wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]

wet n wild Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]
Wet N Wild - Knock On WoodColor Icon Trio - Knock on Wood [DISCONTINUED]Wet n Wild Knock on WoodWet n Wild Knock on Wood Eyeshadow Trio

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the perfect eye trio for fall! Wow. Pigment crazy though. These are some dark shades. They don't look it in the pan, but on my fair-med. skintone these are intense and gave me a smoky eye look. I used the peachy "browbone" shade on my lid and for a transition color from crease to brow, the mid toned rusted cranberry shade marked "lid" for a crease shade and the darkest semi sweet chocolately brown "crease" shade for a definer/liner shade. I really love this little trio. These shadows are buttery soft and pat on easily with no fall out and are very blendable. I don't ever use the applicators that come with these as it is much easier and better to use your own makeup brushes. (You don't need expensive brushes to get a beautiful eye look. I use ELF, Soho and Real Techniques are fabulous too for a drugstore brush) I can get a very dramatic look with this trio too as these shadows are buildable. All of these shadows have a little shimmer to them but they don't add sparkle when worn, they just add a little light. While this trio is a bit dark for me, it is still very wearable and with a super light hand you can get a look that is less intense and more everyday. Of course, if your coloration is darker than mine, this will be less intense. This is a wonderful trio to have as it can go easily from day to night and up the glam factor with a couple of swipes of color. I have a lot of Urban Decay, Estee Lauder, Lorac, and other department store shadows and this little drugstore set performs as well for less than $5. This actually outperforms some of them. I really love the formula on these Color Icon trios. Although I have had this for a couple of years, it is a core product and easily available. For less than $5 this is a true bargain. You get a great product that is easy to use and lasts all day without creasing, caking, or fading when used over eye primer. Yes, do pick this up if you haven't yet.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

HOLY MOTHER OF BLENDABILITY this stuff is amazing. The shadows aren't completely matte, but I'd say they're a satin finish--not too shimmery or sparkly at all. The colors are absolutely beautiful--the lid shade is that perfect spicy brownish-plum that is all over the runways this fall, and for good reason. And these shadows are so easy to blend, even more so than the other Wet 'n' Wild trios (and if you've tried some of the other ones, you know they're great quality). The shadows go on silky smooth and pigmented, with basically zero fallout. They're soft, but not so soft that they crumble and break when you swipe your brush on them. As for lasting power, I honestly haven't tested that yet, but I've had good experiences with the other three Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow trios I've worn, and there's no reason to think this one is any different. In short, this trio just makes it so darn easy to create a perfectly moody, smoldering plummy eye look (which, by the way, will flatter every eye color). I cannot recommend this baby highly enough. It's absolutely going to be my go-to palette this fall, and for quite a while beyond that. :D

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had been searching for a good affordable cranberry eyeshadow for ages. I was so impressed by the quality of these shadows they remind me so much of the urban decay shadows but without the hefty price. The color labeled "eyelid" in this trio is the perfect cranberry shadow. I usually pair the cranberry shade with their single eyeshadow in "panther" (which reminds me of black out from urban decay) that combination gives you the perfect gothic cranberry smokey eye. It reminds me a lot of something Amy Lee would wear :)

Love the pigmentation of the 3 colours.

Others have complained about the browbone colour too not be pigmented enough blah blah blah. I think most of the WNW palettes' browbrone colours are quite weak in pigmentation in comparison to the other two colours in the palette - this because it is a BROWBONE colour.. it's meant to be subtle not some crazy streak of colour.

Regardless, I find the pink browbone shade to be lovely. I don't use it for it's intended purpose. I don't use it as an eyeshadow. I am not sure how to make pink eyeshadows flattering on Asian eyes...

I USE IT AS A BLUSH!!!!!! On my NC20-NC25 it looks like a natural flush. I have to be quite heavy handed but the result is lovely. Does not look flat or chalky but rather a healthy sheen.

The other two colours are great in pigmentation. I've tried the brown by itself to create a smokey eye. Combining wet and dry gives it fab dimension.

Loveloveloveee.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love these colors!!! So warm and pretty :)

The browbone color, I would NEVER use on my browbone. It is just too dark. The pigmentation is lacking a little in contrast to the other 2 colors in the palette.

The crease color is a yummy dark chocolate brown. It is soft and buttery.

The eyelid color is also super buttery and pigmented. I love the cranberry color and it has enough purple in it to make my hazel green eyes pop without making my eyes look sickly like many red toned shadows can.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS<3 I don't think you guys understand. I have SO many brown eyeshadows from urbandecay, estee lauder etc and the most reached for brown I use is the middle brown in this trio.

all three colors are SO pigmented and buttery but that brown right in the middle is AMAZING. gahh..and it's only $3.

I love using this on my outter V. it gives me such a sultry look without looking over the top for everyday wear.

I think this trio is the best out of the bunch. I know walking on eggshells gets a lot of love especially from youtube and whatnot but knock on wood is way better in my opinion. you can't go wrong with this trio, you're really missing out if you haven't gotten your hands on this guy :D

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a beautiful ballet pink, soft cool toned brown, and soft cool toned cranberry palette. Have created many day and evening looks that flattered my blue eyes with this palette. Great value.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GIRLS this are one of the trios that are gonna be discontinued for 2014!! pick it up if you love it like me. this is one of my favorite trios of wet n wild. the colors are very pigmented and looks amazing

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the eyelid colour in this trio SO MUCH!! It's the perfect warm plum colour to complement my blue-green eyes, making them look lighter & more green. The pink highlight colour doesn't show up very well, but all the shades work well blended together. The brown shade is a good staple colour.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

i have heard so much about these wet n wild color icon eyeshadows and how they're the best eye shadow to buy at a drug store, well this baby doesn't disappoint i am a darker (nw55 mac for reference) and i was looking for a neutral everyday eye look and these colors fit my skin without looking gaudy if goes on nicely and has good staying power my only con is the fallout in the packaging but other than that im pretty impressed