4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

This is probably my favourite tanner. I don't tan very often - mostly on special occasions/sometimes in the summer. I'm NC20 and have found that a lot of tanners just look very false and slightly orange on my skin tone. The St Tropez Mousse looks realistic and more of an olive shade rather than orange. It has a slight green tint to it which looks a lot more realistic on my skin tone. The only thing I will say is that I have to blend quite quickly to avoid any streaks. I use the tanning mitt and use small circular motions. When I wash off the following morning, it looks even and gives me a good colour without it looking too dark.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

9 months ago

This is a great self tanning for my light olive skin tone. I apply with a mitt after showering when skin is totally dry. The application is easy and there is immediate color so you can see missed areas right away & correct. It dries quickly so I apply in small sections, blend, then move to next area. The color is perfect- not orange, natural but noticeable after one application, very tanned with a second coat. Cons: the usual unpleasant scent that all self tanners have (not quite as bad as some others but still there) Price- this is pricier than some other brands... there is a similarly named product on amazon that is identical in my opinion but less $, it’s a good inexpensive alternative.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

9 months ago

Holy grail self tanner! The color is natural, there is no self tanner smell, it dries almost instantly so you don't have to stand around waiting in the buff and thanks to the color guide, there is absolutely no streaking. It lasts almost a week and then fades naturally. I do recommend exfoliating and moisturizing prior to using this since this is a mousse. I usually do this at night and then apply my self tanner in the morning. I apply with Famous Dave's Self Tanning Mitt and then blend with a Real Techniques sculpting brush for my hands and feet. Vacation in a bottle. I removed one star for the price because it's expensive!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

I'm someone with fair skin that takes some effort to tan. I felt like the amount of work it took for me to get a natural tan was causing so much damage in the process so I decided to start faking it. I went ahead and bought the big bottle, since it was double the product for only $12 more. At $54 CAN, the mousse is a little pricey but I figure a single salon spray tan costs $25-50 and with this product, you can get multiple applications for around the price of one spray tan. The packaging looks clean and sleek. The pump is nice because you can choose how much or little product to dispense. Application was easy, even for someone like me who didn't have a lot of experience. The color guard in this product allows you to see exactly where you have applied and notice any steaks that might need more blending. Even if you're in a hurry, or haven't exfoliated as much as you should have, I have found this tan to be very forgiving. It dries quickly and doesn't look unnatural so you can wear it out for the day while it develops. There's only been a few occasions where I've noticed streaks and those were my own doing and not a result of the product itself. Even then, they were very minor. It hasn't caused any issues with my sensitive skin either, which is a bonus. I've found the product can be stretched to about a week before needing to be reapplied and it fades very evenly and naturally. I also haven't noticed any gross self-tanner smell with this product, like I have with Jergens and Hawaiian Tropic. I actually find the smell to be pleasant and I kid you not, someone once complimented the smell of this product when I wore it out. This product looks like a natural, golden tan. Since using this, I've had colleagues, relatives and friends compliment my tan. They were shocked when they found out it came from a bottle. I really don't have a complaint about this product. It gives you a warm, golden tan that looks 100% natural. It lasts a decent amount of time and it's hard to mess up. I have bought this product twice now and when my current bottle runs out, I'm sure I'll buy another (a bottle lasts me about 2 months with 1-2 applications a week). In my opinion, this product is worth the hype and the money.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I'm liking this for quite a few reasons. It's easy to apply - much easier than the lotion and dries pretty quickly (less than 2 minutes on my skin). Not pricey, maybe a bit more than other tanning lotions and products but it's definitely worth paying that small amount extra as when comparing it to other brands; this product has the least streaking and most natural looking color, not orange, just a nice golden hue. Bonus: there is no funny smell left on your skin once you have washed it off. I find one full bottle lasts me for approximately 6 full body applications which makes it more than worth it for me. It is very much on the 'chemical' side which is the only reason I haven't given it a full 5 lippies, but if you're not overly concerned about that kind of thing then definitely give this a try. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I am pale and not able to get a nice color on my own. This gives me a natural looking tan without that greasy feeling that lotions often give. I apply it before going to sleep since you are not supposed to get wet while it's working. The color transfers to a bedding a bit but is easy to wash off. A bit pricey though, but it lasts for a while.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This is my HG Self-Tan. I am NC20 and find this gives a natural looking tan. This wears off beautifully with no patches and doesn't dry my skin out. I was recommended this product by several people but thought I would find it difficult to work with as it is a mousse. It's basically fool-proof but I do have to work quite quickly with it. I apply this using the St Tropez tanning mitt in circular motions. Once I have rinsed it off in the morning, I am left with an even looking and natural tan. I highly recommend this product

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Easy application, dries quickly and actually smells good. It also produces a very nice “natural looking” shade of bronze and is a really good self tanner.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Medium Brown

HairGrey

3.0

3 years ago

If you are naturally very pale, and want a deep realistic brownish (not orange, not yellow) looking tan, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. This doesn't have a red base like Loving tan which does. JUST imagine u got a white ish base, and u slather and build this on top, considering this has a greenish tint to it, when you apply too many layers over or when it starts fading, you are gonna look ORANGEY YELLOW. Like you ate lots of carrots. I'm Asian, fair pale whitish skin, way with dark hair. This, on pale fair skin, under natural lighting, you will just have your hands and feet or inner arms looking yellowish. However, application is very smooth, also good on sensitive skin, and fades nicely, provided u exfoliate. So I suggest, u get loving tan instead. If u want a deep dark colour that looks like you've been in the sun. This looks nice only when you already have quite a bit of colour or tan. Because I used to be very tan due to all the sports I used to do and being out in the sun for hours many days a week, my tan was very much different from what's in this bottle.(just go a maximum of two layers, the. Let it fade. Then start the two layers again. This gives u a nice more realistic looking tan) A third time will just make your tan look kinda fake. Usually I will just swim almost daily and get a tan, and use this to enhance. Price wise, it's worth the size.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I've used this self tanner for a couple of years now and i absolutely love it! it does get streaky if you apply it sloppy so just be careful! make sure to go in circular motions when applying with the tanning mitt!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure