Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM

Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM

3.9

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SQUALANE, RETINOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER (AQUA), PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, LECITHIN, BISABOLOL, ALCOHOL

on 5/26/2018 5:20:00 PM

I have been using this for about 2 months now. The first thing I will praise is that it didn't break me out or dry my skin out and I have extremely sensitive skin. It's in a darker bottle which protects it however you do have to take the lid off every time you use it. It is pricey for us average folk but it lasts forever as a little goes a long way. I have noticed my fine lines being less noticeable and I always wear sunscreen.

Initially I loved this. It prevented break outs, made my skin glow, and I looked very youthful each morning. No irritation either. It's very thin but spreads very easily. 1 ounce may seem like a small bottle but you only need a few drops. It looks like it will literally last forever. My friend and I bought this together. She brought to my attention that it was causing creases in our foreheads. We both returned.

Prior to this I was using Roc retinol night cream. When I started using Peter Thomas Roths product I noticed a big difference after the first two weeks, fine lines were going away, even my eye bags were shrinking, and an overall amazing texture and look in my skin.
Its so easy to apply with the applicator, the texture of the formula feels great, it soaks right into skin without leaving skin greasy.
For retinol A to be effective it has to be a high enough concentrated dose and this definately has a high enough dose, that's why they proudly display their retinol percentage while Roc retinol will not even tell theirs, even though users have a right to know, it could be a tiny dot that they put in for all we know.
I did take off a star because it's so high priced, I was given a bottle as a present and could never afford to continue using it, so I'm sure my results will diminish eventually aftet I quit using it. Its unfortunate that one of the only effective products out there are unaffordable, and not marketed for lower middle class, but you get what you pay for I guess.

on 11/28/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This did nothing for me. I used a whole bottle. Saw 0 results.

on 11/23/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a pass for me I love PTR products but after using 2 bottles of these and have not seen or feel any difference in my skin it's a pass for me.

on 11/23/2017 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I use a few drops every night and I would say it will last about 4 months. The texture feels silky, almost oily - but its not oily and it absorbs quickly.
Of all the serums I have tried - NIOD, Skinceuticals, Caudalie, Medik8, The Ordinary, Dennis Gross - this is my favourite. My skin responds well to it and I've not experienced any adverse side effects.

This is an excellent product in so many ways. I adore the texture. It's very light and easy to spread. Sinks in very quickly. Best of all, despite the high concentration of retinol, it's extremely gentle and doesn't dry out or irritate by delicate skin the way other products I've used do. I have some post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation that I'm trying to rid myself of and it's really been a great help.

on 10/28/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this for 2 full months and see no difference in my skin. I have oily skin, sun damage and large pores. I don't think you can compare any over the counter products to prescription retin a or tazorac which is what I have used the past. I won't be repurchasing this. I also have the bottle and the dropper.

Update: Still no improvement after 4 months.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product! I've been using this for about 2.5 months now and my skin is glowing (though I think that is in part also thanks to my Hylamide C25). I have not had any peeling or dryness from this retinol serum - I use it every other night alternating it with the Mad Hippie Vitamin A serum. When I finish with the Mad Hippie, I'd like to continue on with this serum, and start alternating this with the Peter Thomas Roth 3% retinol.

on 5/22/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

There are so many reviews on this that I won't go into the ingredient's and potency, etc. I have been through many retinol products over the past 20(gulp), years and I agree with many others this product hold up to quality for an OTC retinol product :)

I will say this is by far my favorite retinol product. It absorbs like water, is not oily or greasy and I see and feel huge skin benefits from it. I am at the end of my 3rd bottle and have been without it for a bit and just ordered another.....I truly think PTR does a great job in general of product effectiveness by order and strength and of his ingredients per product and what it is suppose to do. I have kind of found I love a few of his products but this is my favorite of all. The peel pads are really great also in con-juction with this,(retinol pm/peel pad am).

I don't have sensitive skin but I do have drier skin and this does not cause any dryness nor have I had any sensitivity issues.

I will note that each bottle has been a little different in color and the color can change a tad over time but I've never noticed any issue of ineffectiveness or skin irritation due to it. (in fact I believe it says color changes/variants are normal on the box/instructions or I think I read it somewhere regarding PTR?). Very, very important that you shake the bottle before each use and don't leave any product in the dropper.....make sure it all get's shaken up before you use the dropper to pull up product. :)
Which I like the dark blue glass bottle to help protect the retinol from light and the dropper to keep from contamination with skin etc.

This will not give you the same results as a prescription retinol but for OTC it's very, very good and fantastic for keeping your skin smooth and fine lines, dryness, diminishes sun spots. I have no negatives other than a tad pricey but it last's a long while and like I said for me it's the best results OTC retinol product I've tried....and their have been many,(including uber pricey brands that didn't even come close). Well, done PTR. :)