Quimica Alemana nail hardener

Quimica Alemana nail hardener

4.3

Tosylamide, Formaldehyde Resin, Formaldehyde, Camphor, Nitrocellulose, Castor oil, N-Butyl Alcohol, MEK, Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Amyl acetate

on 2/8/2018 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product is undeniably PURE MAGIC! I am a nail biter and have been ever since I eyed that cute Italian boy in grade two biting his nails, so it’s been a while to say the least. I have had short ugly nails since then and then at 31 tried to cover them by getting prosthetic nails (ie visiting nails 4 u on a biweekly basis) which only lead to making them thinner and thinner. I tried everything from the vomit inducing nail non-biting nail polish, to nail envy, to Sally Hansen to everyyyyyyyyything! Finally, I stumbled upon an online article for Quimica Alamena and the reviews were magnificent so I ripped out the fakes and decided to give it my all. Now being the over indulgent lady that I am, I decided one thin coat was not enough for me so I did two thick coats and let me tell you, I paid for it. I had to put my nails in ice to get temporary relief and even after I gave up and removed the nail polish, my entire fingers were throbbing in pain. So listen up, ONE THIN layer is more than adequate. Start with half the nail for about a month and then move on to covering the entire nail (but avoid the cuticle). I applied a thin layer and waited five minutes and then applied my nail polish as usual with a top coat (NYC quick dry - another amazing product). I usually keep the same nail polish colour for 3 days to one week and everytime I removed my nail polish I would use the quimica (basically it was my base coat). I noticed a difference in my nails in two weeks so it was basically INSTANT RESULTS! I still use it because I mean, who knows beauty products better than the Colombian women? I have purchased this products for family members who have struggled with brittle nails and I NEVER write reviews but this product saved my life. My vain life yes, but my life nonetheless. It’s magic guys. It works.

on 10/13/2017 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I used this product a lot in the past, I used to love it because it does make your nails harder. However I have stopped using it because it contains Formaldahyde...
"In view of its widespread use, toxicity, and volatility, formaldehyde poses a significant danger to human health.[12] In 2011, the US National Toxicology Program described formaldehyde as "known to be a human carcinogen".[13][14][15]" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formaldehyde

on 8/23/2017 11:42:00 AM

I usually don't write reviews, but i decided to do it because i think this stuff is really amazing. As many people have said, i as well have tried basically every nail hardener out there, from high end to putting garlic in clear nail polish to biotin pills etc. Nothing ever worked, my nails will still break or peel. From the very first coat i could feel my nails getting stronger and harder. Wich is very motivating. I used it for about 3-4 weeks, first day i papplied a very thin coat of quimica alemana a a thin coat of probelle nail polish in a milky transparent color, i did this daily then removed it completely once a week and re apply after a day of completely bare nails. This worked wonders for me my nails are stronger and long for the first time ever! I am even getting compliments for them, something that never ever ever happened before. The only 2 reason i am not giving it 5 stars is because of the burning sensation, it does burn from time to time not unbearable but definitely inconvenient and unpleasant. Primaryly the reason why i was using some nail polish between coats so it wouldn't burn as i was applying it daily. After that i've use it as base coat every time i do my nails and the only time it burned was when i kept removing and applying my nail polish beacuse i messed it up. That time the burning sensation lasted for about 2 hrs, again not unbearable just uncomfortable. The other thing i don't like about it is how quickly it goops up, for some reason it does get thicker after use, wich makes it harder to apply a thin coat wich consecuently increases the chances of it burning. Over all i love this product i already ordered 2 more bottles. I bought it of ebay from a vendor that sells the for $19.99 for 2 plus a probelle nail polish, thats under $7 ea wich i think is a steal for how good this product is!

on 11/6/2016 11:50:00 AM

This is HOLY GRAIL status for me. It cost me $8 at my local beauty supply store which is pennies compared to the $40 plus tip I was paying every couple weeks to get my acrylic nails filled in. I love the look of long nails but my nails have never been able to grow without breaking off or peeling. Every few years I would become tempted by acrylic/gel nails which would give me the beautiful, long nails that I could never achieve. And every time I would remove them to give my nails a break I would despair at the thin, bendy, and severely ridged nightmare that my nails had become. This time I swore it off for good.

I started doing research on nail hardeners and started with Nailtiques Formula 2 Nail Protein. It was okay, but my nails were still breaking and it didn't wow me. I often would complain to my coworkers and 2 of them told me on separate occasions that I needed to buy "this Colombian nail hardener with a green cap". Neither of them knew the name, but I rushed out to my local beauty supply store and searched frantically for it. Finally I described it to the store worker and she grabbed it from behind the counter at the very top. It had to be the one!

I did some research on it before using and was terrified by claims of a horrific burning sensation. My nails were sore and thin from having been subjected to years of acrylic, and I figured this might magnify the burning sensation. It did. I only put a very thin layer from the middle of my nail to the tip (not going near the skin near the cuticles), and was like, "Hey, this isn't so bad!" 20 minutes later, I was waving my hands around in the air frantically while my boyfriend just shot me an exasperated glance. "The things women do for beauty..."

Despite the slight burning/pressure sensation, I did not feel it was unbearable enough for me to give up. I wanted to be off acrylic for good. 2 months later, I have much stronger, healthier nails that are finally the length I desire! I have NEVER been able to grow my nails this long, even before I started with acrylic nails. My nails have not broken once. *knocks on wood* I still have a very slight burning sensation when I apply it, but only on certain nails, like my pinky finger where it was severely damaged and thin. I apply once it week. I started doing manicures again and the polish lasts for over a week when I use this as a base coat! I don't even need to use a top coat. Yes, this stuff is amazing. Of course monitor your body and if you are in SEVERE pain you need to stop using this because it could be an allergic reaction. But if you can tolerate this I highly recommend.. =)

on 4/23/2016 5:59:00 PM

Okay, so let me start by saying I've tried A LOT of nail hardeners on the market. Nail Envy, Nailtiques, Hard As Nails, Orly, you name it. I have very weak nails that tend to split at the sides or peel, and it's so frustrating when I'm trying to grow them out. I decided to try this product when my hairdresser told me about it after I noticed her long, amazing nails and expressed my frustration with my own. It's been two weeks since my first application, and holy crap. My nails seem to have grown so much faster, and they are hard and strong with no breaks so far! Which, with my nails, is a damn miracle. I haven't experienced any burning or pain, like some others. The key is to apply a THIN coat, starting with just half your nail, like the directions say. Highly recommend for anyone who has trouble with weak nails!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My Aunt gave me this one day and I took it, hoping it would help my nails grow. First time it was fine and everything was perfect. Then I started suffering from the (I recently discovered) infamous burning. It was painful (mostly on my little fingers) and I peeled it off and it was relieved. Anyway, it was super painful and I wouldn't wish that pain on anybody

on 4/6/2015 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I would say my rating is more 3.5 stars, but that isn't an option. If I had written this review after my first bottle, it would have been a 5, but more on that later. This is one of my favorite nail products, and one that actually does what it claims. I had heard about it first on the Nail Board, then did a little research and bought a bottle. I had read the comments about the burning, so I gently applied 1 thin coat and waited ... no pain! No burning! So I went for it and applied a second thin coat - HOLY HELL. That stayed on about a 1/2 hour and I couldn't take it anymore. About half of the nails on my hands were burning and had this horrible pressure sensation, like there was a heavy brick resting on them. I waited until the next day and reapplied just the 1 thin coat.

One thing I like about this is that it does start to peel off after just a day like most strengtheners seem to do if you don't do a full mani. I can get away with one coat for 2 - 4 days before it starts to come off a bit. I usually use it as a first layer to my mani, though. And the difference in my nails! It is the most noticeable difference of any nail treatment I've used. They grow faster, stronger, and thicker. One tip - make sure you moisturize!! This will dry out the skin around your nails and even your nails a bit (at least for me). Nails that are nice and hard but dry will still break.

So why the 3.5 stars? After I used up my first couple of bottles, I had tried a few other products here and there. They just never worked as well, so I went back to the Quimica. I ordered a new bottle, and it looked a little different, it was more milky than clear. I used it for a few weeks, and while it worked, it didn't seem to work as well. I ordered another bottle, thinking I got a dud, and it was the same - it worked good, but it wasn't the miracle product that I remembered. So I dug through my stash and found my almost empty original bottle, and compared them - THEY CHANGED THE FORMULA. Not a lot, but obviously enough to make a difference. I am so bummed! I will keep using it for now, but I am back on the hunt for a new Holy Grail.

I agree with the 5-star reviews here. I've used it for years; this is the ONLY nail hardener that has ever worked for me. A real plus, though, it that it does not yellow my nails at all. Every other nail product--from clear polish to hardeners and "strengtheners"--turns them yellow (yes, even the ones that claim they are "non-staining"). I guess this is just something in my body's chemistry; I've had the yellowing problem my entire life.

I've never had any of the burning that QA is famous for, BTW.

on 8/27/2014 8:20:00 AM

I ran across this product at a Cuban coworker's house. She was using it & said it works great... so, I tried it.
[Btw, she is always able to get a regular salon manicure for her natural nails, when I have to get an overlay of gel or acrilic (which is way more expensive & damaging to natural nail), b/c my nails ALWAYS BREAK. Mine grow fast... they just break before they get long.]
She was able to read just the label to me in English (b/c product is only labled in Spanish). One of the ingredients is FORMALDEHYDE. That's why it burns!
She wasn't surprised to see FORMALDEHYDE as an ingredient, b/c she told me... years ago, her mother used to go to the pharmacist and get a little bottle of formaldehyde and brush out on her nails. Her mom had the STRONGEST nails!
It did not burn at all for me. I did not get any directions. So, I treated it like regular nail polish and immediately applied 2 coats. No burn at all! Best hardner ever

on 8/26/2014 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have had terrible peeling nails all my life. Tried everything. Nail envy, nailteks , nailtiques you name it. I saw a review of this looked it up. Ordered it and applied it as directed. It says to just apply one line from the middle of the nail to the tip the first time. Then just once a week. I can tell you that I see my nails growing. the peeling isn't gone completely but I am sure it will be, because the peeling has broken off and the rest of the nail seems ok. I will keep using it. It has not burned me at all.

Popular Treatments