Wet 'n' Wild Cora-line 909D

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Sadly, I've discovered that the MegaLast formula gives me deep, painful, huge lip cystic acne. It clogs my lip pores somehow or I'm allergic to an ingredient. This is rare, I'm sure, so I'm only docking one lippy. I still recommend you try the formula, but buy one shade and test it WELL for reactions. I bought nearly the whole collection before I made the connection.

Clearly I won't be rebuying. :(

Original Review:

I thought Purty Persimmon was good, but that was before I wore Coraline. This is a mighty fine coral-red where PP is a red-orange.

Saturated, bright, and rich, this shade is pigmented, thick and creamy like the rest of the MegaLast lipsticks. I LOVE this line.

I can't imagine a skin tone this wouldn't look good on. I'm fair yellow/olive and this is gorgeous, but I can picture it being beautiful on many other ladies as well.

There is a microscopic amount of lip crease settling, buts it's incredibly negligible. You have to get right in the mirror to see it.

So happy with this one, I had to order it online from the US since my Walmart doesn't stock this shade here in Canada. Worth it.

on 4/13/2015 11:49:00 PM

This is such a good summer color. I love it

on 12/15/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wasn't a fan of coral lipstick until I tried this one.

The balance of coral and red hue in this lipstick doesn't bring out the yellowish undertone of my skin, but instead it looks cute.

Semi-matte, doesn't dry lips.

Packaging not so great, but can't complain given its price (1.98 at Meijer)

Cons: Not long-lasting, and hard to take off. (Yes these two feature co-exist.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I saw the Korean drama Pretty Man, and the main female character Kim Bo Tong had super bright orange hued tint that looked ADORABLE on her face. I was searching for something similar and found this lippie for just $1.50.
It is such a BRIGHT coraly reddish color that looks so beautiful with my complexion. It is a semi matte lipstick and I apply it with a lip brush just so that it doesn't look too overpowering against the rest of my makeup. Even after this lipstick fades it stains the lips so beautifully that I can't get over it. My lips look fun, bright and youthful with this.
It is definitely a Spring/Summer shade.

What I love about wet n wild is that they have very simple packaging & put more money into the actual product, unlike some other cheap mu brands. Cora-line is a nice orangey red which I find more flattering than true reds & also a great summer shade. I wear this with a lip pencil & only need touch ups when eating or drinking, fantastic lipstick! I have a back up of this colour & will definitely be purchasing more colours. Thank you wet n wild for another great product =)

Bought this today and this color looks exactly like cooked carrots not a favorite but ill wear it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Despite the cruddy packaging that has a tendency to fall apart the product itself is a favorite formula when it comes to lipsticks. I have 7 shades of these megalasts. I love that they truly are long wearing, no scent, no taste and dirt cheap. So because they are cheap ($1.50 to $3 depending on sales) I don't mind the terrible packaging. Coraline is a beautiful, flattering and face brightening matte coral red which doesnt feel as drying as matte lipsticks tend to feel. I wear it with a light eye such as WnW Nutty over the lid, Brulee filling in the rest of the eye, black eyeliner & falsies mascara. Gorgeous look on me (NC25) for daytime. I cant say enough good things about this lipstick. I started to get into Maybelline & CG lipsticks which are just ok but these are the best for me because of the no scent no taste. The other 2 brands mentioned are teeming with chemically scents and tastes which I pretty much can't stand.

on 7/4/2012 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Cheap, stays on for hours, doesn't dry the lips

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm glad to see that other reviewers agree that this is one awesome lippie! On my skin (mac C8), this is a red with pink undertones. Very vivid and definitely not for the faint-hearted. This will get you lots of looks when worn out during the day. It is also a semi matte formula which is great and can be used under gloss when you want to add some sass to your look.
Edit: I find the texture a bit waxy and off-putting. Makes application a bit patchy, so i'm bumping this down to 3 lippies.
Final edit: I can't believe i ever loved this. Very horrible texture. the color is also a bit too loud for me. Have only used this a couple of times. There really is no place for a loud lipstick like this in my life, right now.

on 9/23/2011 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Always wanted to find a great Orangy-Red like that in J. Crew. Nars Heat Wave is too expensive as well as the Poppy King shade that J. Crew put out. Was so pleasantly surprised to see that this color nearly mirrors the shade exactly, and for $3 I will definitely try it again! The matte is really moisturizing too and it stays put really well!