Aveeno Moisturizing Bar

No Image

3.7

on 12/29/2016 11:20:00 PM

Note: I used this as a body cleanser, not face.

Sorry to be the voice of dissent, but my experience with this Aveeno soap wasn't that great. In recent years, thanks to a couple of contributing factors (long hair/conditioner + birth control), I've had periodic breakouts on my chest and upper back. In addition to being occasionally acne-prone I have dry skin that irritates easily.

I tried this "moisture bar" hoping it would work for my temperamental skin but no dice. It was a little bit scratchy and my skin was left flushed after using it. Even after using lotion, my skin still felt quite dry and sometimes itchy after use as well. I'm not sure that it exacerbated the breakouts but it definitely didn't cause any reduction. My experience, and the bar of soap, lasted slightly over two weeks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My HG!
I hate lotions/creams/oils. My hands feel greasy, I wash them all the time. I have tried so many brands before, from Nivea to L'occitane, Caudalie, and so on.
I was looking for an organic lotion with no fragrance and I ordered Aveeno online since it's not available in China.
Wow! That was exactly my reaction. My skin feels moisture and I don't get the greasy feeling anymore.
I have bought the body lotion, hand cream, baby diaper rash all from Aveeno and now I'm considering the shampoo and conditioner.

I love this bar..it's gentle and moisturizing. And it smells nice in my opinion. I use it all over. Its even gentle enough for my lady parts..i know too much information but i was recommended this soap by doctor.
The only thing i would change is that the bar deteriorates quicker then other soap bars. If left in water it will become a gooepy mess. And its price its 3.49 for a bar of soap but i stock up during sales. Will continue to buy.