wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]
Wet N Wild - Knock On WoodColor Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]Wet n Wild Knock on WoodWet n Wild Knock on Wood Eyeshadow Trio

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my week of trying things languishing in the cabinet :-) I've had this trio for years, but never really use it. I like the brown crease shade, but not with the plum lid shade - just looks muddy. Today I tried it with a different lid shade (Cover Girl Mink) kind of a deep champagne color, and used the plum lid shade as a crease shade. Holy cow- it's gorgeous! Very subtle and more burgandy than purple. Just what I was looking for! Now I may have to buy a backup :-)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I seriously don't know why it took me so long to try WnW eyeshadows, probably because I was already in love with my higher end palettes and didn't even care to look twice at these. But this was the first trio I've ever tried from them and I'm hooked. I was initially drawn to this because I was bitter about not getting the Naked 3 palette yet I still loved the romantic eye shadow theme. I couldn't justify paying $52 for a palette that I would only use occasionally and I'm so glad I didn't because this really impressed me in terms of pigmentation and overall quality. Mind you, this was less than $2! It is actually on clearance for under a dollar at Rite Aid now.

I went crazy and bought Comfort Zone and Walking on Eggshells which I love using in conjunction with Knock on Wood. Since it's harder to create an eye look with this palette alone, I use the crease shade and eyelid shade from Walking on Eggshells. After that, I use the "eyelid" shade from Knock on Wood on the outer corners and the "crease" shade to deepen the outer V. This has been my go-to, foolproof look and it gives me the most gorgeous results every time. This is me jumping up and down on a table telling you to pick this up ASAP!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had this for a long time and keep trying it, but in the end I have to just admit that its not made for my coloring :( I will not knock the coloring (no pun intended) in the rating. I gave it 4 because I do not find it as richly pigmented as the others I have from their trios.

This is very much a warm palette. I am very cool and it ends up looking like a muddy mess on my lids and does nothing for me. Sucks because I LOVE the colors. They are very brown/red. I would not recommend this palette to cool-toned women because it just looks off.

LOVE this palette. The reddish color at the bottom is to DIE for. Beautiful for blue eyes like mine, but probably would look great on anyone. WNW has come a long way with their products and I find that these palettes are excellent for the price. Very pigmented and smooth. (comparable to Urban Decay's eyeshadow texture)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my first wet n' wild eyeshadow palette. (I already own nutty eyeshadow and mellow wine blush). All the colors are silky and pigmented. They're all shimmery with no fall out. Very inexpensive.

My favorite shade is the rose/berry color. Very flattering for brown eyes. Def would repurchase this palette and check out others! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up the other day because the colors look so nice for fall. Then when I was looking at it tonight the bottom burgundy shade reminded me of high end shadows. I think it looks a lot like Burberry Mulberry or Chanel Magic Night. Probably not spot on dupes, but in the range. It also goes on a lot like a Burberry eyeshadow. Very soft and expensive looking. The only dud from this trio is that top pink shade. It doesn't show up at all, but the other two are worth the price. This is a really good palette to have this time of year. I'm glad I took another look at Wet n Wild recently. Yes, these are very cheap, but they're good. What you get with most high end products is nice packaging with a huge brand name, but the makeup will expire one day and probably not be used. What I like about these is they will get used and not sit in a drawer somewhere. Even if they do eventually, it's only $3.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

At less than $5 for an eyeshadow, this is pretty good quality. I absolutely love the bottom rich pink color, but sometimes, I use the pale petal top color alone. I really recommend it if you are either just starting out with eyeshadow or are looking for cheap, but lovely colors.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love these colors!!! So warm and pretty :)

The browbone color, I would NEVER use on my browbone. It is just too dark. The pigmentation is lacking a little in contrast to the other 2 colors in the palette.

The crease color is a yummy dark chocolate brown. It is soft and buttery.

The eyelid color is also super buttery and pigmented. I love the cranberry color and it has enough purple in it to make my hazel green eyes pop without making my eyes look sickly like many red toned shadows can.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The shades in this trio look beautiful in the pan. However, after applying them to my lid, they just turned into purplish mud. The depth and shimmer of the lid color doesn't show up on the lid itself. This purple color comes off dull and makes me look dead. The browbone shade is too dusty mauve for that area on me and it just looks dirty. The brown crease shade is dark on me and a perfect crease color with not too much shimmer. The brown shade is pretty and highly pigmented. Using all the shades in this trio makes me look tired. I really don't like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Wow, my eyes are light green and this eye shadow trio make them look amazing! I usually use different shades of brown for my eye shadow but I wanted to try some other colors for a smokey eye so I bought this on a whim. I'm so glad I bought it! I wore it for 12 hours straight and it didn't smudge or crease on bit. It goes on beautifully and the colors are pretty pigmented. It goes on really easily too and the colors look great together. I definitely recommend this especially if you have green eyes like me. For 2.99 its definitely worth buying. You just cant beat WNW eye shadow and pretty much all of their other products. This looks great with their creme liner in black :)