Lancôme Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Lancôme Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%.Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Perlite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Maltitol, Phenoxyethanol; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is very thin and liquidy, its almost surprising. But don't be alarmed, it is still quite pigmented. I thought this was going to have a light coverage based on how liquid-y it is, but it is medium on me. Very natural looking too.

I liked that it made my skin matte all day, didn't crease, separate, no powder needed either to set it. Very nice product.

My new favorite day to day foundation. I used to wear Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, but even the oil-free one doesn't last on me too long.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i have very acne prone skin and lots of hyperpigmintaion, i like this foundation because it doesn't iritate my acne and it feels fresh and very light weight. this foundation doesn't stay matte for me for more than 3 hours (with powder) but its fine because i sort of like the dewy look, and i oil blott. it doesn't have as full coverage as i would like, but it does fine along with mac's concealer (NC20) for everyday school. overall this is basically, my HG as far as everyday use is concerned.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really love this product for summer foundation when it's hot outside. It's not the best for winter, and here's why. This product is quite thin and watery, but it offers full medium matte coverage. I know those two things sound like opposites, but somehow Lancome makes it work. I've never had a foundation formula like this before. It doesn't feel heavy. It doesn't feel like it's going to slide off your face in the heat/humidity/sweat. I live in the hot south and this does the trick.

But the things that make it work in summer, are things I don't really need in winter. In cold weather I prefer something more emollient and luxurious. Still when the weather is right, this stuff can't be beat.

Price is high. Too high I think. But the fact that you don't need as much product (due to it's thinness) means that it lasts longer than most.

The easy-to-use packaging is great too. 5 stars.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

i like the product but if you apply to little it makes your face look oily if you apply too much you look fake but when you get it right it look reallly good. it feels very lightweight on your face making it feel like its not even there. i dont think i would buy it again because of the price but this amount will last you a while!

on 7/7/2010 12:53:00 PM

------------------
UPDATE: A few weeks later, I am now really liking this foundation. I found the best way to apply was really just with fingers, applied immediately after moisturizer. A THIN layer blended out quickly and it looks perfect. I basically had to apply to one section of my face at a time because this dries pretty quickly as you're blending it out, and had to be careful not to over-apply because that's what was making my pores look so bad under this. I would say this is slightly buildable foundation, but you really have to be careful not to overdo it. As for holding up in the hot weather, it does a very good job and I haven't had any problem with it melting under sweat and heat. It lasts at least 8 hours for me with no blotting.
-------------
Original review:
I'm trying to make this foundation work for me, and so I refuse to return it because I want to like it! I really wanted something that felt and looked lightweight, but that lasted all day and gave me a matte finish. This delivers on those promises, but makes my skin look TERRIBLE. So far... it emphasizes every tiny imperfection on my face, regardless of application method or what I put on my face beforehand. You can see my pores from across the room when I wear this stuff. Very frustrating, because it's so nice otherwise. I'm going to experiment with primers and application methods and will update this if I find a way to make it look better.