Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.6

on 3/25/2014 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Another HG product! It's a great product from bobbi brown, i am not dissapointed at all. It can handle my super-oily lid for almost 5 hours, and that's a new record! So when I'm trying to add Urban Decay's primer potion as my primer, this product is not coming out at all. And I know it's a bit hard to be smudged, but with a little help with my dearly Sigma E20, i am impressed :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is by far the best eyeliner I have ever used. I'm a swimmer and it lasts through an entire day of work/school and then through swim practice afterward. You would think that since it lasts so long it would be tough to remove, but it's not! Comes off easily with Almay eyemakeup remover. This stuff is genius.

It seems expensive, but one tiny jar will honestly last a year (even for someone like me, who is quite heavy-handed with eyeliner). Worth the money.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is not a bad product, I just couldn't seem to get it to work for me. I bought it mainly to try on my waterline, and it did last pretty long, longer than most pencils. However, when it did smudge, it flaked off onto my contacts in pretty big chunks, and really irritated my eyes. so I will probably not be using it again, since I don't really like the look of gels on my lashline. I do think it's a great color, and seems to not dry out, so if you like gel liners in general and don't wear contacts, this might work for you.

on 3/29/2005 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the all-time greatest daytime eyeliner for me, and it also does double-duty as a brow filler. I don't have the special brush that goes with it, but I do have BB's old triangular-shapes liner brush and that works very well, as well as BE's and Aveda's liner brushes. Easily lines inner rim with a minimum of smearing. For evening I use Stila Smudge Pot in grey, and I'm hoping to try some MAC Fluidlines in some of the whackier colors like green and blue. But Sepia shall be a staple for years to come.

on 5/7/2004 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not too pleased with the color because I finally realized that I look best in plum/violet eye liner but I still have to give props where props are due. When I line my eyes with this I try to do it very thinly and very close to the lashine. It's not a warm brown color but more of a muddy brown that actually looks very subtle on if application is done well. Love the gel formula because it really is long-wearing but recently regretted the purchase because of the newly released similarly formulated Stila Smudgepots. (For which you get .04 more ounces of product for 2 dollar less) Still, a very unique product that is good for those with oily skin.

on 2/16/2004 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect black-brown liner color. Although it sets fairly quickly, you still have time to feather/smudge the edge of your line and the color doesn't gray out like other dark liners do.

The wear on this is incredible. I have oily skin, sensitive eyes and wear contacts. This means that my eye liner tends to slide, especially on the outer edges of the lower line. But not with the BB gel in Sepia.

Oddly enough, the BB gel in Violet is slighlty less long-lasting and slightly less pigmented, but still heads and shoulders above any other liners I've tried to date.

BTW, I use several different brushes and get good results w/ all of them. I have a smashbox push brush as well as some art store detail brushes (taklon and natural) and like them all.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Cute little jar. Color is so dark almost shows up as black but not quite as harsh. Can't really tell the difference between this and black from afar though. Easy to apply with any fine point eyeliner brush. Only qualm - when applied to my lower lashline it tends to smudge a bit, but generally stays put for a long time. A little bit goes a long way.