Sephora Collection Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Sephora Collection Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

4.8

Love this colour! Well I guess it's not really a colour, more of a top coat as it is clear but filled with lots of big and small gold flecks. Either way, it looks great overtop of many other polishes. Just one coat is really nice and give your nails a really pretty sparkle, but when I was testing it out I loaded on like 4 coats of the stuff overtop of a light green/olive colour and it looked so cool. Kinda reminded me of a mermaid, it would be a great nail look for a party of special occasion. I'm really looking forward to trying this top coat out with more of my colours underneath! Unless I can find a cheaper version that is exactly the same since I hate spending more than 5 dollars on nail polish, I will buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE LOVE LOVE this polish! I wear it alone, brushing on 2 coats then filling in bare spots for a super shiny, glittery look. It's like a disco ball for your fingers. So festive and fun, perfect for the holidays. Many people have complimented me on it. I find that it stays on for about 3-4 days with no top or base coat, then peels off easily (yes, I know I shouldn't peel it off, but I do!). Great fun polish.

on 10/21/2010 10:36:00 AM

I do not use glitter polishes or top coats but I had to have this when I saw it on the Sephora SA who was wearing it over "I'm With Brad". There was something about the way light reflects off the tiny little mirrors and micro glitter in this. It doesn't come off as being childish. When you apply it, random bits come out and it looks fabulous. Don't let it scare you when you see it in the bottle....test it and you will see the effect. Looking at the bottle you would also think that it's too gold but it really isn't. You can wear it with silver jewelry. It's beautiful over darkish to dark polishes but I'm also going to try it over fuchsia for when I go to Hawaii just before X-Mas because I think it could work. The only thing I don't like about it is the price....$12.00 CDN is a bit steep.

on 10/10/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is so great and awful at the same time. I'm addicted to it. It looks kind of ugly in the bottle but once it's applied, a minimal amount of fine and larger pieces of glitter coat your nail and makes it look like classy confetti, if confetti can be described as classy. It's just gorgeous, and I am generally not a glitter top coat person. I don't think it's that gold either, despite the name and how it appears in the bottle. Once on, it's more of a gold-silver hybrid, making it wearable for any skin tone and over any polish. Sunlight bounces off of it in the most stunning way - it must be seen! Swatch it next time you're at Sephora.

My favourite look is this over top of OPI Bubble Bath or another light, subtle colour, though it looks great over top of everything (seriously.) It's a really great way to add some bling to a natural look without it being dramatic, tacky or too eye catching. It's not juvenile like some glitter can look - honestly, I would even wear this to a formal event over a light nail polish like I mentioned above. It's just so PRETTY.

Now...the awful part. Such a messy pain to get off. Comes with the glitter territory but it never stops being horrible. It rips up any cotton pad and you have to set aside some serious time for removal. Luckily, this stuff lasts a long time (and again, over top of a light colour, chips won't show as much!) so you can sport this for a lot longer than you would regular polish. And unlike other glitter polishes, in my opinion, this one truly is beautiful and versatile enough to keep going back to and suffering through the removal just for a chance to wear it again. So this is a 5 lipstick product, but anything glitter has to lose a point for me for the sanity-testing removal process.

Popular Polishes