Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I can't speak for anyone but I can speak for me I have tried the maybelline gel liner and the sephora gel liner which was suggested to me by a sephora employee after I had told her I had oily eyelids & both products didn't last on me at all within an hour the black was all over my eyelid. This is the only gel eye liner that goes on and stays on for me. I have it in black & all though it's not as pigmented as I would want it does have great staying power

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is by far the best eyeliner I have ever used. I'm a swimmer and it lasts through an entire day of work/school and then through swim practice afterward. You would think that since it lasts so long it would be tough to remove, but it's not! Comes off easily with Almay eyemakeup remover. This stuff is genius.

It seems expensive, but one tiny jar will honestly last a year (even for someone like me, who is quite heavy-handed with eyeliner). Worth the money.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I must share a secret with my fellow brunette MUAers-- this is TERRIFIC for BROWS! Take a tiny dab on your BB ultrafine eyeliner brush, wipe any excess on a tissue and VERY lightly (with a sketching motion) fill in your brows in the same direction that they grow. Take your time the first time you do this until you get the feel of it. When you are satisfied, give it a second or two to dry, then go over it gently with an eyebrow brush. Dab your brows lightly with compact powder to soften the look. Your brows will last ALL DAY and won't smudge, even in hot weather. Of course, the most appropriate colors for this are Mahogany or Sepia ink.
UPDATE-I've discovered Makeup Forever Waterproof Brow Corrector. It works on the same principal but it's designed specifically for brows.

on 11/7/2007 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I feel torn about this liner. It has the usual great BB ink quality, and it's a gorgeous color for me--a dark, olive-tinged brown that really sets off my slightly warmer brown eyes beautifully. But it is so hard (for me) to apply because it's so dark and makes such a strong line--it's tough to make it work (for me) for an everyday look. I'm always putting it on and having to work off the edges with an eye makeup remover pen . . . . I'm going to keep it because it looks so great (also because I don't have much choice--I bought it at Bergdorf's) but will save it for special occasions and evening events.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the greatest liner ever!!! It lasts forever... I ran out a few months ago, but I haven't repurchased yet because it's a little pricey and I don't wear liner very often. This is a great dark brown though, and the staying power is amazing!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

This is an excellent gel liner, but I would only buy it again if MAC discontinued their fluidline gel liner in dipdown. The MAC one is a tad cheaper and superior to this, as far as I am concerned. At 51-I will never go back to liquid or cake liners!!

on 11/13/2005 1:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I used up the last of my Bobbi Brown Hunter Ink liner, so I thought I'd branch out. Love this color! I have light skin, so darker tones look very harsh. This color is on the darker side, but defines rather than sharpens my eye. I usually apply it with a Stila #13 brush or a crappy old Sonia Kashuk eyeliner brush, depending on the look I'm going for, and it turns out perfect everytime and lasts forever. Bobbi Brown deserves to be in the Makeup Hall of Fame (if there was such a thing) for this product alone.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love, love, love this eyeliner! I have green eyes that are prone to watering, (tears always come to my eyes when I laugh) and I've never been able to find an eyeliner that stays put. That's pretty important to me cause I wear cat eyes most of the time. The Sepia really brings out the green in my eyes. I really do love it, and would definatly buy it again!

on 2/23/2003 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love the gel liners (I have all but black) and this one is no exception. This is the only brown liner I've ever worn successfully. Such a pretty color.

Right now I'm wearing it with Stila Oasis (gold) e/s wet. It looks great.

on 12/31/2002 7:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is suprisingly easy to apply and lasts like nothing else.I use BB fine eyeliner brush with it and it looks so beautiful,not harsh or dark.