REVLON Line & Shine

3.8

on 7/2/2009 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Discontinued..I'd buy again if I could. I use the liner end for filling in my lips then the gloss end to put on top of the liner. I have this in Coffee Shine. A beautiful mocha red. heavy pigmentation. Shine. his review: 7 1/2 outta 10

on 8/24/2008 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This review is for Line & Shine in `Blush Shine'.

This is the liner I keep coming back to after 10 years.

I only wear nude- to nude-pink liners in a bid to volumise my thin lips (that's another story), and I've tried dozens of brands and shades over the years- I remember finally getting my hands on MAC's Spice and being totally disappointed with its too-dark, orange tone (I am NW15-20) and non-existent staying power. These are pretty common problems with many Nude liners, I have found.

Revlon's Line and Shine product in Blush Shine is one of the first lipliners I ever bought as a teenager and so although I ADORED it from the start (the gloss is only so-so, I take the pencil out and use it on its own) I figured there had to be many better, read more expensive, products out there, just waiting for me and my adult budget to discover. There aren't!! Frankly, everyone goes on about `creaminess' as a great quality for a lipliner to have, but I don't get it- creamy products come right off. I agree that this pencil is hard and fairly dry, but these are the reasons why the pencil works so well- once I've `drawn' it on, blotted, and drawn on again, it's there to stay all day, seriously. The colour seems to become a part of the skin, it looks incredibly fresh and natural in my favourite Blush shade, and you can put lipstick or gloss over the top and reapply throughout the day- but you won't need to reapply the liner. At the end of the day, you even need a tissue to wipe it off.

Some people might think that's too tough on skin, but in my opinion it's a fantastic, so-pretty, effective product that stays on and does its job like no other. On my trip to New York a few years ago (I am from Australia) one of my first stops was Cosmetics and More where I bought ten of these- it's fair to say I have found my HG lipliner and I NEVER want to run out!

on 5/26/2006 11:39:00 AM

I have these in violet shine, blush shine and nude shine. All look great on my fair olive skin. I took one lippie off because the pencil does not go on very smoothly. Overall a good product.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the whole idea how theres a lip pencil and gloss all on the same wand...i got the color "bare shine"...the liner was very pretty...a nice, nude brown and though the gloss color looks white, it actually goes on clear with tiny shimmers....like mac's snowgirl....but i usually put foundation underneath so it changes the lip color to a nudey beige with white silver shimmers...too bad theres not much gloss...only .07 oz

on 7/12/2004 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I Love this product! I have 2 colors: "Stone Shine" and "Mocha Shine" - My fave is Mocha Shine. I have almost used up the entire product!

on 6/24/2004 11:49:00 PM

I bought two of Revlon's Line & Shine lip glosses/pencils at the Dollar Store, which is a real find, considering that I usually find it at my local Walgreen's for $10. It is a thick, odorless and tasteless gloss at one end and a really nice lip pencil at the other end.

Buff Shine is a brown nude gloss with a matching pencil at the other end. It gave my lips a nice nude color. It was warm enough to not wash me out like most nudes do. Flesh Shine was a YLBB rose-nude. Its pencil reminds me a lot of MAC's Spice. Plus, these glosses last through my 8 hour workshifts.

on 4/30/2004 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love Line & Shine. This product totally saved me when I was waitressing. It wears nicely, has a good range of colors, and applies easily. I didn't notice any weird smell, maybe because I was in and out of the kitchen all night! I just stuck this into my apron pocket at the beginning of my shift and I was good to go, it kept me looking polished and is so convenient and quick to apply, it's almost foolproof. Can't rave enough. Not luxurious, definitely a "workhorse" product, but worth its weight in gold (and definitely for the price) for those of us on the go. If they ever discontinue it I will buy out every Rite Aid and CVS in the tri-state area! A+

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Nude Shine which looks unbelievable if you have a tan but also looks great wihtout. The lip gloss does smell bad but I don't mind as much because the color looks great and natural. The pencil is a little weird because its very dry and doesn't go on smoothly so always before using it I like to sharpen it because I guess the layers underneath are more moist therefor making it a bit easier to glide on.

I purchased this product in the color "Blush Shine", which is a nice peachy pink neutral.Retail value was around $7-9.Cons: 1. The pencil liner is very hard & doesn't want to line 2. The gloss has a tendancy to stick to your teeth & glop around the inner lip.Pros: 1. Great to save space in your purse & easy travel. 2. The color is so great, you can wear with anything & this color is one of those timeless ones. 3. Price, not cheap, but affordable & it does last fairly well.Would purchase again on sale or swap for it. continued >>

The lip gloss smells really really bad. The pencil is too hard. Nice concept with the liner and gloss in one container, but too bad the product is awful.