Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner
Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.1

Agree it's a HG product.
Use it over black eyeliner for best smoky eye results.
But it tends to dry up, I usually use the hard rounded end of my eyeliner brush to give the surface a little swirl. This breaks up the surface dryness and tada, it's all creamy again.

on 3/25/2014 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Another HG product! It's a great product from bobbi brown, i am not dissapointed at all. It can handle my super-oily lid for almost 5 hours, and that's a new record! So when I'm trying to add Urban Decay's primer potion as my primer, this product is not coming out at all. And I know it's a bit hard to be smudged, but with a little help with my dearly Sigma E20, i am impressed :)

on 8/5/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the pot, Sepia Ink looks like it might be too light for my coloring (NC25, black hair and eyes), but it's actually perfect for an everyday liner. The color is a very dark neutral brown without any red tones. It's perfect for everyday lining and it looks great with my coloring. It's the tiniest bit lighter than Espresso Ink, but not different enough that you need both. I have noticed that it fades and smudges a bit at the end of the day, but it still looks good. My pot of Sepia Ink is creamy and smooth so I think it just depends on if you get a fresh pot or an older pot.

This is a descent gel liner. Not too impressed with the staying power. It glides onto my lids very easily and I love the color. It's a beautiful everyday eyeliner color! The only con I find is that it is not as long lasting as I would like. I do however, have incredibly oily lids. After about 3-4 hours of wear, there is visible fading. It also gave me slight raccoon eyes, nothing a quick swipe under the eyes wont fix but nevertheless a smudge.

For the price of this product I was expecting something better. I can't say it's a waste of money but I would've liked it more if it was longer staying. I've actually had this product for a little of a year now and it hasn't dried out at all (not even on the sides). So the packaging quality is really good.

Overall a descent gel liner but I probably won't repurchase.

on 12/30/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Love This Color! And I have several gel liners from both Bobbi and Shu. I prefer Shu liners in general, but Bobbi is a lose second and Shu has a limited color range. This is my favorite everyday brown (and I have two). I have been told more than once by people who don't know much about makeup that this shade makes my eyes 'POP' more than usual even when applied the same way as other colors, including other browns. That makes this a keeper!

on 4/16/2010 9:25:00 PM

Amazing product, easy to apply, glides on - introduced to my colleagues and friends! Eyeliner really makes all the difference to the eyes (well add on false lashes and VIOLA!) - love sepia, dont know why i waited so long to try this product

Just bought Graphite shimmer - yet to try, hope its as nice as sepia on me!

P/s: after trying black ink and graphite ink, I went back to my first love - sepia ink! Use this with girlactik eyeliner angled brush (refound love) and it is perfect winged eyeliner !

on 5/9/2008 6:06:00 AM

I love this gel liner! The color looks so natural and yet makes me look so much better than without it. It is so easy to apply with the ultrafine eyeliner brush (although the brush wore off too quickly, but that's another product to review). It is quite a hassle to use though coz I would very much prefer a pencil liner that could do the same thing for my eyes, but have yet to find one. I've bought quite a few pencil liners to try to copy the effect that this gel liner does to my eyes, but still no luck. I always have to come back to this gel liner and threw away all those useless pencils.
It does smudge on me a little though as I'm in a tropical zone and have quite oily eyelids, but I could live with that.
Forgot to say that I wouldn't buy this color again coz there are so many other colors I wanna try such as granite ink, mahogany, etc.

on 2/27/2008 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

You haven't used eyeliner if you haven't tried Bobbi's gel eyeliner. This is a dark dark brown (almost black) gel eyeliner without any shimmer. Lasts long and when it wears off it fades subtly instead of leaving your eyes looking like they've been punched. Very good. If only it is more convenient to carry around.

on 4/19/2007 8:48:00 AM

This was my first ever gel liner I am totally hooked on it now! I've totally ditched pencil liners ever since I tried this.

Sepia Ink is more natural than Black Ink, which looks quite harsh on me. I would really recommend this shade for every day use.

I am looking forward to buying other shades because this really has good staying power. Even though abit pricey compared to M.A.C, I think it is worth paying for such good product.

I can only say that I have been conned. After an hour, the Sepia Ink 'Long Wear' Gel started smearing. After 2 hours, it smeared even worse. After that, 80% dissapeared. And what sucks most is that I took so long to apply it every morning. I even put on BE MV on my lids and after lining, brushed on some more powder on top. After all that work, it still smeared. What a total letdown and a waste of my money buying this and the brush. Please dont buy this if you are living in a humid environment.