Ecotools 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

Filtered by age: 19-24
Ecotools  6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)
Ecotools BAMBOO 6 Piece Eye Brush SetEcotools BAMBOO 6 Piece Eye Brush Set6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)EcoTools eye brush set

4.2

on 12/4/2015 2:48:00 AM

I find that these brushes do not actually pick up/hold eyeshadow very well... I mainly use Urban Decay's Naked palettes for my eye make up and have been disappointed in the way that my Ecotools brushes seem to only pick up very thin layers at a time. Meaning I have to put on quite a few layers of shadow. They do on the other hand feel so soft, and all the thicker brushes act as great blending brushes.

These brushes are well constructed, the bristles are soft and I have never experienced any fallout. I was hoping these brushes would be my all purpose eye brush set, but they seemed to miss the mark for me.
The blending brush is too large for my eyelid, and my eyes are by no means small. it sort of has a point to it which makes it work for a brow bone highlight. It also works for setting the under eye concealer.
The crease brush is also too large and awkwardly shaped for my eyes to use for its intended purpose. I've seen some people use it to contour the nose, but my nose looks weird when I contour it, so I haven't found much use for this brush. I could possibly use it to blend concealer under my eyes, which is something I haven't tried yet but will try in the near future. (Update: it didn't work. too streaky and brush absorbed too much product)
The highlighter brush is what I use to apply color to the crease and what I use to blend everything out.
The shader brush is what I use all over my lid. It's small but it gets the job done...eventually.
And finally, the definer brush is good for applying shadow on the lower lash line. Probably the only brush in the set I actually use for its intended purpose.
All and all, I'm not completely disappointed in the set, but it took me some time to figure out how to get the most use out of them. I know ecotools recently came out with a double ended eye brush set, and I want to try that soon.

Ecotools brushes are the worst brushes I've ever used.

They're soft, but they're too soft to properly buff in products.
the eye brushes are too large to properly get a precise application.
all of the brushes ecotools has are too big, too long, and basically too floppy. they need to be more structured to get a better

all of their kits are a waste of money.
the only reason people like these brushes is bc they're easy to access. people are blinded by their softness, but really the softness backfires since it creates a poor application.

elf has great inexpensive brushes, you can get a good value kit of brushes like mac or sigma.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have small Asian eyes with not a lot of lid space. From the pictures online, I thought two of the EcoTools eye brushes would be too large (the two leftmost ones in the provided product photo) but I let the reviews get to me and bought it anyway.

Those two brushes were indeed too large, and unfortunately none of the others were particularly remarkable, especially if used for their intended purposes. Here's a breakdown of the included items and how I've repurposed them to my needs:

Large eye brush, angled crease brush - I use these occasionally for contouring my nose. They do a good enough job at that but I find them very unwieldy eye brushes and wouldn't recommend them to anyone who prefers more precise placement.

Highlighting brush - I use this for blending, and while it does a decent job I find that the completely rounded shape of the ferrule (instead of a more pinched shape, for example the ferrule of the MAC 217) makes it a little more difficult to work with.

Petite eye shading brush - I like this for patting on eyeshadow all over, although I do occasionally use it as an accent color as suggested.

Smudge brush - I use this occasionally for an inner corner highlight as I don't often smudge my liner. I have used this for smudging my eyeliner before and I consider it an average quality option that is good for the price.

The bag - Since these brushes are minis and the bag is meant for traveling, it seems reasonable that a used brush may be placed in the bag. However, as the bag doesn't open all the way it can have residual shimmer in it which is somewhat irksome.

Overall, aside from the two oversized (for me, at least) eye brushes, I think this set would provide a decent starter set of brushes for a beginner. They are decent quality, don't shed, and are soft. However, I'm not sure it's worth picking up if you already have eye brushes that you're happy with.

on 7/11/2014 7:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

The brushes hardly pickup any eyeshadow. I have to keep apply same spot again and again, still the result look more fade than I apply same eye shadow with my finger once.

Other pros: They are very cheap and also soft.
I think they might be great for beginners in make up because you can never apply to much. Moreover if you apply the wrong spot, you can barely see the mistake due to the fading effect.

If the brushes pick up more product,i would rate this 4 stars.

on 6/25/2014 9:26:00 AM

I bought these brushes as a cheap alternative to the sigma brush set I am lusting over, at only $10AUD they were a steal. Although the actual bristle quality is lovely, I am overall disappointed with this product.

First off, when they say travel size (and they do, in super small print on the case) they really mean it. These brushes are tiny. I thought it would be fine, however I was not prepared for just how small they are. I like to store my brushes in a pen cup for ease of access - and I can't even see them in it!

As for application I find myself only using three of the five brushes. The pencil brush is great for sculpting the brows, the flat brush for eyeshadow application, and the blender which is barely adequate.

Pros:
- Price, they are very affordable.
- Soft bristles.
- Eco friendly, made from synthetic hair and recycled products.

Cons:
- Teeny tiny little handles
- Three of the brushes have very little variation between them.
- Does seem to lose a lot of the product before it even hits your face.

Overall I would not recommend these brushes for someone looking for dabbling in more advanced makeup looks, or who reaches for a variety of brushes in their daily use.

on 3/12/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great set for a great price! For those who need brushes that are just starting out, use Ecotools. Don't really have to jump start in the high end brand brushes. That's what I did lol. These brushes are just fine :)

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Before I got this set, the only eye brushes I had and used were the brushes that came with the UD Naked 1-3 palettes and the Eco tools shadow brush(long handle). I love the shadow brush but the UD blending brushes weren't cutting it! I am in love with the two blending brushes in this set. I use the petite shading brush to apply the crease colors and blend, and then go over and blend more with the angles brush. I don't use the other brushes much, because the large eye brush is a bit large and I prefer the other brush that's not included in this kit for applying shadow. I use one of the double ended brushes to apply black shadow in the crease and pat it on then blend with the two other brushes. These brushes are so soft and worth more than what you pay for!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I really like these brushes! I tend to like smaller brushes for doing the whole lid instead of the big fluffy ones and this set has a great mix of both. I use the fluffy ones for blending and these brushes work well with my high end eyeshadow and my cheapies! I agree with some reviewers that these brushes can vary greatly from package to package but just examine a few sets at the store and pick the one that looks the best. I picked a set with smaller brushes intentionally while there were other sets with more fluffy brushes. These brushes were a great price and you can often find coupons online for Ecotools brushes to save even more. These brushes are everything I wanted and they are worth trying before turning to a more expensive brand. On a side note, I had also tried the E.L.F. brand brushes and I like Ecotools much better. There's less fall out and the brushes are denser to hold shadow better.

on 11/19/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Great quality, extremely soft, durable, long lasting, and as good as high end brushes, if not better!

Popular Makeup Brushes