Sephora Collection Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

Sephora Collection Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

4.5

on 6/11/2010 11:27:00 PM

This was my guilty pleasure buy from Sephora. I typically have to talk myself out of buying this kind of glittery polish because I feel like I'm too old for it and can't really wear it to work. However, after testing out I HAD to have it. This polish is a clear top coat packed with both small and large pieces of gold glitter. It looks great on its own or on top of another polish, and it's easy to get the amount of glitter you want with each stroke. The seller for me was that the large glitter pieces look like little jewels. They had another bottle with silver confetti glitter that applied great as well.

on 10/10/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is so great and awful at the same time. I'm addicted to it. It looks kind of ugly in the bottle but once it's applied, a minimal amount of fine and larger pieces of glitter coat your nail and makes it look like classy confetti, if confetti can be described as classy. It's just gorgeous, and I am generally not a glitter top coat person. I don't think it's that gold either, despite the name and how it appears in the bottle. Once on, it's more of a gold-silver hybrid, making it wearable for any skin tone and over any polish. Sunlight bounces off of it in the most stunning way - it must be seen! Swatch it next time you're at Sephora.

My favourite look is this over top of OPI Bubble Bath or another light, subtle colour, though it looks great over top of everything (seriously.) It's a really great way to add some bling to a natural look without it being dramatic, tacky or too eye catching. It's not juvenile like some glitter can look - honestly, I would even wear this to a formal event over a light nail polish like I mentioned above. It's just so PRETTY.

Now...the awful part. Such a messy pain to get off. Comes with the glitter territory but it never stops being horrible. It rips up any cotton pad and you have to set aside some serious time for removal. Luckily, this stuff lasts a long time (and again, over top of a light colour, chips won't show as much!) so you can sport this for a lot longer than you would regular polish. And unlike other glitter polishes, in my opinion, this one truly is beautiful and versatile enough to keep going back to and suffering through the removal just for a chance to wear it again. So this is a 5 lipstick product, but anything glitter has to lose a point for me for the sanity-testing removal process.

on 3/31/2012 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

LOVE THIS!!! (also love the copper and silver) I am seriously do-it-yourself challenged. But when I'm overdue for a pedi I put this on over my natural nails and it looks totally awesome. Not at all juvenile-looking like "glitter" sounds. The mistakes are not noticeable and it lasts for like a month. I get LOTS of compliments from men. I've also used it on top of a salon job when using an intense color and the look is amazing.The only problem is that you have to use a lot to get the glitter flecks evenly distributed on the nails (thus 4 lippies instead of 5) but i will def keep this as a staple in my nail-color wardrobe.

on 2/23/2013 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

... I refer to this as my pot of gold X'D (in a literal sense as well as metaphorically)

Absolutely adore this as its so pretty with big gold glitters and smaller gold sparkles. Really like the different size of glitter in this.

I find that I like to use this top coat best with dark rich colours like emeralds or reds. It still looks nice and sweet with lighter colours, but it truly shines with more intense colours.

My only complaint is that it's hard to get the bigger glitter chunks out, usually have to specifically fish them out. Also if you're looking for something with dense glitter this won't give you that result. However I like the fact that it isn't overly dense as it's more for complimenting the base colour (hence it's a top coat).
Another thing I did end up having to be careful while fishing out for gold glitter is that you may end up with globs of clear nail polish .... which can result in messes ;;;
Other than that I totally recommend this!

on 7/16/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This polish has resurrected some of my least-used shades. It's packed with micro and hex glitter. On the first coat, you'll probably get 4-6 hexagonal pieces on the nail and light smattering of micro. Usually, I stop there. This look AMAZING over black (like a starry sky), but I also use it over turquoise for a robin's egg look. Removal for any hex glitter is a pain, so use the foil method for less scrubbing and scratching. Usually, I avoid Sephora polishes like the plague, but this one is utterly beautiful, and worth the $10.

on 2/28/2012 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

love the gold sparkly glitter.. but u will need 3-4 coats if u wand these glitters to be all over your nail !! which is frustrated!! :( if u go with one coat it's goinig to be sparkly but not the way u would've wish for when u see it in the bottle! if I don't fine the same color with better quality I will continua to buy buy this top caot.

Love this colour! Well I guess it's not really a colour, more of a top coat as it is clear but filled with lots of big and small gold flecks. Either way, it looks great overtop of many other polishes. Just one coat is really nice and give your nails a really pretty sparkle, but when I was testing it out I loaded on like 4 coats of the stuff overtop of a light green/olive colour and it looked so cool. Kinda reminded me of a mermaid, it would be a great nail look for a party of special occasion. I'm really looking forward to trying this top coat out with more of my colours underneath! Unless I can find a cheaper version that is exactly the same since I hate spending more than 5 dollars on nail polish, I will buy this again.

I freaking love this! I have put it over a gold polish which made the gold pop and look super cool. I got so many compliments. I also put it over a military green color and it look amazing aswell. I am obessed with using this gold glitter polish. It has mirco gold glitter and larger flakes. You can layer it to have a small amount or a large amount.

on 6/26/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only wish Sephora by OPI products had wider brushes... but I love the array of shapes that the glitter comes in. I hope it doesn't dry out fast...!

I really love this nail polish. I don't like glitter as a general rule, however, I tried some of this on in the store and the next day I had to go back and get it! LOVE it. I wear it over a nude color nail polish.

Popular Polishes