Lancome Definicils Precious Cells Mascara

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I found two of these way in the back of one Lancome display. I hadn't seen them in at least a year and I thought this was discontinued. So, old stock or not, I bought one. On the box it says Definicils Precious Cells High Definition mascara. I looked it up, and it is supposed to condition the lashes and have some big results after 4 weeks. My first impressions: It gives some length and a little volume. If I use 3 coats it will clump and flake, but with just 2 coats it looks pretty and feathery in a light, natural way.

Update May 1/16: This gives remarkable length and I would rate it 5 stars if it did not tend to flake off the lower lashes. It did flake quite a lot but it might just be because it's old and hasn't been made in at least a year. I must use 3 coats to get the full lushness, so I had to remove a couple of flakes that fell under the eyes, but it sure did give me beautiful lashes. It swept on easily and with three coats, the length is just stunning, unlike anything else I have. I will definitely be wearing this as long as it lasts. I am sure it is discontinued so I know I will not be getting it again.

Update May 25/16: Already drying out and clumping. I will not miss this when it's used up. It is flaking more and more and not performing as well as it did when it was new.

Very good mascara. However, like others have said previously, it is more on the natural side so you have to apply 3 coats to make it look more dramatic. It is a defining and lengthening mascara but does lack on the volume (which is ok, considering it was not made to be colonizing). Regarding the moisturizing/treatment aspect, I have not noticed anything in particular. In Canada, this mascara sells for about $32, which is very expensive. I would repurchase but I will not, because I am always looking for "the best mascara ever".

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My brother, who NEVER comments on my makeup and hates makeup in general, was in awe of my eyelashes. He kept saying that there was no way they were my real lashes. This was a month after starting to use to the product (it hasn't increased length significantly, but has made them much healthier and I don't have the random stubby, snapped off lashes anymore). My lashes look fantastic with this stuff on. I don't even need a primer! Not clumpy at all. Simply fantastic and I've always been a DS mascara girl.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

These days, I love the natural, effortless look! I am asian with wimpy puny lashes, and I used to have lash extensions which made my eyes WOW for 2 years but eventually I feel like they are ultimately plastics with glue. I was also using fake lashes on a daily basis for years and realized, they're not really mine, I'd rather show the world my lashes (Even though they are puny)

The problem with Asian people (in general, and OPINION only! Don`t message me to say I am making mean remarks please!) is that they generally have small eyelashes compared to Westerners. When they try to put on mascara it usually ends up looking very spidery or clumpy, even though they still look bigger and more visible. When I walk on the streets most Asian girls I see have eyelashes that look globby and thick and doesn`t look soft to the touch. But of course that is my opinion only. Or that their eyelashes become huge compared to their eye size, Mascara is meant to bring out your natural beauty of eyes that everyone has, not draw attention to the lashes. (Opinion again)

So I used to use volumizing eyelashes but most of them are so clumpy and heavy. I like drug store mascaras, but today I went in to a department store to try the Lancome Definicils Precious cells after seeing how great it looked on HSN- i really liked how the women looked enhanced, not made up which I like.

It was love at first sweep! The small brushes allow every lash to be reached, and trust me I have small lashes. It built volume and length at a moderate level (but not so much it looked so make-up like) but again I like the effortless look more. And when I was done, I went home and touched my lashes and I was SHOCKED at how they felt like eyelashes, not like mascara! Every single mascara I have tried I have tried feel hard on my lashes. This may become my HG!

I love love love this mascara. I just love how realistic my lashes look!

I usually love Lancome but, this mascara is really messy, clumps and it flakes off. it does not hold a curl what so ever. it does lengthen but I will be returning this product

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this mascara for so long and I love it! I'm the kind of person who has the short and thin lashes, that can never hold a curl. Well sweet mother of Jesus, this mascara has everything. The formula was light weight throughout the day, it held the curl of my lashes (You should've seen my face when I discovered that the curl was still strong after 12 hours!), and it made my lashes long and lush! It flaked just a bit, but it wasn't a probem because I could easily dab it off with my finger. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but I think it's really worth splurging on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got this in a sample size apart of a gift with purchase 3 years ago and I didn't care for it at first but after a week the consistency changed and I loved using it for everyday. It mainly lengthens your lashes and makes them very black. Also it gives fairly decent hold to your lashes which is the number one thing I look for in a mascara.

It has a rose fragrance to it that didn't affect my eyes as I have very teary sensitive eyes, but if your easily offended by strong smells (especially the smell of mascara) be careful as it is very potent and is the strongest I have ever smelt.

This formula is supposed to have moisture/growth/protection benefits, but I can't say I really saw any results as I didn't look out for it because I only found that out recently.

I really enjoyed using this mascara as it was easy to remove at the end of the day because it isn't waterproof, but I never had an issue with it smudging on me. I feel like it is water-resistant.

Interested to try Lancome's other mascaras someday they're just so expensive, but loved it while I had it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Lancome make some very good products, however this mascara was a let down. It does not apply smoothly, it flakes and the tube dries out quickly (I do not pump the wand). Lastly, I find the added fragrance extremely annoying, I am not allergic to it, but I think it is obnoxious and unnecessary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

FLAKES and clumps like crazy once dry. Can only apply 1 coat because it dries so fast. Irritated my eyes and smelled horrible. L'Oreal mascaras work better for a fraction of the cost.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I loved this mascara. It does not clump and adds beautiful length. It really defined every lash elegantly. Although, I cannot say it regenerated the condition of my lashes. I found they fell out a little more easily. But that's probably just me, the same thing happens when I apply nail strengthener, my nails chip and go brittle the next day. That being said I originally have very strong nails. Same goes for this mascara. Bottom line: I loved the elegance but the price was a little too much to be buying again.