EcoTools 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

Filtered by age: 30-35
EcoTools 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)
Ecotools BAMBOO 6 Piece Eye Brush SetEcotools BAMBOO 6 Piece Eye Brush Set6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)EcoTools eye brush set

4.2

I've never found a brush soft enough to rub along my waterline, until now (the smudge brush). Hello gorgeous blended liner. Or a small enough lid brush for hooded eyes that is SOFT enough to actually PRESS into your skin without pushing, itching, or pulling too much. Thirdly, the highlight brush is the best blender brush I've found to date. Urban blender ineffective and not soft enough, even though it's soft. The other two are kinda big for my eyes, but that's good for base coloring. The angled one could be used for nose contouring, which I tried, even though I don't contour my nose, but it worked! Good starter kit until you're ready to throw down $$$$$ on professional brushes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The brushes are worth about what they cost (very little) The real techniques brushes are a better option at this price range. One wash and these brushes are trash, they get scratchy, frayed, and do not keep their shape. (I wash with MAC brush cleaner)

What really irritates me is the Eco-friendly claims. First off, that giant plastic package they come in, really? Bamboo is not a green material. Here's a quick over view of why:

Bamboo is only renewable if it's properly maintained, and the fertilizers, pesticides and clear-cutting that has become more common to keep up with the demand for bamboo has made it less than an eco champion. There's also the cost of transportation, as well as the cheaper bamboo that has popped up on the market, which is not only less durable but also use formaldehyde emitting finishes.

The manufacturer claims it is green because it grows so quickly compared to wood. Most bamboo is manufactured in some of the worlds most pollution filled countries, with minimal laws on the chemicals that can be used and dumped. Properly maintained and harvested forests are much better for the environment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this 5 brush eye kit because it was one of the top 2 picks of a respected and very well known blogger. I have to admit, I agree with a couple of the commenters about the use of the two huge brushes (blend & crease). Although, maybe it is also because I'm a novice when it comes to make-up. Still learning my way around applying eye make-up and everything else in between. The quality of the brushes are great! Although, I've only compared it to E.L.F., these are definitely so much better. Would definitely recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this set since I wanted to have few smaller eye brushes to go in my morning makeup bag. These brushes are short in their length, but the Blend, Highlight and the Crease brushes' heads are SO big! Bigger than normal brushes. So you can't really apply eye shadows accurately with them. I've also found the Shade brush to be too small for anything but applying a light shadow in the inner C of the eye. The Smudge brush was too itchy to use around the eye area... The Blend brush even lost some hairs, and that was a big turn off for me...
BUT- I've found out that if I use them differently they do a pretty nice job so overall I did find use for them all and after the first not so good impression I had on them, I started liking them.
I use the Blend brush as a highlight brush.
I use the Highlight brush as a crease brush- it's perfect to blend shadows in that area.
I use the smudge brush to conceal tiny areas.
I use the crease brush as a shade brush, even though it is a little too big for that.
I use the shade brush to apply highlighter in the inner C of the eye.

The brushes are "green" and the case is really comfortable to carry while traveling. They are also soft and nice to hold.

So- Not a "must have", not even "good to have", but OK to have.

on 2/25/2012 2:11:00 PM

This post is for yellow7.... I live in Toronto and just recently saw them at Pharma Plus

on 1/5/2012 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I have many EcoTool brushes. After buying Mac brushes, bobbi brown, and a few others, I have found that this and "Gotta B Urban" brushes are equally excellent brushes in quality and value. Soft and blend wonderfully. Holds up to washing with soap cleanser and air dries without getting stiff. Highly recommended and very easy to find.I got tired of my mac brushes shedding and getting $30 brushes from other companies (Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Anastasia). These work just as well, if not better.

on 9/30/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love these brushes! They are so soft. I have been using these for a month now and have yet to experience any shedding. They are easy to clean and even easier to travel with. The case is nice, but not anything special. I would buy these again and plan to buy more.

I really like these brushes. My favorite ones are the blending one, the crease one, and the smudge. It is unbelievable to me how for less than 6 dollars I can have such good brushes. Also, I like that they are eco-friendly.

on 5/18/2011 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

meh. just okay. i actually regret buying this, simply b/c i don't use it. the brushes were all about too stiff, and i need to "enjoy" the softness of a brush to keep using it. but i love the look...just not the brushes.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wasn't expecting much from these brushes given the price ($8.00)...I pretty much figured I would be happy if I ended up liking one of the brushes for this price. It turns out I not only like, but love, all of the brushes in this set. They are very soft and work as well, if not better than, other $$$ brushes that I have purchased. This was my first Ecotools purchase, and I will be checking out their other brushes.

Popular Makeup Brushes