wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]
Wet N Wild - Knock On WoodColor Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]Wet n Wild Knock on WoodWet n Wild Knock on Wood Eyeshadow Trio

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the perfect eye trio for fall! Wow. Pigment crazy though. These are some dark shades. They don't look it in the pan, but on my fair-med. skintone these are intense and gave me a smoky eye look. I used the peachy "browbone" shade on my lid and for a transition color from crease to brow, the mid toned rusted cranberry shade marked "lid" for a crease shade and the darkest semi sweet chocolately brown "crease" shade for a definer/liner shade. I really love this little trio. These shadows are buttery soft and pat on easily with no fall out and are very blendable. I don't ever use the applicators that come with these as it is much easier and better to use your own makeup brushes. (You don't need expensive brushes to get a beautiful eye look. I use ELF, Soho and Real Techniques are fabulous too for a drugstore brush) I can get a very dramatic look with this trio too as these shadows are buildable. All of these shadows have a little shimmer to them but they don't add sparkle when worn, they just add a little light. While this trio is a bit dark for me, it is still very wearable and with a super light hand you can get a look that is less intense and more everyday. Of course, if your coloration is darker than mine, this will be less intense. This is a wonderful trio to have as it can go easily from day to night and up the glam factor with a couple of swipes of color. I have a lot of Urban Decay, Estee Lauder, Lorac, and other department store shadows and this little drugstore set performs as well for less than $5. This actually outperforms some of them. I really love the formula on these Color Icon trios. Although I have had this for a couple of years, it is a core product and easily available. For less than $5 this is a true bargain. You get a great product that is easy to use and lasts all day without creasing, caking, or fading when used over eye primer. Yes, do pick this up if you haven't yet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had been searching for a good affordable cranberry eyeshadow for ages. I was so impressed by the quality of these shadows they remind me so much of the urban decay shadows but without the hefty price. The color labeled "eyelid" in this trio is the perfect cranberry shadow. I usually pair the cranberry shade with their single eyeshadow in "panther" (which reminds me of black out from urban decay) that combination gives you the perfect gothic cranberry smokey eye. It reminds me a lot of something Amy Lee would wear :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried a couple wet 'n wild pallettes and like them all. Some have shades in I don't care for so they take up unwanted space. Anyways this trio is one that I really like all three colors and they all do work together or with other colors. I own many shades of brown but this is a cooler toned brown that looks nice paired with the brow color in the crease. The brow color is a bit dark as a highlight color on my fair skin but is lovely on the eyelid or as a transition color. Great for that, a paler version of Mac Haux. The eyelid color is a pretty pomegranite color. Nice to bring out color of green eyes. My eyes are blue-green and they look more green with any sort of red color. The lid color is a dark cranberry shade. I find it's dark enough so it doesn't make my eyes look bloodshot. This trio is great with a dark brown eyeliner. You could use black with the cranberry color as well for a more dramatic eye. Right now I'm trying to stay more natural so I have been using the Brow color the most as an all over lid shade wwith a brown eyeliner. Very nice and unique trio. These shades are all hard to find in the drugstore brands.

I was putting this on this morning, half asleep, when I realized something awesome. THIS TRIO IS PRETTY DARN MATTE!!! Woot! I love sparkly shimmery shadows and I love the Wet n Wild trios but it's nice to have a matte to grab every once in awhile! LOVE!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS<3 I don't think you guys understand. I have SO many brown eyeshadows from urbandecay, estee lauder etc and the most reached for brown I use is the middle brown in this trio.

all three colors are SO pigmented and buttery but that brown right in the middle is AMAZING. gahh..and it's only $3.

I love using this on my outter V. it gives me such a sultry look without looking over the top for everyday wear.

I think this trio is the best out of the bunch. I know walking on eggshells gets a lot of love especially from youtube and whatnot but knock on wood is way better in my opinion. you can't go wrong with this trio, you're really missing out if you haven't gotten your hands on this guy :D

Love the pigmentation of the 3 colours.

Others have complained about the browbone colour too not be pigmented enough blah blah blah. I think most of the WNW palettes' browbrone colours are quite weak in pigmentation in comparison to the other two colours in the palette - this because it is a BROWBONE colour.. it's meant to be subtle not some crazy streak of colour.

Regardless, I find the pink browbone shade to be lovely. I don't use it for it's intended purpose. I don't use it as an eyeshadow. I am not sure how to make pink eyeshadows flattering on Asian eyes...

I USE IT AS A BLUSH!!!!!! On my NC20-NC25 it looks like a natural flush. I have to be quite heavy handed but the result is lovely. Does not look flat or chalky but rather a healthy sheen.

The other two colours are great in pigmentation. I've tried the brown by itself to create a smokey eye. Combining wet and dry gives it fab dimension.

Loveloveloveee.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the eyelid colour in this trio SO MUCH!! It's the perfect warm plum colour to complement my blue-green eyes, making them look lighter & more green. The pink highlight colour doesn't show up very well, but all the shades work well blended together. The brown shade is a good staple colour.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I generally try to stay away from drug store eye shadows unless there has been tons of hype surrounding them. I just don't find them long wearing or pigmented enough. But when I saw this palette I really loved the three colors included. I think I got it for $4 including tax.

It's pretty good for the price. It is very pigmented. I wore my UDPP underneath and it lasted all day. Although it is worthy to note that the shadows are very powdery. You can tell its not finely milled like the high end shadows. If you are willing to spend more money on drug store products that are a little more expensive then you can find stuff better than this.

Also I know that for $4 I can't expect great packaging. But the clear plastic case is really crappy.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

As a green-eyed girl, I couldn't wait to try this out! And the verdict? This is probably one of the worst trios in terms of color combinations. On my olive skin, the lightest color is invisible and the plum color is absolutely not flattering. The brassy brown, on the other hand, is gorgeous. I wear this all over the lid for a smokey eye. But, really, one color out of three? That being said, the plum color, though not for me, is really pretty and good quality. I'll try and incorporate this in another combination. Worth a try and I imagine it would really suit DDD's and LLL's, but me, fail.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

one of my favorite sayings ^_^ I adore the brown in this palette but find the rest of the colors hard to work with especially the eyelid color that is dark purplish...

Reasonably hard to work with because it can make you look like you just got beat up.... So still trying to work with it a bit whenever I have extra time to myself. Good palette. Its cute and fun. Even though right now I just use the brown on its own.(: