Sephora Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Sephora  Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE LOVE LOVE this polish! I wear it alone, brushing on 2 coats then filling in bare spots for a super shiny, glittery look. It's like a disco ball for your fingers. So festive and fun, perfect for the holidays. Many people have complimented me on it. I find that it stays on for about 3-4 days with no top or base coat, then peels off easily (yes, I know I shouldn't peel it off, but I do!). Great fun polish.

on 10/10/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is so great and awful at the same time. I'm addicted to it. It looks kind of ugly in the bottle but once it's applied, a minimal amount of fine and larger pieces of glitter coat your nail and makes it look like classy confetti, if confetti can be described as classy. It's just gorgeous, and I am generally not a glitter top coat person. I don't think it's that gold either, despite the name and how it appears in the bottle. Once on, it's more of a gold-silver hybrid, making it wearable for any skin tone and over any polish. Sunlight bounces off of it in the most stunning way - it must be seen! Swatch it next time you're at Sephora.

My favourite look is this over top of OPI Bubble Bath or another light, subtle colour, though it looks great over top of everything (seriously.) It's a really great way to add some bling to a natural look without it being dramatic, tacky or too eye catching. It's not juvenile like some glitter can look - honestly, I would even wear this to a formal event over a light nail polish like I mentioned above. It's just so PRETTY.

Now...the awful part. Such a messy pain to get off. Comes with the glitter territory but it never stops being horrible. It rips up any cotton pad and you have to set aside some serious time for removal. Luckily, this stuff lasts a long time (and again, over top of a light colour, chips won't show as much!) so you can sport this for a lot longer than you would regular polish. And unlike other glitter polishes, in my opinion, this one truly is beautiful and versatile enough to keep going back to and suffering through the removal just for a chance to wear it again. So this is a 5 lipstick product, but anything glitter has to lose a point for me for the sanity-testing removal process.

Popular Polishes