Sephora Collection Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

Sephora Collection Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

4.3

on 2/23/2013 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

... I refer to this as my pot of gold X'D (in a literal sense as well as metaphorically)

Absolutely adore this as its so pretty with big gold glitters and smaller gold sparkles. Really like the different size of glitter in this.

I find that I like to use this top coat best with dark rich colours like emeralds or reds. It still looks nice and sweet with lighter colours, but it truly shines with more intense colours.

My only complaint is that it's hard to get the bigger glitter chunks out, usually have to specifically fish them out. Also if you're looking for something with dense glitter this won't give you that result. However I like the fact that it isn't overly dense as it's more for complimenting the base colour (hence it's a top coat).
Another thing I did end up having to be careful while fishing out for gold glitter is that you may end up with globs of clear nail polish .... which can result in messes ;;;
Other than that I totally recommend this!

on 3/31/2012 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

LOVE THIS!!! (also love the copper and silver) I am seriously do-it-yourself challenged. But when I'm overdue for a pedi I put this on over my natural nails and it looks totally awesome. Not at all juvenile-looking like "glitter" sounds. The mistakes are not noticeable and it lasts for like a month. I get LOTS of compliments from men. I've also used it on top of a salon job when using an intense color and the look is amazing.The only problem is that you have to use a lot to get the glitter flecks evenly distributed on the nails (thus 4 lippies instead of 5) but i will def keep this as a staple in my nail-color wardrobe.

on 2/28/2012 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

love the gold sparkly glitter.. but u will need 3-4 coats if u wand these glitters to be all over your nail !! which is frustrated!! :( if u go with one coat it's goinig to be sparkly but not the way u would've wish for when u see it in the bottle! if I don't fine the same color with better quality I will continua to buy buy this top caot.

I really love this nail polish. I don't like glitter as a general rule, however, I tried some of this on in the store and the next day I had to go back and get it! LOVE it. I wear it over a nude color nail polish.

I use this on my tips for a gold effect for other polishes. It is very pretty, though I wish it distributed the circles more. Sometimes I have to re-dip the brush to pick up more. Aside from that, it's quite nice.

on 11/16/2010 12:40:00 PM

I love this top coat! I put on 2-3 layers for an extremely blingy effect over neutral colors! I would repurchase it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Ohhh goodness. I am ashamed to admit it, but I really love this stuff. I am by no means a glitter person. In fact, when I shop at Sephora for anything I'm always sure to tell the saleslady that I do not want any sort of glitter. Yuck. It's tacky right?
But this isn't tacky. Not at all. I layered it over an iridescent black and my nails look like a nightclub, in the best possible way! My nails look exciting, which is a nice change from my usual neutral colors.
As a top coat, it's also ridiculously wonderful. I have a lot of trouble keeping polish on my nails, due to the fact that that I play several instruments and, with 3 roommates, I spend a lot of time doing dishes (no gloves! the horror!). Literally, I have never experienced not having my polish chip after 24 hours, and I've tried a variety of brands. After 3 days, this polish looks as fresh as the day I applied it without a sign of chipping.
I just recently started wearing polish again in an effort to protect my nails as I attempt to grow them for my sister's wedding in six weeks. I've got to say, with this stuff, my nails really feel like they're wearing a shield.

on 10/21/2010 11:51:00 AM

I bought the Sparkle Me Silver OPI topcoat at Sephora. It was pretty but the glitter was long and sticking out all over the place. So brought back and exchanged it for this which I love. Truthfully, I've only used it as a pedicure. When I went to the beach in September, I put the Only Gold for Me topcoat over a sheer sparkly polish and I could NOT stop staring at my toes the entire vacation. GORGEOUS! And classy; not too much at all. The pedi lasted almost a month, and then it was very easy to just peel off. I'm excited to wear on my fingernails for the holidays!

Popular Polishes