Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%.Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Perlite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Maltitol, Phenoxyethanol; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 3/19/2013 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The formula is good, but nothing special for a high-end foundation. It feels light and lasts. Not matte to the point of being cracky or dull-looking.
However, and I believe this is why this one has been discontinued, the colour changes so much, about two shades, that I see a lot of people returning it from being mismatched. In my case, I bought it in winter, it will fit me in the sunny months so I decided to keep it, because there is no match for my skin right now.

on 2/13/2013 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

This one didn't convince me. The colour turns orange-y (unlike other Lancomes, which stay true) and my dry skin doesn't get on well with it, because just one hour later I have dry spots here and there: a mess.
Also, the cheap packaging isn't chic at all...

on 12/27/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This would be an ideal everyday foundation, but I don't know if I'll use this for special events and photos. I am NC25, extremely oily skin, dark acne scarring, redness throughout face, and sallow, dull complexion. I got this in Buff 6W, which is more or less a match for NC25, leaning more neutral than yellow.

This basically reminds me of a thinner version of MUFE Mat Velvet+ with slightly less coverage. Color range in Lancome is better than MUFE, although I still wish they improved the yellow tones. Although many tout this foundation as being a sheer coverage, I managed to build this up to medium coverage. Still needed concealer for my darkest scars.

I do not believe in primers and don't use them. Wearing this on bare skin and setting it with Mac Prime + Prep powder, I went about 4 hours before shine broke out on my t-zone. Not bad compared to other foundations (I usually get oily within 2 hours for most foundies). By 6 hours of wear, I needed to blot. Finish is natural matte - not radiant, but not flat.

Biggest pro is that it's breathable and very lightweight even if you build it up in coverage. It faded a bit from my nose and chin area and seemed to rub off in some areas after blotting, but that's expected with any foundation. I didn't see it separate or settle into pores. Biggest con is that the finish is not the most radiant. Don't expect a va-va-voom glowy complexion. This is just a simple, everyday foundation to even the skin tone, provide moderate coverage, and get you by throughout the day.

on 11/24/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried several different shades of this foundation, and just can't seem to get the right match. Not really Lancome's fault, but that's why I gave it just a 3 rating.

Formulation-wise, this is a great foundation. It's easy to get sheer coverage (what I'd normally do) and build up from there if need be. This finish is natural - not too matte or shiny. Sometimes, I got away without even setting it with a powder! Long-lasting wear too. However, if I didn't use blotting papers throughout the day, I'd notice the coverage fading. Not blotchy though.

I first started using this when I was pretty fair, and the shade I was using was perfect. I got noticeably tanner though, and was sick of piling on the bronzer just to keep from looking so ghastly. So I started experimenting with different shades. I've tried about 5 different shades, and none really matched. I know... I could just find the closest and make some adjustments with how I apply it or using correctors. But I'm kind of low maintenance and would rather just have a good match from the beginning. Or is that considered high maintenance? :)

One of these days, I'll have to go back to the Lancome counter to see if I'll match one of their shades. I'll up my rating when that happens.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this by accident after a friend recommended the other teint idole foundation but I don't entirely regret my purchase. This is my first non-drugstore foundation so the formula does feel more luxurious in comparison to my revlon colorstay. My shade (Buff 5C) is a perfect match and doesn't oxidize throughout the day; instead it melts into my skin becoming a part of it. Like someone else suggested, it's almost hard to tell if there's product on my face because the formula is so thin and just blends seamlessly! It offers medium coverage but I find it starts to slide around mid-day. Despite the average staying power, this foundation makes me look more "dewy" when I get oily instead of an orange mess.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Maybe I am writing this review a bit too early, as I have only been wearing this foundation for a day now. But I will say that I am absolutely in love. I have never found a foundation that matches my odd skin tone perfectly, until this. It claims to be a matte finish, but I noticed more of a natural finish (Which I don't like due to my oily skin, but a translucent setting powder made it completely matte) So far it has held up all day, and I haven't had to reapply my powder. That is all great, but what really sold this foundation to me is the way it looks and feels on my skin. It is a really lightweight formula that still give moderate coverage, which is all I need. I have some moderate redness on my cheeks and nose, and this completely covers it. I had a few blemishes that needed a bit of a concealer on top, but everything blended very well. I topped it with a setting spray, and then a translucent powder. The overall finish was fantastic, and very, very natural. I couldn't ask fr anything more. I think I have finally found my foundation.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is very thin and liquidy, its almost surprising. But don't be alarmed, it is still quite pigmented. I thought this was going to have a light coverage based on how liquid-y it is, but it is medium on me. Very natural looking too.

I liked that it made my skin matte all day, didn't crease, separate, no powder needed either to set it. Very nice product.

My new favorite day to day foundation. I used to wear Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, but even the oil-free one doesn't last on me too long.

i would buy this product again only because it stays on really good.it works good for oily skin w/powder.it DOES NOT work on dry skin.i have combo skin.dryness around the sides of my nose and the sides of my chin and my forehead.i also get oily on my forehead nose and the middle of my chin!so ya,combination skin sucks.it settles in the dry patches,makin them look noticeable.not good.i would use this for the oily parts of my face and maybe use another foundation for the dry parts of my face (im not sure about the idea yet). it stays for a long time on the oily parts of my face.but i found the only way it stays a bit "more" matte is if you let the first 1 or 2 layers dry then apply another coat.that's what made it more matte.yesterday,i used it w/clearprep primer,moisturizer(2 moisturizers!) and after an an hour or two, it got real oily in my t-zone area then left the dry patches so noticeable. my friends were w/me and they couldn't stop looking at them,it wasn't cute.....

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have combo, acne-prone, ultra-sensitive skin. I bought this foundation because my skin gets SUPER oily in the summer (surprise) and my regular foundation made me look a mess. The best way to describe this would be a "second skin" foundation. I never got that whole concept until trying this foundation; you can't tell I'm wearing it. It provided medium coverage at most for me, I needed a concealer for some spots on my face, which I never do with my regular foundation. It photographs EXTREMELY well, let me tell you. It works wonders as far as keeping my oily skin in check. I still need to blot and powder, but only once or twice a day. As far as the 18 hour claim.. I just don't think ANYTHING exists out there that looks decent after 18 hours, at least not on my skin. Today I wore this longer than I ever have, 12 hours.. and at the end the foundation was pretty patchy all over my face. This was after an extremely hot day though. I wasn't expecting a miracle, and this outperforms any shine controlling, long wear foundation I've ever tried. If my skin woes sound familiar, I'd recommend this to you.

on 1/11/2011 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Even tho I did not purchase this... I was at the lancome booth and wanted a color match..I have never use lancome (laura mericer fan). The makeup artist recommend me this. I'm oily and acne skin.. It covers really well..it was applied with primer as well..when she was done. My face looked CAKEY..I mean reallly CAKEY. This lady had 17 years w lancome too.. I'm sorry I don't think ill buy it.