Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.4

on 2/27/2008 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

You haven't used eyeliner if you haven't tried Bobbi's gel eyeliner. This is a dark dark brown (almost black) gel eyeliner without any shimmer. Lasts long and when it wears off it fades subtly instead of leaving your eyes looking like they've been punched. Very good. If only it is more convenient to carry around.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My eyes: Small asian eyes with oily lids
Packaging: Small size is great for travel, but glass makes it a little inconvenient

Pros: Lovely natural brown which is great for day use. Creamy consistency makes it easy to brush on, great to make thin and thick lines. Does not flake or smudge even on hot and sweaty days.
Cons: Dries up quite fast so be sure to replace cap asap, dries up on the back of my hand very quickly too, so i need an oil MU remover to clean up after applying on my eyes. Brush needs to be cleaned immediately too.

on 12/29/2004 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG eyeliner--it's the one I wear the most. It's a real brown, with no red tones. Beautiful.

on 5/20/2004 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my HG eyeliner, and I don't know how I lived without it before! It is the best. This eyeliner, maybelline grey eyebrow pencil, some black mascara and blush (either NARS Orgasm or BB desert rose) and that's my everyday face--very forties, very me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great eyeliner in terms of staying power and lookability but never ever leave the lid off the pot becuase it dries up!! Quite difficult to use with a brush too as i find it clumps.

on 1/9/2004 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Looks more like a soft black than a brown to me. Will not smear even with my Asian double lids! Expensive for a little tub but it'll last me forever since I need so little of it. Not as hard to put on as I thought. Just needed to buy the ultra fine eyeliner brush. Staying power of a liquid eyeliner and smudgeablity of a pencil. This stuff is a miracle.

Update: Switched to Urban Decay liquid liners because I love the colors. Would still recommend this product for someone who want the more traditional eyeliner colors.

on 4/5/2003 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow! I love this eyeliner! It goes on so smooth and easy, especially with the wonderful Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush! Fantastic staying power - practically waterproof! Love the heavy elegant glass-bottom packaging too.

on 2/12/2003 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sepia is nice matte, dark brown that is a perfect everyday color. It is easy to apply and goes on smooth. Plus, even on my oily eyelids, it lasts all day with minimal smudging. While Violet Ink is my favorite, this shade is definitely a versatile must-have!

on 8/24/2002 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sepia Ink is dark brown that goes on nearly black. Great everyday color without the harsh look of a liquid liner. It's also neutral enough to compliment most eyeshadow shades. This is the only product that actually lasts on my oily lids and doesn't smudge. The application can be tricky (the key is to not load your brush with too much product) and I find that it is more time consuming. For women on the go each morning, another eye liner product may suit you better.