Lancôme Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Lancôme Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%.Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Perlite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Maltitol, Phenoxyethanol; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 12/24/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have no idea how this could ever be considered a tinted moisturizer. It's so opaque and cakey looking on me. It starts off looking semi-decent, but deteriorates quickly, making my skin look oddly "glisteny", yet also managing to dry it out. At the end of a day wearing this, my skin is completely irritated, itchy and just plain gross looking. I also developed lots of new clogged pores from it, so this definitely didn't work for me. Just for reference, I have very pale, allergy-prone skin, so if you're like me, I'd stay far away from this stuff!

on 12/12/2012 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was given a sample of this in Ivoire 1C. I find it light enough, but unfortunately much too pink for me. I might've been curious if Buff 2W was a better match had the foundation not felt somewhat tight on my sensitive skin -- I'm thinking it's the chemical sunscreen... So, although the glowing sheer finish is impressive, I'll keep on looking for a warmer pale shade in a gentler, chemical-SPF-free formula.

I'm gonna try to keep this review short. This foundation makes my skin look great, it's medium coverage, satin finish, and despite having SPF it photographs well. I'm NC/NW20 and I've been matched to Buff 4C. I just finished my first bottle of this and re-purchased, which shows how much I like it!

on 11/15/2011 11:55:00 AM

Awful!!!! Ok let's start off with the small tube of foundation. .8 oz for $34?! Seriously? I thought I'd give it a try because of the 18 hour long lasting gimmick. I've heard this stuff was supposed to be good. I don't even have oily skin, and this stuff greased up and slid right off within hours. Awful. For that much money it should hold up better. Now keep in mind I used primer, and powder. The consistency is thin, but even though it's thin, I can't see how this foundation would last that long in the tube. If it worked on me I'd probably pay the price, but honestly Mac Prolongwear foundation holds up much better for like $10.00 less. I don't have bad skin, but it did accent a few flaws as soon as it started to slide off. I was almost embarrassed to walk around at work for a few hours.

on 3/6/2011 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I was pretty dissapointed at first with this product in that it's marketed for 'oily' skin types. It does NOT mattify and still looks dewy on the skin. I have used other Ivory2C Lancome foundations before, but this one is considerbly darker than the others. If the colour matched me more I might like it, but its hard for me to imagine. It's a light coverage perfect for summer. That being said, I do love how easy to blend this foundation and the feel of it on your skin. It would look great for a normal skinned person whos skin tone is easily matched.

on 1/10/2011 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this is as HG for me as it's going to get. I really liked this in the summer and now in winter, I find I reach for it most mornings. This product is best for skin that doesn't have many problems. It's lightweight, but offers decent coverage for fairly normal skin. My skin is oily on the T- zone, but a light dusting with powder and I'm good to go. This is very lightweight and I find I love that about this foundation. Wish it was cheaper, but I like it so much I'll definitely repurchase.

on 11/11/2010 8:19:00 PM

This product is NOT oil free. I just realized that it contains "squalane" which is a natural OIL which occurs in human sebum. Eww. No wonder I got blackheads from this product.
I really liked this foundation but after wearing it for about 10 days, I got a lot of new blackheads. This is the 2nd time a Lancome foundation does this to me. I don't think their foundations work for me. I have even noticed some weird bumps forming right on my temples. Eeeek!
I really liked the finish though: medium, natural, non-drying.
Photographs REALLY well - very natural and beautiful look!
It is ok for about 5 hours (but you need to wear powder on top of it) and then it starts separating, sinking into pores and could look greasy at times. I don't like foundations that stick to the skin because they are hard to take off but on the other hand, this had poor lasting power. I've tried cheaper foundations that haven't acted this way.
I wish it had worked for my skin...
Anyway, it seems the search goes on... :(

I've always been a fan of Lancome products. I was looking for a lighter liquid foundation becuase I don't feel like a need a ton a coverage. I have freckles and I don't mind them showing and I don't want to look cakey or like I've to paint my whole face. I use a stippling brush to apply it to my nose and chin (were I'm usually redder than i like). It gives me a nice light coverages but evens out my redness. Lancome is expensive and maybe I'd be happen with a cheaper product but I'd probably have to buy 10 before I found one I liked as much so why not go to the Lancome counter, try out the product, know I like it. It's probably cheaper in the end.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I just bought this yesterday, but I'm loving it! I'll come back with a better review once I've been wearing it longer - but for now...it is awesome!
I am NC20ish in MAC (kind of between NC20-25 depending on the product), and I got this in 2W - which is perfect for my skin! I like that this has SPF18 in it, and I love how liquidy it is - a little goes a long way. This was $32 at Sephora - which is less than my usual ELDW.
I wanted something that was going to give me medium coverage, but not feel and look masky. From my neck-down, I am a perfect NC20, but on my face, I have a lot of red splotchyness, and the yellow in this (and NC20) color evens out the redness and makes everything one color from my neck up.
The coverage this offers is exactly what I was hoping to find - it covers the redness but has a very natural finish that lets your own skin shine through a little. For the record, I also have an oily t-zone, so we'll see how this works through the day. I use MUFE HD primer in 0 (neutral), and mixed the foundation with a pump of my Biore Dual Fusion moisturizer. I then finished this with a dusting of the ELF HD powder. It has a lovely natural look right now and I feel like my face can breathe, but also looks great!

EDIT: after wearing this for about a week, figured out that it dried out my skin. someone on the boards said this has alcohol in it - so that might explain it! I exchanged this for MUFE HD - we'll see how that goes!

I was hoping this foundation would be my summer foundation, however it didn't work well to control my oily skin. The product description made it sound like this foundation would help keep my skin looking matte all day. However, after a few hours the coverage of this product started to fade and my skin started getting oily. Additionally, there were no neutral shades in my intensity level (2), so I was forced to go with something more pink toned.

Overall I think this is a nice blendable foundation that gives a gorgeous appearance to the skin within the first few hours, however that effect doesn't last all day. I was also turned off by the price- - not even 1 full oz! Had the product lived up to its claims I would have been happy spending the money, but since it didn't work for me I don't plan to repurchase. I'm hoping this will work better for me in the fall when my skin isn't as oily.
UPDATE: Now that it is fall I've been trying to use this foundation up and see if I like it better in a cooler climate. While the foundation works better to control my oil in cooler weather, the foundation made my chin dry and peel. This has NEVER happened to me from a foundation before. I'm guessing the high alcohol content dried out my skin. Now I am even more hesitant to wear this foundation.