Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner
Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.5

on 1/19/2016 9:29:00 PM

I use sepia ink for my eyebrows. This stuff is really good but I wouldn't repurchase this particular shade.

MEH.
Expensive and dried up after 3 months. It gives the same effects as the Maybelline one, what made it worse is that it is a lot more expensive. I thought maybe it'd be better if i spent my money on some high end eyeliner. I regret my decision. Now i am back with my Maybelline one, toss it after 3 or 4 months when it dries up, then buy a new one without no regret because it is inexpensive.

Agree it's a HG product.
Use it over black eyeliner for best smoky eye results.
But it tends to dry up, I usually use the hard rounded end of my eyeliner brush to give the surface a little swirl. This breaks up the surface dryness and tada, it's all creamy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I can't speak for anyone but I can speak for me I have tried the maybelline gel liner and the sephora gel liner which was suggested to me by a sephora employee after I had told her I had oily eyelids & both products didn't last on me at all within an hour the black was all over my eyelid. This is the only gel eye liner that goes on and stays on for me. I have it in black & all though it's not as pigmented as I would want it does have great staying power

on 4/3/2013 10:26:00 AM

I heard about this from Lisa Eldridge, since I have dark brown eyes and soft black eyebrows and lashes, I thought a 'softer' eyeliner would be nice. My skin tone is around nc20 in Mac.
I tried brown eyeliners before and against dark brown/ soft black, most brown eyeliners simply look weird/ sickly.
I ordered BB Sepia Ink looking at online pictures and reviews. When I opened the box I thought it's too light a brown and when I scratched the surface with my Mac eyeliner brush, the colour payoff was very faint. I think it was the surface as I dug into it a bit further quite a dark brown eyeliner came out. I would say colour is very close to Mac's Brun eye shadow. A black/brown. This eyeliner works even to fill in my eyebrows. It's matte and I find you need to layer a few times to get good definition and since the texture is drier than liquid eyeliners, it might be slightly difficult to get very sharp flicks. I also found it doesn't budge so easily. My eyelids are not oily but not dry either. So this holds pretty much all day.

on 8/5/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the pot, Sepia Ink looks like it might be too light for my coloring (NC25, black hair and eyes), but it's actually perfect for an everyday liner. The color is a very dark neutral brown without any red tones. It's perfect for everyday lining and it looks great with my coloring. It's the tiniest bit lighter than Espresso Ink, but not different enough that you need both. I have noticed that it fades and smudges a bit at the end of the day, but it still looks good. My pot of Sepia Ink is creamy and smooth so I think it just depends on if you get a fresh pot or an older pot.

This is a very good eyeliner... A gel that can be applied easy. x

on 1/28/2011 10:04:00 PM

This is an amazing liner in most cases, but it's staying power is about 4 hours before it starts to fade. (Take into consideration that I do have really oily lids). This is perfect for a natural every day look. You can make this as dramatic as you'd like, which is what I love about this product. Thick or thin. I would buy this again.

This is a descent gel liner. Not too impressed with the staying power. It glides onto my lids very easily and I love the color. It's a beautiful everyday eyeliner color! The only con I find is that it is not as long lasting as I would like. I do however, have incredibly oily lids. After about 3-4 hours of wear, there is visible fading. It also gave me slight raccoon eyes, nothing a quick swipe under the eyes wont fix but nevertheless a smudge.

For the price of this product I was expecting something better. I can't say it's a waste of money but I would've liked it more if it was longer staying. I've actually had this product for a little of a year now and it hasn't dried out at all (not even on the sides). So the packaging quality is really good.

Overall a descent gel liner but I probably won't repurchase.

Perfect brown eyeliner, not muddy, just super flattering. It makes my hazel eyes pop, without being as harsh as a black eyeliner. Black eyeliners tend to make my eyes look smaller. lasts all day long. I often go swimming, it did pass the test successfully.
my HG eyeliner. period.