wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]

wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]
Wet N Wild - Knock On WoodColor Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]Wet n Wild Knock on WoodWet n Wild Knock on Wood Eyeshadow Trio

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The shades in this trio look beautiful in the pan. However, after applying them to my lid, they just turned into purplish mud. The depth and shimmer of the lid color doesn't show up on the lid itself. This purple color comes off dull and makes me look dead. The browbone shade is too dusty mauve for that area on me and it just looks dirty. The brown crease shade is dark on me and a perfect crease color with not too much shimmer. The brown shade is pretty and highly pigmented. Using all the shades in this trio makes me look tired. I really don't like it.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I have to admit that I'm more of a higher end makeup buyer, but decided to try this because I've heard rave reviews and you can't beat the price. The pigmentation on these shadows is very good, and for someone who is on a tight makeup budget, or for the school aged customer, these are perfectly respectable shadows. I will stick with the higher end brands that I know and love, though, and not repurchase, because there *is* a difference in quality.

The pale lilac "browbone" color is the keeper for me and has a fancy residence in my homemade zpalette. It is a lovely color and I can wear it on lid, outer v as a blend color or even as a brow bone color. I would buy the trio again just for this lilac color. I tossed the other two colors which were too glittery for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

As a green-eyed girl, I couldn't wait to try this out! And the verdict? This is probably one of the worst trios in terms of color combinations. On my olive skin, the lightest color is invisible and the plum color is absolutely not flattering. The brassy brown, on the other hand, is gorgeous. I wear this all over the lid for a smokey eye. But, really, one color out of three? That being said, the plum color, though not for me, is really pretty and good quality. I'll try and incorporate this in another combination. Worth a try and I imagine it would really suit DDD's and LLL's, but me, fail.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do like the colors in this trio. They are nicely pigmented and apply easily. However I find I don't like wearing them as they are designed to be worn. I do like pairing them with other shades. Because of that I probably reach for this trio less often than the others.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this eye shadow palette, because I love Wet 'n' Wild eye shadows and the colors looked beautiful on this. I knew the colors were too dark for me, but I just wanted to have it anyway.
I love the eyelid color. It's beautiful burgundy and even if I usually don't wear so dark shades on my eyelids, this one is gorgeous.
The crease color is way too dark for me to use as it's meant to. The only ways I can use it is on the outer corner of my eye or I can line my eyes with it.
The browbone color is weird. It's too dark and red to use on browbone. I tried it on my eyelid and I looked like I had been crying. My eyes looked red. I don't know how to use that color.
Even if I only like one of the colors on the palette, I still would buy it again, because the color I like is so beautiful and the palette is so affordable.
The pigmentation is amazing. If I had darker skin I'm sure this palette would be one of my favorites.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have been looking for a neutral medium pink/brown for everyday wear. Wanting a pink/brown thats not to cool or too warm to work with my dark bronze brown complexion. The colors in this palette are pretty. But not really what I was looking for. Still prefer my Posner Augerdine e/s quartet.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first e/s disappointment from WnW. I am an NC25 & this color combination was much too dark for me. I will probably use the crease color ( a shimmery chocolatey brown) & the lid color (a reddish toned brown which I thought was a cranberryish shade while in the store but I was wrong) with other eyeshadows I have. The brow color is a boring mauvey shade which just doesnt do anything for me so I will probably leave that one alone. BTW all 3 shades are shimmery, texture is still nice, soft & buttery but still doesnt save this e/s trio. On one eye I used Graphite Idol eye creme shadow pencil as a lid base before applying the lid color....it made it more vibrant & deep which was preferable. On the other eye I applied it straight up with no primer & the colors were not anywhere near as bold as expected. Overall I still really like the WnW eyeshadows its just that this particular color combo is not flattering on me at all.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The light pink color is nothing special, the other two are nice. All three are well pigmented, so if you like the colors, it's a good deal for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was never really a fan of WnW products, but after purchasing some of the discontinued palettes and falling in love with them, I wanted to try some of the newer products.

I was looking for a good everyday neutral palette so I choose this color.

I honestly have to say that I don't care for it much. The colors just don't flatter my skin tone, or even show up well for that matter. I keep using it trying to get it to work for me but I have just come to the realization that this does not work for me. I may just keep trying b/c I hate to waste money.