COVERGIRL Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

Filtered by age: 19-24
COVERGIRL Liquiline Blast - Blackfire
Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), C11 12 Isoparaffin, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Ceresin, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Green, Copper Powder, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet, Zinc Oxide

on 4/15/2017 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros - the smudger on the back is really nice
Cons - not opaque, the pencil dries out very quickly thus rendering it unusable, does not sharpen well

on 2/21/2013 2:48:00 PM

I liked this product at first because the color glided on so smoothly and the smudger worked well. Three weeks later, I try to sharpen it with two different sharpeners and it just WILL NOT SHARPEN! At first I thought it was a twist-up because the pieces that peeled off looked like plastic. Then I realized the pencil just wouldn't fit into my sharpener snugly.

I read elsewhere online that a Covergirl 3-in-1 sharpener is recommended, but I really don't feel like using a pencil that requires a specific sharpener. I've used my 2 sharpeners for years and have never had a problem with other pencils.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Covergirl's Liquiline Blast pencils will help you "effortlessly create striking eyeliner looks with lasting, liquid-like intensity. High pigment formula and smudger work together to give you intense looking eyes that will get you noticed". This is supposed to be a waterproof eyeliner. Covergirl offers six shades, today I'm reviewing Blackfire, but I also have and love Green Glow. I was sent this eyeliner by Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting their monthly giveaways. If you're interested in grabbing this eyeliner, it'll run you between $7-8 and can be bought at most drugstores and major retailers. Each Liquiline Blast eyeliner is smaller than your average pencil and contains 950mg (.33oz). This eyeliner was made in Germany. Unfortunately Covergirl does test their products on animals.
I like the packaging for the Liquiline Blast eyeliners. The cardboard backing this pencil comes in offers a fair bit of information, including a full ingredient list, product description, and directions, in English, French, and Spanish. The pencil it's self is made of black wood and is coated to be the same color as the product (that's not very obvious on Blackfire since..it's black). The name of the product and the Covergirl logo grace the pencil in silver lettering. Both the tip of the pencil and the smudger are covered by clear plastic caps that stay on quite well. The smudger, which is also black and made of a dense, stiff spongey material, is surprisingly functional, though I don't tend to use it very often. I'm just not much of a smudger.
Though Covergirl calls Liquiline Blast's formula liquid like, it's really more of a gel pencil. The formula is very similar to Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencils, I'd go as far as to call them a dupe. The texture is nice, soft and moderately creamy, it never tugs during application. I still don't think it's quite soft enough to use effortlessly on the upper lash line. Blackfire applies nicely to the waterline, gliding on comfortably. It lasts decently on the waterline, giving me 3-4 hours of wear. On the lash lines, it sticks around for about 7 hours. Wear is passable but not perfect. This isn't the eyeliner I would turn to on a work day. Covergirl's Liquiline Blast eyeliner smudges really well immediately after application, and sets after 20-30 seconds, so you get a reasonable amount of time to work with it. My disappointment with Blackfire, much like Urban Decay's Zero, is that this eyeliner isn't very dark. Blackfire is more of a soft black. This is definitely a pencil liner to look into if you don't want a harsh black liner, but still want something darker than a charcoal shade.
Covergirl's Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Blackfire is good, but not great. A solid drugstore eyeliner and a budget friendly for the wildly popular and wildly expensive Urban Decay Zero. Packaging is nice. The texture is creamy and easy to work with. Wear could be a little better but it's not awful either. I wish Blackfire was just a touch darker, I'm not really into soft blacks, but that's a matter of personal preference. I won't repurchase Covergirl's Liquiline Blast in Blackfire. I have better black eyeliners. I will continue to use it though, and would repurchase the other shade that I have. I only recommend this pencil if you want a spot on dupe for Urban Decay's Zero.

on 1/4/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I bought this eyeliner because of juicystar07 on youtube. I love it!! The color is so dark and the product is creamy and smudgable, but will not smudge if you do not want it to. It is affordable and lovely. I was heartbroken when I lost it, so I will be buying it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was basically a waste of money to me. I had to like scrape it onto my eyelid just to get it on and I've paid less for other drug store eyeliners and had better results. I tried sharpening it to see if that would help and it pretty much didn't. I was surprised because I've heard nothing but good things but this didn't work for me.

on 11/15/2012 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This eyeliner doesn't quite make HG for me, but it's close enough for now. I switched to this from the Maybelline eye studio lasting drama gel liner. This liner does go on smoothly like a liquid liner without the mess of one. It's very pigmented, too. It doesn't tug when applied, so you can get a nice, smooth line. It also applies pretty easily to the waterline (though I need to go over it again a couple of times to get a darker line). It sharpens pretty easily, but I've had it break a few times. It's also pretty easy to remove with makeup remover for me. I don't actually use the smudge stick, so I can't really review that part. there are 2 things I don't like about this product: 1) I don't like how quickly I go through these pencils, lol. I end up buying a new one about every 2 weeks if I use it everyday. 2) I don't think this stuff is waterproof at all. sometimes when i'm outside, my eyes will water (not sure why, probably allergies or something). but this causes the eyeliner to smear, then run down my cheeks if the tears fall! how embarrassing! :( I wish it was more waterproof. However, I there are a lot of things I do like about this eyeliner, and will keep purchasing it until I find something better down the road. I would still recommend it, it's still a pretty good liner imo :)

on 11/9/2012 2:02:00 PM

Ok so here's my take on this eyeliner: lets just say it's not the best that cover girl could do. I usually love cover girl products but their eyeliners haven't really done anything for me recently. I picked this up because I ran out of one of my favorite eyeliners (by urban decay) and i didn't feel like splurging on eyeliner at the time so i decided to pick up this liquiline blast (since i love the lash blast mascara). At first, I liked it because it glides on smooth. However, i've been using it for a few months now and every time, right after i put it on i look in the mirror and there is fall out on my face from it..i don't know how or why this happens but it does for me. So i go to wipe it of and it smudges then i have to wipe my face with a makeup wipe and it's just a mess. Another problem I have with it is that on my bottom lid it doesn't stay on long AT ALL. It smudges and gets all under my eyes making me look like i have dark circles when i didn't even rub my eyes at all. Cover girl products are usually very good but I would do a walk by on this eyeliner and go pick up a better brand you can find at sephora or ulta.

on 11/4/2012 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this on a whim because I wanted to just use an eyeliner that doesn't irritate my eyes. This eyeliner is a godsend! It never smudges, stays in place all day and is easy to apply and blend. I use this on my waterline and it always lasts. The bonus is that its easy to remove with soap and water. I used to never like Covergirl but I'm soo in love with this eyeliner. I would recommend this to people who don't wanna spend a lot of money on an eyeliner.

Pros:
Very pigmented
Applies smoothly
Good lasting power, better if you set it with black eyeshadow
Stays in place
Waterproof

Cons:
Not the best shade of black -- kind of bluish, IMO
Impossible to wash off!
Doesn't sharpen that well, hard to get a good point

My main issue with this is that I can't wear it every day because I need a ton of makeup remover (and time) to take it off. I guess I didn't realize that it was waterproof when I bought it. Also, for some reason, I had trouble sharpening it for a nice point.

on 9/28/2012 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is great and pretty cheap too. Just like the brown e/l I love this one also. I apply this around my waterline and this lasts a good amount of time. It still smudges a little after hours of wear but not as much as others I have tried that are even more expensive. (Mac smolder that's you). The color is just a simple matte black that you can use on the lid to line your lashes as well but I find I need to heat up the e/l a little first. The only con really is I don't care so much for the packaging. I don't use the little smudge sponge on the other end of this one or the brown e/l. Also I lost the plastic cap for the e/l end so I have to make sure to sharpen every time I use it so I don't distribute bacteria or any of that unnecessary stuff. I also found that the e/l was dried out more w/o the cap. I wish they just took off the smudge sponge end on the other side and put on a better cap but whateva! Still love it because it gets the job done and its convenient because its at every drug store.