wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]
Wet N Wild - Knock On WoodColor Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]Wet n Wild Knock on WoodWet n Wild Knock on Wood Eyeshadow Trio

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the perfect eye trio for fall! Wow. Pigment crazy though. These are some dark shades. They don't look it in the pan, but on my fair-med. skintone these are intense and gave me a smoky eye look. I used the peachy "browbone" shade on my lid and for a transition color from crease to brow, the mid toned rusted cranberry shade marked "lid" for a crease shade and the darkest semi sweet chocolately brown "crease" shade for a definer/liner shade. I really love this little trio. These shadows are buttery soft and pat on easily with no fall out and are very blendable. I don't ever use the applicators that come with these as it is much easier and better to use your own makeup brushes. (You don't need expensive brushes to get a beautiful eye look. I use ELF, Soho and Real Techniques are fabulous too for a drugstore brush) I can get a very dramatic look with this trio too as these shadows are buildable. All of these shadows have a little shimmer to them but they don't add sparkle when worn, they just add a little light. While this trio is a bit dark for me, it is still very wearable and with a super light hand you can get a look that is less intense and more everyday. Of course, if your coloration is darker than mine, this will be less intense. This is a wonderful trio to have as it can go easily from day to night and up the glam factor with a couple of swipes of color. I have a lot of Urban Decay, Estee Lauder, Lorac, and other department store shadows and this little drugstore set performs as well for less than $5. This actually outperforms some of them. I really love the formula on these Color Icon trios. Although I have had this for a couple of years, it is a core product and easily available. For less than $5 this is a true bargain. You get a great product that is easy to use and lasts all day without creasing, caking, or fading when used over eye primer. Yes, do pick this up if you haven't yet.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I seriously don't know why it took me so long to try WnW eyeshadows, probably because I was already in love with my higher end palettes and didn't even care to look twice at these. But this was the first trio I've ever tried from them and I'm hooked. I was initially drawn to this because I was bitter about not getting the Naked 3 palette yet I still loved the romantic eye shadow theme. I couldn't justify paying $52 for a palette that I would only use occasionally and I'm so glad I didn't because this really impressed me in terms of pigmentation and overall quality. Mind you, this was less than $2! It is actually on clearance for under a dollar at Rite Aid now.

I went crazy and bought Comfort Zone and Walking on Eggshells which I love using in conjunction with Knock on Wood. Since it's harder to create an eye look with this palette alone, I use the crease shade and eyelid shade from Walking on Eggshells. After that, I use the "eyelid" shade from Knock on Wood on the outer corners and the "crease" shade to deepen the outer V. This has been my go-to, foolproof look and it gives me the most gorgeous results every time. This is me jumping up and down on a table telling you to pick this up ASAP!!

I look this palette it is sooo pretty! cranberry colored eye shadows are hard to find in the drugstore and the fact these are so pigmented are amazing. This trio makes my green eyes pop!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

As a green-eyed girl, I couldn't wait to try this out! And the verdict? This is probably one of the worst trios in terms of color combinations. On my olive skin, the lightest color is invisible and the plum color is absolutely not flattering. The brassy brown, on the other hand, is gorgeous. I wear this all over the lid for a smokey eye. But, really, one color out of three? That being said, the plum color, though not for me, is really pretty and good quality. I'll try and incorporate this in another combination. Worth a try and I imagine it would really suit DDD's and LLL's, but me, fail.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I have to admit that I'm more of a higher end makeup buyer, but decided to try this because I've heard rave reviews and you can't beat the price. The pigmentation on these shadows is very good, and for someone who is on a tight makeup budget, or for the school aged customer, these are perfectly respectable shadows. I will stick with the higher end brands that I know and love, though, and not repurchase, because there *is* a difference in quality.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Wow, these Wet 'n' Wild Trio's have me very impressed- I honeslty never thought these where as good as the raves on Youtube made them out to be. When it comes to eyeshadow, I'm a MAC girl all the way- and NYX sometimes- I like MAC shadow because I feel I'm getting much longer use out of them. Recently though, I thought I would try more drugstore items, and I have been floored by the quality of some items (from L'oreal, Hard Candy, NYX etc...) and this trio is no exception. All three colors are richly pigmented and soft. I personally would not wear the 'Browbone' color as a highlight, but its a gorgeous lid color. The other two colors are gorgeous either on the crease or lid. The dark shimmery brown is just divine! it goes with so many colors. I have three of the these Trio's (Walking on Eggshells & Don't Steal my Thunder & this) and I'm just so impressed :) I want to purchase more, and I cannot wait to discover more drugstore gems out there. I love all makeup, Drugstore or Department store- and I think these are great :)....The price is fab, the packaging is alright- but its nothing to fret about. Love this! <3

These are 3 gorg colors that almost anybody will be able to work with and use. Some other reviewers are correct, worn together the trio is way too dark. There's no way I could wear the "browbone" color all the way up to my browbone, to me it's more of a lid color, it's not the shimmery champagne needed for highlight. However, I never follow the instructions on the cosmetics pack, or at least I haven't yet. Just using these shadows as singles, to mix and match with what you already have, they're all winners. Very buttery, a little goes a long way, and stays on with a primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I never thought such an inexpensive product could be so nice, love the color, looks good with my green eyes, good pigmentation and blends well; over an eyeshadow base it lasts well too... I liked that this was sealed with a sticker, although the plastic lid looks cheap and I worry about it cracking like so many of my past d/s shadow lids have, despite that I would definitely buy this again

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

i love, LOVE these trios. These are the new reformulated & repackaged. I love this one the best. I am obsessed with the dark plum/maroon. All 3 shades are gorgeous. Pigmented, butter soft, blend so well & dont muddy up they stay true to themselves, not chalky at all and pressed well, hardly if not no fallout! So for around $1.99 im telling u, theyre awesome. I love the shades in this one for it makes my brown eyes look amazing. I find theyre almost just as great as their palettes. I love using the brown or dark plum/maroon as lid colors or as contour shades, and i often use the midtone pink peach shade as a blending shade for my crease. I can get alot of looks with these trios.Knock on Wood has a matte midtone peachy rose, a milk chocolate brown, & a dark plum maroon. I say theyre matte for in pan u see glitter but it doesnt go onto eye when applying. I use this one so much. I dont love the packaging but i dont hate it. Itr black on back with instructions/pic like maybelline quads & a hard clear plastic snap on flip open top. I like how i can see whats in it. Be careful not to rip the name sticker off. Other than that, im a huge fan of Wet n Wild coloricon collection. They amaze me. I hope they continue to release these AMAZINGLY great affordable cruelty free products. I will buy it all! I have all the trios and adore them all! and te new ones are hard to find right now. i wish these older ones esp this one got the hype the new ones ae getting bc theyre fantastic!!! i def will be wet n wilds biggest fan!!! i love these trios!! rem theyre extremely pigmented!! u need only the tiniest bit & they blend amazing!!!
I have seen it compared to different Mac shadows even the Spiced Chocolate Quad, i dont own Mac but im sure they are dupes for shadows but Id go as far as to bet these are better than Mac. I just know these are top notch eyeshadows. Im sure Nars maybe but im content with not paying $15 for one eyeshadow when i can pay a third of that and get 3. Knock on Wood is a great daytime trio and can def put the pizazz in a nite time look. i reach for this alot, esp now that its fall, whew these are beautiful. i just watched a tutorial on it and it made me pull it out today and use it, beautiful! all three shadows are so nice esp for a warm neutral look.