Sephora Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

Sephora  Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

4.7

on 2/23/2013 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

... I refer to this as my pot of gold X'D (in a literal sense as well as metaphorically)

Absolutely adore this as its so pretty with big gold glitters and smaller gold sparkles. Really like the different size of glitter in this.

I find that I like to use this top coat best with dark rich colours like emeralds or reds. It still looks nice and sweet with lighter colours, but it truly shines with more intense colours.

My only complaint is that it's hard to get the bigger glitter chunks out, usually have to specifically fish them out. Also if you're looking for something with dense glitter this won't give you that result. However I like the fact that it isn't overly dense as it's more for complimenting the base colour (hence it's a top coat).
Another thing I did end up having to be careful while fishing out for gold glitter is that you may end up with globs of clear nail polish .... which can result in messes ;;;
Other than that I totally recommend this!

on 7/16/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This polish has resurrected some of my least-used shades. It's packed with micro and hex glitter. On the first coat, you'll probably get 4-6 hexagonal pieces on the nail and light smattering of micro. Usually, I stop there. This look AMAZING over black (like a starry sky), but I also use it over turquoise for a robin's egg look. Removal for any hex glitter is a pain, so use the foil method for less scrubbing and scratching. Usually, I avoid Sephora polishes like the plague, but this one is utterly beautiful, and worth the $10.

Love this colour! Well I guess it's not really a colour, more of a top coat as it is clear but filled with lots of big and small gold flecks. Either way, it looks great overtop of many other polishes. Just one coat is really nice and give your nails a really pretty sparkle, but when I was testing it out I loaded on like 4 coats of the stuff overtop of a light green/olive colour and it looked so cool. Kinda reminded me of a mermaid, it would be a great nail look for a party of special occasion. I'm really looking forward to trying this top coat out with more of my colours underneath! Unless I can find a cheaper version that is exactly the same since I hate spending more than 5 dollars on nail polish, I will buy this again.

on 6/26/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only wish Sephora by OPI products had wider brushes... but I love the array of shapes that the glitter comes in. I hope it doesn't dry out fast...!

on 11/16/2010 12:40:00 PM

I love this top coat! I put on 2-3 layers for an extremely blingy effect over neutral colors! I would repurchase it!

on 10/21/2010 11:51:00 AM

I bought the Sparkle Me Silver OPI topcoat at Sephora. It was pretty but the glitter was long and sticking out all over the place. So brought back and exchanged it for this which I love. Truthfully, I've only used it as a pedicure. When I went to the beach in September, I put the Only Gold for Me topcoat over a sheer sparkly polish and I could NOT stop staring at my toes the entire vacation. GORGEOUS! And classy; not too much at all. The pedi lasted almost a month, and then it was very easy to just peel off. I'm excited to wear on my fingernails for the holidays!

on 10/21/2010 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do not use glitter polishes or top coats but I had to have this when I saw it on the Sephora SA who was wearing it over "I'm With Brad". There was something about the way light reflects off the tiny little mirrors and micro glitter in this. It doesn't come off as being childish. When you apply it, random bits come out and it looks fabulous. Don't let it scare you when you see it in the bottle....test it and you will see the effect. Looking at the bottle you would also think that it's too gold but it really isn't. You can wear it with silver jewelry. It's beautiful over darkish to dark polishes but I'm also going to try it over fuchsia for when I go to Hawaii just before X-Mas because I think it could work. The only thing I don't like about it is the price....$12.00 CDN is a bit steep.

Popular Polishes