EcoTools 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
EcoTools 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)
Ecotools BAMBOO 6 Piece Eye Brush SetEcotools BAMBOO 6 Piece Eye Brush Set6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)EcoTools eye brush set

4.6

on 11/19/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Great quality, extremely soft, durable, long lasting, and as good as high end brushes, if not better!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

An amazing eye brush set for beginners. I got the one with just the brushes in a pouch because my Target didn't have the one with a case. <:1
Pros:
- SUPER SOFT! :)
- Never seem to shed.
- The bamboo is really nice and makes it an easy grip.
- The brushes are travel-size, which was perfect for my small lid space.
Cons:
None! :)
I found uses for ALL the brushes, in case you have trouble finding something to do about the two larger brushes.
Large eye brush - It's great for applying a nude powder base all over the lid. In some cases when I have less time to get ready and can't use my fingers, I use it to blend my concealer (I use very little concealer, so it's not time consuming). The large brush makes it good for blending harsh crease shadows softly above my crease.
Angled crease brush - WAAY too big for my crease. I use this to blend harsh crease lines as well, and the shape's also good if you want to just have the shadow in the crease area and not above.
Highlighting brush - Great for blending. It's not super fluffy, but it gets the job done. It also does what it's supposed to be used for well--highlighting. Gives precise application to my brow bone area.
Petite eye shading brush - For my small lid space, it's perfect for depositing eyeshadows. Also good for REALLY precise brow bone highlight.
Smudge brush - Awesome for lining my bottom lashline and of course, smudging. If you want a subtle eyeliner look, use this brush to softly line the upper lashline. You can also use this for inner corner highlighting. :)
The pouch is also helpful if you want to bring along some makeup for touching up at school or work. I highly recommend this to anyone who just needs a cheaper alternative to high-end brushes (but still nearly have the same quality). It's great for traveling, too. :D I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this when they start to get old...which is probably a long time from now since every time I use them, the more they stay just as new! (Oh, also I recommend washing these every few days or weekly.)

on 5/4/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't think of one bad thing to say about these eye shadow brushes. I know a lot of peoples complaints were that the brushes were just shaped so weirdly and albeit the fact that they are great quality, they couldn't find uses for them. I just did a look using the Naked Basics palette and used all 5 brushes the kit came with. The Large Eye brush is huge, but it's great for packing on lighter colors. The Angled Crease brush sweeps color beautifully on the outer third of your eye. The highlighting brush is actually an amazing crease brush and it blends shadows beautifully. The Smudge Brush is actually a great pencil brush if you want to take a darker color and make a nice defined V on your outer eye and the Petite Eye Shading Brush can pack color into smaller spaces on your eye (I used it to deposite more color into the V that I created with the Smudge Brush and then blended it all out with the Highlighting Brush). They don't shed or fall apart. I love the length of the handles because it gives better control to where your depositing the shadow colors and the price is amazing! This was around $7.98 at walmart. These are the best brushes I've ever used alongside MAC and Real Techniques.

on 2/4/2013 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Wow! I'm a vegetarian so over the years I've acquired a number of artificial bristles brushes and Ecotools win hands-down!!! I wish I had discovered them earlier. They are so much softer than all the other brushes I've got and the range is impressive. The fact they are Eco-friendly is a bonus :) All pros no cons for me!!!

on 10/25/2012 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Pros: Great price, very soft bristles, eco-friendly, short handles make it travel-friendly
Cons: some are too big, doesn't pick up colors well

I tested the brushes by using them to apply my super pigmented black eyeshadow, but it barely picked up any pigment! I also tried them again with various colors like hot pink, teal, red, taupe, and green... and I had the same results. I find that my fingers were much better at packing on color to my lids than the brushes. I only use these when applying neutral, barely there makeup.

on 8/31/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Very impressed by this drugstore brand. Granted, I'm not claiming to be a brush connoisseur. But I have owned some MAC and other high end brushes before, and I honestly can't tell the difference between the feeling of their brush hairs and Ecotools brush hairs. I love that these are travel sized and can be neatly stored away in the handy pouch provided and thrown in my makeup bag or purse. I wish more companies would come out with travel eye brush kits.

I am a hard-core faithful of the daily cut crease look, so having the right cut of brushes is crucial. Using Inglot's 107R shadow, I use the smudge brush to cut the crease with my darkest color. The shading brush is used for the lid color. The highlight brush is used as for the medium color to deepen the crease further and blend out the cut crease line. Then I use the large blend brush with the lightest, taupey color to blend everything together. The crease brush is sometimes put to use to contour the sides of my nose or highlight smaller areas.

You can literally use these however you want, doesn't have to be according to what they labeled each brush's use.

In terms of softness, I would say these have a medium stiff-soft feeling. They don't feel as wirey as elf's brushes, but maybe not as ultra soft as Japonesque. I haven't used them long enough to see if there is significant fall-out in bristles or if they break after use, but I will update.

on 1/2/2011 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this set at Ulta when they had the promotion for buy two get one for free. I continually go for this line because it is inexpensive, cruelty free and environmentally friendly. Not all the brushes are extremely useful, but for the price I would buy again just for the smudge brush on its own.

The case it comes with is ok. Useful for keeping brushes together during travel, but would have preferred extra pockets for storage and a darker color to hide stains.

All the brushes are incredible soft and I have not had an issue with shedding or bleeding during cleaning.

My favorite brush is the smudge brush. I use it to apply color on the lower lash line, to smoke out eyeliner, and sometimes to apply color or blend at the crease. I have small eyes so I prefer the size of this brush compared to the angled brush in the kit. Very useful and I reach for it everyday.

The shade brush is on the small and thin side, but since I have small eyes it does the job for packing color on the lid. I could see it being a pain in the behind for those with bigger eyes/lid space. I think its great for applying a highlight color.

I use the highlight brush more as a blending brush. Its great for blending colors at the crease as well as blending under eye concealer.

The 2 brushes I rarely use in the kit are the blending brush and the crease brush. The blending brush is a weird shape, and I'm not really sure what to use it for either (maybe highlighting). I prefer the highlight brush or the smudge brush for the crease. Although I could see this brush working well for those who contour their nose.

Popular Makeup Brushes