Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme [DISCONTINUED]

Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Water, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2. Hdi/Ppg/Polyaprolactone Crosspolymer, Jojoba Seed Oil, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Rosemary Extract, Spike Moss Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Pomegranate Juice Extract, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Calcium Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment Extract, Haberlea Phodopensis Leaf Extract, Barley Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Licorice Leaf Extract, Hops Extract, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Pomegranate Sterols, Beet Root Extract, Sunflower Seedcake, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Adenosine Phosphate, Linoleic Acid, Algae Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caffeine, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Saccharide Isomerate, Peg-100 Stearate, Phytantriol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Pca, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Trehalose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Coconut Oil, Acetyl Carnitine Hcl, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Phenyl Trimethicone, Corn Oil, 7-Dehydrocholestrol, Cyclodextrin, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Atelocollagen, Chitosan, Caprylyl Glycol, Sphingolipids, Silica, Dextrin, Sodium Carbomer, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/21/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this moisturizer from Estee Lauder for a number of reasons. First, it is in my opinion an accessible price point for a good moisturizer. It feels great on the skin and right away I felt my skin was more supple and looked plumped. The downside is the jar packaging, but I am very careful when I use jar products, so it's a minor complaint. It isn't too heavily scented either, which is nice.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well littlestarface (below), you are wrong. I have normal to combination, dehydrated AND acne prone skin. I have the typical oily t-zone, dry cheeks kind. If I remember correctly this product has 2 types- normal to dry, and normal to combination. It has a nice cucumber scent and soaks in really easily. I always apply my moisturiser with downward strokes and I don't massage it in, as advised by my dermatologist, due to my acne prone skin. It takes less than a minute for this to settle. While it's true a lil goes a long way, I need a pretty huge blob for my cheeks and forehead. I've had this for a few months and I've noticed my forehead looks better and overall my face is ok. It only turns out well if I scoop out a generous amount for the whole face. Whenever I use a small amount I tend to end up with one or two breakouts. All in all it's an ok moisturiser. Laneige water bank works best- it leaves you with a long lasting dewy look and if you use it long enough, you'll have a nice supple face. And this coming from someone who lives in the tropics. Doesn't happen all the time.

Noticed a lot of bad reviews from people with oily/acne-prone skin. This is NOT suited for those skin types! It's job is to HYDRATE! You people don't need hydration. Best suited for people with dry/very dry/sensitive and to some degree combination skin.
Probably the best moisturiser I've ever used. Only need a little bit and your skin feels like silk. When you do apply it on your face it looks and feels greasy for the first minute. After giving a minute and time to dry it makes your face look flawless and feel incredibly soft.
Perfectly suited for dry skin.

Downfall - way too pricey for a moisturiser.

Didn't do anything to my skin. It didn't break me out nor did it moisturize it. I have a combination skin with sometimes dry patches during the winter months so I was looking for a good moisturizer. Nothing special and certainly not worth the price EL asks for it. Will not buy it again.

on 5/23/2013 2:55:00 AM

This moisturizer is ok, I wasn't blown away. It did its job, but maybe not for the price. I was using Shu Uemera's deepsea emulsion before this which is cheaper and I think similar in terms of it's function. It doesn't make your skin feel too oily after a few hours, so that's one of the advantages.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have dry skin so opted for the hydrationist. This did nothing for my skin, my face gradually gained dry patches in the day and once removed my skin was drier.

After using this product I refused to use high street brands, technically it is but a little bit more 'high end'

PROs: easy packaging

CONs: the hydration cream doesn't hydrate. Left skin drier.

I like this cream... it's not very perfumey like most EL products. I personally like my creams to be sticky and this does just that! However, I have to say that I believe the serum (ANR) is doing most of the work as I can't tell the difference after switching to this cream. Nonetheless, it's not doing anything untoward and I will keep on repurchasing.

on 2/10/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have been using this creme for over 2 weeks now and I see a noticible difference in my skins appearance and texture. I got this in a kit with the advanced night repair serum and eye cream. It's a bit on the greasy side of creams but it absorbs nicely into the skin. I will definitely be buying again!

on 12/26/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hydrationist is a great basic moisturizer with three skin type formulas. As it's winter, I'm using the creme because my skin is drier and I like having a rich creme. The texture is quite a bit heavier than the lotion, which I've used more in the summer months. It has a bit of fragrance but not enough to be off putting. The price isn't bad for what it is. I would repurchase, it seems to moisturize my skin quite well.

on 3/29/2013 7:22:00 PM

The first time I used this cream I hated it. It was really thick, and I'm pretty sure it broke me out. Goodness me was i wrong. After having it in my cabinet for a few months I decided to try it again and wow! It is such a nice cream, still thick but once you smooth it onto your skin, it just drinks it up. Made me skin feel soft and beautiful and hasn't broken me out so I must have been using another product at the same time. This might even knock my HG moisturiser - the chanel hydra beauty gel cream - out as it sometimes can make my skin feel a bit sticky. Will keep using until its done and see how I feel about it, but wow, I'm so amazed.

Popular Moisturizers