wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green
wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]
Wet N Wild - Knock On WoodColor Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]Wet n Wild Knock on WoodWet n Wild Knock on Wood Eyeshadow Trio

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

I look this palette it is sooo pretty! cranberry colored eye shadows are hard to find in the drugstore and the fact these are so pigmented are amazing. This trio makes my green eyes pop!

I was unsure about this pallette at first. I tried it without eyeliner just to see what it looked like, and was meh - then I put eyeliner just on the lids and the colors just seemed to pop!

I pretty much love all the WNW eyeshadows, my only complaint is the packaging. I've ruined many a manicure getting these suckers open, but what do you expect for just a few bucks, right?

Will definetely purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up the other day because the colors look so nice for fall. Then when I was looking at it tonight the bottom burgundy shade reminded me of high end shadows. I think it looks a lot like Burberry Mulberry or Chanel Magic Night. Probably not spot on dupes, but in the range. It also goes on a lot like a Burberry eyeshadow. Very soft and expensive looking. The only dud from this trio is that top pink shade. It doesn't show up at all, but the other two are worth the price. This is a really good palette to have this time of year. I'm glad I took another look at Wet n Wild recently. Yes, these are very cheap, but they're good. What you get with most high end products is nice packaging with a huge brand name, but the makeup will expire one day and probably not be used. What I like about these is they will get used and not sit in a drawer somewhere. Even if they do eventually, it's only $3.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the eyelid colour in this trio SO MUCH!! It's the perfect warm plum colour to complement my blue-green eyes, making them look lighter & more green. The pink highlight colour doesn't show up very well, but all the shades work well blended together. The brown shade is a good staple colour.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

As a green-eyed girl, I couldn't wait to try this out! And the verdict? This is probably one of the worst trios in terms of color combinations. On my olive skin, the lightest color is invisible and the plum color is absolutely not flattering. The brassy brown, on the other hand, is gorgeous. I wear this all over the lid for a smokey eye. But, really, one color out of three? That being said, the plum color, though not for me, is really pretty and good quality. I'll try and incorporate this in another combination. Worth a try and I imagine it would really suit DDD's and LLL's, but me, fail.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Really lovely colors. I've always found purple colors hard to wear, mainly because they make me look like I've been punched in the face. However, this trio has lovely eggplant and brown colors that are pigmented but still neutral. This looks very pretty with my green-hazel eyes. Walking on Eggshells is my daytime look, and Knock on Wood is my nighttime (although I'm pretty eyeshadow conservative, so take that into consideration).

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this trio. When I first started buying makeup, I had bought an Avon quad with these colors. Unfortunately, there was no color payoff, but this makes up for that times 100 :)

PROS
**Great pigmentation
**Warm, rich colors
**Smooth texture
**Cheap and good quality

CONS
**Can't think of any.

Absolutely love this trio of shadows as it's neutral (for me) but with a slight kick. The colours work beautifully together and really brighten my green eyes. Like other reviewers have mentioned the shadows are pigmented with a slight satiny shimmer and have a beautiful and blendable texture. The only "negative" things I have to say about this trio are the recommended brow bone colour is too dark for my fair complexion and all the shadows are shimmery. I do incorporate the brow bone colour by using it as a blending out/transition shade or applied on the lid. In terms of the shimmer I like to use at least one matte shade in my crease to help balance out all the shimmer and add further depth and dimension. My negative things are really just small issues that can easily be worked with to utilize the full potential of this really awesome palette.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Wow, these Wet 'n' Wild Trio's have me very impressed- I honeslty never thought these where as good as the raves on Youtube made them out to be. When it comes to eyeshadow, I'm a MAC girl all the way- and NYX sometimes- I like MAC shadow because I feel I'm getting much longer use out of them. Recently though, I thought I would try more drugstore items, and I have been floored by the quality of some items (from L'oreal, Hard Candy, NYX etc...) and this trio is no exception. All three colors are richly pigmented and soft. I personally would not wear the 'Browbone' color as a highlight, but its a gorgeous lid color. The other two colors are gorgeous either on the crease or lid. The dark shimmery brown is just divine! it goes with so many colors. I have three of the these Trio's (Walking on Eggshells & Don't Steal my Thunder & this) and I'm just so impressed :) I want to purchase more, and I cannot wait to discover more drugstore gems out there. I love all makeup, Drugstore or Department store- and I think these are great :)....The price is fab, the packaging is alright- but its nothing to fret about. Love this! <3

These are 3 gorg colors that almost anybody will be able to work with and use. Some other reviewers are correct, worn together the trio is way too dark. There's no way I could wear the "browbone" color all the way up to my browbone, to me it's more of a lid color, it's not the shimmery champagne needed for highlight. However, I never follow the instructions on the cosmetics pack, or at least I haven't yet. Just using these shadows as singles, to mix and match with what you already have, they're all winners. Very buttery, a little goes a long way, and stays on with a primer.