Fyrinnae Matte Light

Price: $

Price: $

This stuff is amazing and I buy a lot of HE cosmetics. It is a light taupe-ish brown with no orange or tan in it whatsoever. I've only seen photos of Chanel's Notorious but I think this is slightly more brown and less purple/grey/taupe than Notorious. Compared to other bronzers like Guerlain, Dior, and Bobbi Brown, it is definitely more cool-toned. Although I bought the matte, it has a teeny bit of shimmer but it's not noticeable on the skin. Although it's billed as a bronzer, I use it more for contour and it's FANTASTIC on my NC25 skin. It's also the perfect mid-tone brown-taupe eyeshadow that I've been searching for. Great for work. Buy the sample size for $1.50 and get a small sifter to fit into the sample jar -- it's much easier than trying to get your brush in there with enough precision so that you don't overdip in the loose powder. It's pretty pigmented and I use just a little bit each time. My little sample jar has lasted me for a couple of months and is still going strong. continued >>

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There is one problem with this product...buying a full-size will make me feel horrible about the other 6 bronzers i have that i likley won't use again. ;-) I am about to finish up my sample and am prepared to buy the full size. I don't typically use bronzers for bronzing per se, i use them more for contouring as well as matching my face to my neck. face is slightly darker. i also have a lot of redness so the combination of a good yellow based foundation and some bronzer really diffuses it well. this bronzer looks matte on me. not in a flat way. it looks like skin. it also has no orange tinge. frankly, i don't even consider it a bronzey tinge. it's just a beige-brown. it doesn't bother my skin in any way like itchiness. and to boot, its so inexpensive. i would say i'm an nc25 and the matte light is the perfect color for me for my intended use. it's great.