that this liquiline product looked like a smudgier version of it. I was really dissapointed with the results! The point is pretty wide, so I had trouble getting it right into my lashline, and it didn't give a good, clean line for the same reason. The smudging tip is a neat feature, and I ended up with fine results, but it was definitely not worth all the time it took! The nail in the coffin for this product was how difficult it was to wash off! I used my normal Philosphy Purity cleanser, which takes off all the makeup I ever use, and I still had horrible racoon eyes! It's kind of a "waxy" formula, so I guess it kind of adheres to the skin more than my normal pencil eyeliner, which is easy to get off. In short, I wouldn't recommend this product at all. I'm sticking with my covergirl perfect point plus!

on 1/25/2011 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am in love with this eyeliner! I use drugstore liners almost exclusively and this is by far the best one I've ever bought. I grab this liner when I am in a hurry to put my makeup on in the morning and I need a liner that will go on quickly, smoothly, and precisely. I barely need to apply any pressure to my lid and it gives a rich black line without any tugging. Basically this liner is fool-proof! It also stays on all day long for me; though I do have very dry skin and lids so I usually don't have problems with my liners running or fading away.

The only criticism I can come up with is the fact that it does run out quickly. Since it is so smooth and gel-like, the point gets dull easily and I find myself sharpening it all the time, so the liner becomes a stub before you know it. Besides this, I believe this liner is worth every penny.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this! I have it in Blackfire and it's great! I don't notice a problem with smearing because I wear eyeshadow over it. The waterline lasts a good long time, too. I always have a problem with tugging when applying but not with this. I would say this is better than ANY--dept store or otherwise--eyeliner I have ever tried. I have very sensitive skin and especially eyes and I can wear this with no problem. The ONLY downfall is--this may just be my bonehead mistake--I had no idea that it needed sharpening. I wish I had known of this site before I threw my last one away. It went dull and frankly it looks and feels like an automatic pencil that rolls up on its own with use. I figured it was broken, and I threw it away and bought a new one. I wanted to give it one more chance figuring mine was just defective because the product was great. Since where on most pencils the "wood" part is black instead of brown...needless to say sharpen it and it will be fantastic! Wish it had said something on the packaging. Oh well. I think the black is true, it's bold and I would highly recommend! :)