Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner
Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.6

on 7/15/2012 5:19:00 AM

I love the actual product. It stays on throughout the day and it is matt which I like. The one thing I am not keen on is the brush. Overall a good quality eyeliner.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is not a bad product, I just couldn't seem to get it to work for me. I bought it mainly to try on my waterline, and it did last pretty long, longer than most pencils. However, when it did smudge, it flaked off onto my contacts in pretty big chunks, and really irritated my eyes. so I will probably not be using it again, since I don't really like the look of gels on my lashline. I do think it's a great color, and seems to not dry out, so if you like gel liners in general and don't wear contacts, this might work for you.

on 6/19/2010 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I haven't been much of a fan of brown eyeliner but this color is perfect for everyday. It still defines my eyes but isn't as dramatic as black eyeliner so I can use it everyday for work. Leave the black eyeliner for the weekend!

i had this liner for about a year, and used quite a bit, but it's just as creamy as the day i bought it. it applies extremely well and blends out just as well. I wear this color for the days when i don't want too much liner on my eyes... cuz sometimes black is just too harsh. love bb gel liners and they are my hg

on 2/27/2008 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

You haven't used eyeliner if you haven't tried Bobbi's gel eyeliner. This is a dark dark brown (almost black) gel eyeliner without any shimmer. Lasts long and when it wears off it fades subtly instead of leaving your eyes looking like they've been punched. Very good. If only it is more convenient to carry around.

on 2/16/2008 1:37:00 PM

This is my favorite makeup product I own, and it has made the most impact of any of the makeup products I have. In my experience, pencil liners simply cannot effectively define my eyes the way liquid or gel liner can, and I don't have the time or steady hands to apply liquid liner. I apply along my upper lashes only, using a Sephora brand fine liner brush. The texture is creamier (and more ideal IMO) than Stila Smudge Pots. Application is not as quick as pencil, but it's pretty easy (and gets even easier with practice), and if you make a little mistake, you can grab a q-tip and smudge it a bit, and it still looks great. It lasts all day+ without moving. I have worked out then rubbed the sweat off of my face with my hands while wearing this, and it still looked perfect. One thing that could be a potential con for some is that the color, while beautiful in the pot, does not transfer precisely to the eyelids. On the eyes, it looks very dark, definitely not harsh like black, but dark. I was initially disappointed by that, but I quickly came to appreciate the dark color and realized that it is best for defining the eyes...I just had never had this much success with other liners. On that note, from what I've gathered from reviews, most BB gel liners apply very dark, which I'm thankful for because I don't feel like I have to buy any of the other colors (they're $19 apiece).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Believe the hype.. all those MUAers can't be wrong. I LOVE these gel liners.. and wonder why I took so long to get them. I use an artstore detailing brush and am very happy with the effect. The application is smooth, the color very easy to control and this stuff lasts!! On me (GGG, NC35) sepia is a rich brown black. I am so happy that I got 4 (including the Neimans LE)... I think I'll give up on liquid liners for now.

on 8/26/2002 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Sepia is a great brown shade. The BB gel liners are the longest lasting liners on the market. Last all day with minimal/minor smudging. Shade selection is 6 shades of non shimmery, basic colors, which some people may find a little dull. But overall these can't be beat!