China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy

China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy

3.4

on 5/4/2016 11:53:00 PM

Gorgeous flouro orange colour, but unfortunately the formula is rubbish (as with "Too Yacht to handle"). It applies terribly because of a sticky formula and it chips very soon after.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Real bish of a formula, but looks stupid cute as a pedicure...kind of like that friend you hate to bother with all the time cos she's high maintenance, but is so fun you can't completely ignore.

I honestly would re-buy it, cos it makes me happy (once I forget that it took 3 coats to apply.)

on 6/15/2015 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It's the prettiest color but the formula sucks... Too bad!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this color! Looks so good with a tan. Two coats and a top coat. It looks dry and streaky but a top coat fixes all that!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love the color, but chips like crazy! Had cracks running down some finger nails by the second day. Pity because it is such a gorgeous color :( ...

on 8/25/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love the neon vibrancy of this polish. But the formula is God awful! Even when I take all the precautions (nail dehydrator {OPI}, base coat {OPI with capping}, 2 coats {with capping}, and top coat {Seche Vite with capping} my nails chip in one day. After a few hours, my right thumb nail had a crack all the way across. Today, after one shower, there's chips on each nail, and chunks missing from both my thumbs and one index finger. I HATE THE FORMULA!!!!!! I just wish it would wear better. I'm going to try out their gel version of this, but it seems to be more punk than the original polish.

I am surprised that people hate this nail polish because it's such a lovely color.

It dries matte like many other neon polish. I took one star off because it is somewhat streaky but workable. I am willing to make some effort to wear this pretty color.

I just would not buy this polish again just because I want to try other colors as well.
I get compliments when I wear them.

I really wanted to give this a 5 star review but it just doesnt last long so thats dissapointing. I know its a neon so it will need more than one or two coats... this needed 5 coats all together and the next morning I already had 3 chips! For the price you pay thats just ridiculous that it chips that fast but since the color is soooo pretty ... its worth it. I just put on another coat every time a nail chips oh and a top coat is a must!

packaging : nice peach looking colour, love it
price: in my local ulta it runs around $7.00 + how ever i did get a deal 2 for $10

Applying the polish: Coat #1: colour is satisfying for sure. Kinda bright (neon) streaky
needs second coat
Coat #2: im noticing its kind of gloopy almost, it looks very uneven
its going to need another coat i still love the color
Coat #3: it looks pretty good now you could do another coat if you
wanted. it still kinda looks uneven. and bumpy but lets see
what a top coat does

( before the top coat it was drying kinda matte)
Top coat: now the polish looks A LOT better the streaks aren't AS
noticeable . its still very uneven looking. It could be my
finger nail. i still love the colour however i think the formula
needs some work.

Im not sure if i recommend this or not aha. In all honestly. i love the colour so i would definetly tell you to buy it for that reason. but i do not like the coverage at all. its not what i expected.

on 7/26/2014 6:52:00 AM

I love love love this polish! Just bought my second bottle. First of all, the color is amazing. So vibrant and pretty! When I wear this, I always get compliments. I see a lot of people here say they hate the formula but if you know how to work with it, there is no problem. Just make sure there is enough polish on the brush and don't go over the over a freshly applied layer twice before it has had time to dry as it will get tacky. If you do that, application (at least for me) should not be a problem. I always do two coats for full opacity and the matte finish doesn't bother me. This polish isn't quite longlasting but for me it will stay on for 4-5 days I guess. I have been obsessed with this polish for over 2 years and I don't think that that will change anytime soon!

Popular Polishes