Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner
Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.5

on 1/19/2016 9:29:00 PM

I use sepia ink for my eyebrows. This stuff is really good but I wouldn't repurchase this particular shade.

MEH.
Expensive and dried up after 3 months. It gives the same effects as the Maybelline one, what made it worse is that it is a lot more expensive. I thought maybe it'd be better if i spent my money on some high end eyeliner. I regret my decision. Now i am back with my Maybelline one, toss it after 3 or 4 months when it dries up, then buy a new one without no regret because it is inexpensive.

on 2/3/2014 12:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bitterly disappointed with this gel liner. After a month the gel liner dried up. I firmly kept the lid screwed on. So many other reviewers have said the same. A very expensive product for only a month.

on 4/3/2013 10:26:00 AM

I heard about this from Lisa Eldridge, since I have dark brown eyes and soft black eyebrows and lashes, I thought a 'softer' eyeliner would be nice. My skin tone is around nc20 in Mac.
I tried brown eyeliners before and against dark brown/ soft black, most brown eyeliners simply look weird/ sickly.
I ordered BB Sepia Ink looking at online pictures and reviews. When I opened the box I thought it's too light a brown and when I scratched the surface with my Mac eyeliner brush, the colour payoff was very faint. I think it was the surface as I dug into it a bit further quite a dark brown eyeliner came out. I would say colour is very close to Mac's Brun eye shadow. A black/brown. This eyeliner works even to fill in my eyebrows. It's matte and I find you need to layer a few times to get good definition and since the texture is drier than liquid eyeliners, it might be slightly difficult to get very sharp flicks. I also found it doesn't budge so easily. My eyelids are not oily but not dry either. So this holds pretty much all day.

on 2/5/2013 7:24:00 PM

Have been using this for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it. The colour is perfect for everyday wear. Easy to apply too and dries very quickly and it doesn't budge after that! I use the Ecotools eye liner brush with this as I find the Bobbi Brown mini eye liner brush (comes with the set - Black Ink, Sepia Ink and the brush - at Heathrow airport for GBP29) a little too small for easy application. A little goes a long way and I don't see myself finishing this product anytime soon! I do worry that it will dry out before I finish it though.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This gel liner has a dry consistency that I hate. Will not repurchase.

on 7/15/2012 5:19:00 AM

I love the actual product. It stays on throughout the day and it is matt which I like. The one thing I am not keen on is the brush. Overall a good quality eyeliner.

This is a very good eyeliner... A gel that can be applied easy. x

on 4/30/2012 3:51:00 PM

This brown is great for hazel eyes. Smooth application and long-wearing. I wear it with Bobbi Brown bone, champagne, and rose gold shadows.

on 3/17/2012 1:05:00 AM

I got mine as a set (black and brown) as a gift. I was so disappointed with the brown - it's not pigmented, doesn't have much staying power, and most importantly, fails completely on my waterline (what I got it for in the first place). I know BB gel liners are formulated to work on the waterline but for some reason, once my gel liner dries and sets, it starts flaking like mad and hurting my poor eyes. This happened when I first opened it, a few weeks and even months later so I'm pretty sure it's not a dried out/product aging issue. Maybe I got a dud set, maybe the formula just isn't for me - either way, this definitely did not live up to it's HG hyped status. The only pros are that it's very smooth and the packaging is nice. I've moved on the liquid liner which is much quicker and pigmented. Less messy too since I don't need to clean the brush after every single use. Definitely won't repurchase again.