Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I can't speak for anyone but I can speak for me I have tried the maybelline gel liner and the sephora gel liner which was suggested to me by a sephora employee after I had told her I had oily eyelids & both products didn't last on me at all within an hour the black was all over my eyelid. This is the only gel eye liner that goes on and stays on for me. I have it in black & all though it's not as pigmented as I would want it does have great staying power

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with one of the reviews right before mine, that this has terrible lasting power, and the pigmentation isn't the best. I was pretty bummed with this and black ink, as they both sucked for what I wanted them for (winged liner)... my Maybelline, WnW, gel liners, and plain old liquid liner have worked in the best, and top this. HOWEVER, this works GREAT as a base for certain shadows, eg this, spread over lid and maybe above crease, with Star Violet or Expensive Pink (mac) on top. I also like this for the inner rim on occasion. The colour is good.
But it is quite overrated for what it's MEANT to be (almost a more convenient replacement for liquid liner), so i have taken off a lippie. Rec? No, but if you already purchased, and regret it, you can salvage it by using this (or black ink) as a base for other shadows. BTW I hate Black ink, too as a liner--but as base, that is also fab (black ink as base, mac tilt and humid on top = a look that'll garner you compliments galore).

on 12/30/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Love This Color! And I have several gel liners from both Bobbi and Shu. I prefer Shu liners in general, but Bobbi is a lose second and Shu has a limited color range. This is my favorite everyday brown (and I have two). I have been told more than once by people who don't know much about makeup that this shade makes my eyes 'POP' more than usual even when applied the same way as other colors, including other browns. That makes this a keeper!

on 3/16/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Looks like a nice rich brown in pot but against my skin it turns a flat gray-brown. I prefer MAC's dipdown to this, which is a bit yellow-er in pigment (works better against my skin). MAC's is richer, though for someone with cooler coloring BB's would be perfect. I just have an olive-y tone with lots of surface redness so my version of "neutral" is shifted somewhat.

on 12/1/2008 7:43:00 PM

When I first saw the gel liner, I was totally against converting from pencil to gel. The idea painting on liner petrified me, and it looked like an art. But, after a few times of practicing, this is the best way of applying liner and I'm never going back to pencil. This does not smudge and lasts ALL day. The only complaint I have about this is that it dries out very quickly (after a few months) and isn't as quality as when you first buy it because of that. So, every time you use this you MUST put on the cap as soon as you're done using it. Minimize the air!

on 11/7/2007 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I feel torn about this liner. It has the usual great BB ink quality, and it's a gorgeous color for me--a dark, olive-tinged brown that really sets off my slightly warmer brown eyes beautifully. But it is so hard (for me) to apply because it's so dark and makes such a strong line--it's tough to make it work (for me) for an everyday look. I'm always putting it on and having to work off the edges with an eye makeup remover pen . . . . I'm going to keep it because it looks so great (also because I don't have much choice--I bought it at Bergdorf's) but will save it for special occasions and evening events.

This beautiful e/l gives a dense and smooth line and lasts most of the day. I used this for my wedding and it looked lovely in photos. It actually looks like a soft-toned black, but not as harsh as black - much more neutral. The tiny pot looks small, but there's actually loads of product! I love this - but I also like Clinique's Black Honey, which comes with a tiny brush that I find quite useful. I do prefer BB's to Stila's, which I bought in 'Gray' and was very dry - not as silky smooth as this one. Stila's dried up after about a year and I've thrown it away. I bought it round about the same time as BB's and used it a similar number of times, so Stila's shouldn't have been more exposed to air than BB's. I'll be repurchasing this one! I also have this in Violet Ink.

on 1/2/2006 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Yet another rave! I was surprised by how easy this was to apply. And it lasts and lasts! Gorgeous dark brown -- not as warm as I feared from the online swatches. Now I want all the colors! :)

on 1/19/2005 11:37:00 PM

This is a great product that works really well even for me - a person that could not apply liquid liner to save her life. But alas my sensitve eyes would not have it. It irritates my eyelids leaving pink line after my careful removal - and the lovely pink line lasts for days :( The Sepia is a nice yellow-brown that's dark and intense and looks great with my blue-green eyes. So for those that can use it go for it. I use the BB extra fine liner brush but any good one should work.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

a staple product. easy to create a beautiful , smooth line by using a ultra fine liner brush. great color for my brown eyes! natural and it lasts forever on my oily lids.
A miracle product! a bit pricy but worth to keep one. I am on my 2nd jar<---a tiny glass jar.