Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%.Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Perlite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Maltitol, Phenoxyethanol; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 12/13/2013 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

So sad this is getting discontinued! One of my favorite everyday foundations. Provides just the right amount of coverage, controls shine but isn't overly matte. Leaves a very nice finish to the skin.

on 5/21/2013 10:11:00 PM

I was surprised that such a runny consistency gives such a decent coverage. My skin is a mess currently. I was undergoing domestic BHA peel to get rid of 3,4 tinny red spots and pimples on the side of my cheeks and ended up with a one murged spot. This foundation covered them surprisingly good. The coverage light to medium, very buildable and with second layer my flaws were almost invisible. With two layersit still feels light.

The color I have is bisque ow. This color matches my skin tone in summer. It didn't look orange on my ,currently without tan, skin tone and didn't turn after four hours of wear (this is with primer on top of Clinique SPF 5 cream).

I don't know about 18 hour matte skin claim. I don't know anybody who wears 18 hour a day make up, but it was naturally matte on me after 4 hour outside in a sunny and warm day. The finish is not very matte, it's on matte side, but looks natural.

I have no problems with a bottle. The only thing is keep it in the position where the cover is upright, because of runny consistency it can get messy.

I see that it was discontinued. Now i understand why I got it for a fraction of its full price ($10). I'm not sure if I would have bought it for 34$, because Lanc�me has other very good foundations like Tient Idol. But, I liked it's loght and build able coverage.

************************update****************
It's such a dissappointment this foundation has been discontinued. It's a hot summer and I don't like to wear liquid foundation this time because of my oily skin. This foundation is just perfect for me. First of all there is no tacky feeling when I apply it. Secondly, it's so light and after two layers it still looks and feels light!!! No cakey face, my skin, but a little better.
It's doesn't seem to melt and stays matte long enough.
I would like to try lighter shade, but not sure I will find it.

on 2/18/2013 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros:
-Super light weight
-Medium coverage
-Smoothing texture
-Long wearing

Cons:
-Product tends to spill out of tube due to its water-like consistency. It would work better in a pump.

This is an excellent foundation for someone who doesn't like that "thick" feeling but prefers a medium coverage. The finish isn't too dewy or matte, its a natural finish and gives a nice flawless look to the skin.I like to wear this throughout the summer because it doesn't "melt" off my face like thicker foundations do.I found it wore really well, but I hate the packaging. It can get really messy because it pours out of the tube. If you're going to buy this product be really careful about dispensing it.

on 12/27/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This would be an ideal everyday foundation, but I don't know if I'll use this for special events and photos. I am NC25, extremely oily skin, dark acne scarring, redness throughout face, and sallow, dull complexion. I got this in Buff 6W, which is more or less a match for NC25, leaning more neutral than yellow.

This basically reminds me of a thinner version of MUFE Mat Velvet+ with slightly less coverage. Color range in Lancome is better than MUFE, although I still wish they improved the yellow tones. Although many tout this foundation as being a sheer coverage, I managed to build this up to medium coverage. Still needed concealer for my darkest scars.

I do not believe in primers and don't use them. Wearing this on bare skin and setting it with Mac Prime + Prep powder, I went about 4 hours before shine broke out on my t-zone. Not bad compared to other foundations (I usually get oily within 2 hours for most foundies). By 6 hours of wear, I needed to blot. Finish is natural matte - not radiant, but not flat.

Biggest pro is that it's breathable and very lightweight even if you build it up in coverage. It faded a bit from my nose and chin area and seemed to rub off in some areas after blotting, but that's expected with any foundation. I didn't see it separate or settle into pores. Biggest con is that the finish is not the most radiant. Don't expect a va-va-voom glowy complexion. This is just a simple, everyday foundation to even the skin tone, provide moderate coverage, and get you by throughout the day.

on 12/24/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have no idea how this could ever be considered a tinted moisturizer. It's so opaque and cakey looking on me. It starts off looking semi-decent, but deteriorates quickly, making my skin look oddly "glisteny", yet also managing to dry it out. At the end of a day wearing this, my skin is completely irritated, itchy and just plain gross looking. I also developed lots of new clogged pores from it, so this definitely didn't work for me. Just for reference, I have very pale, allergy-prone skin, so if you're like me, I'd stay far away from this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I would actually give this product a 4.5 if I could, rather than a 4. I always return back to this after going crazy trying to find other foundations, and I'm always shocked by how much I love this. I wear this in Bisque 7N and I have medium, extremely yellow-olive skin, and this matches very well. It might be a hint too pale, but the next color up is not my undertone, and it's nothing a little bronzer can't fix.

Wearability: I use Tarte's 12 hour poreless primer just on my tzone and around that area, and I don't really use primer elsewhere, because you honestly don't need it. I have OILY skin, and this stuff sticks on. Yeah, you'll get a little "glowy", but it's really not oily looking at all.
Coverage: I do use concealer for spots. This covers EXTREMELY well for being so lightweight (and it is pretty undetectable if you can find your shade), but it's still not full coverage. I honestly think that this type of foundation looks better on me than full coverage though.
Price: I don't think it's so expensive, especially compared to Guerlain and Givenchy and YSL (my usual favorites). But I can see how others would think so, and it's something to keep in mind.
I set this with Guerlain Meteorites or lately, Lancome's setting powder, apply my blush, and I'm pretty good to go. It's winter now, and my oily skin has calmed down a little, so I can get away with this combo. But honestly, even in the summer, this holds up really really well. I actually wore this the other day to my LSAT, and when I went to the bathroom during the break, girls kept commenting on how glowing I looked, even though I know I'd been a nervous wreck the few weeks leading up to it.

Overall, I think this is definitely worth it and it's what I keep going back to. The color selection has been fabulous, the formula wears extremely well, and although the coverage isn't exactly what I'd love, it's so fresh looking that I just think it makes me look better somehow.

on 11/24/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried several different shades of this foundation, and just can't seem to get the right match. Not really Lancome's fault, but that's why I gave it just a 3 rating.

Formulation-wise, this is a great foundation. It's easy to get sheer coverage (what I'd normally do) and build up from there if need be. This finish is natural - not too matte or shiny. Sometimes, I got away without even setting it with a powder! Long-lasting wear too. However, if I didn't use blotting papers throughout the day, I'd notice the coverage fading. Not blotchy though.

I first started using this when I was pretty fair, and the shade I was using was perfect. I got noticeably tanner though, and was sick of piling on the bronzer just to keep from looking so ghastly. So I started experimenting with different shades. I've tried about 5 different shades, and none really matched. I know... I could just find the closest and make some adjustments with how I apply it or using correctors. But I'm kind of low maintenance and would rather just have a good match from the beginning. Or is that considered high maintenance? :)

One of these days, I'll have to go back to the Lancome counter to see if I'll match one of their shades. I'll up my rating when that happens.

on 4/10/2012 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Finally bought this at Nordstrom and I am more than likely to be exchanging it.
I have oily skin, on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin, wearing just oil free moisturizer I get oily at about the fourth-fifth hour.
This foundation did nothing to help control the oil, it went on semi-matte and by the fifth hour of my day, I was a nice Dewy, give me two more hours and I would have been OILY. I don't mind dewy, but I normally have 12 hour days and I don't want to touch up (I hate it, I hate carrying make up in my bag). I would have to touch up every three to five hours with this. Mac match master and pro longwear, as well as Este Lauder double wear light are all better products at controlling my oily face.

What I did like was the texture; very very light, not hard to blend, very pigmented (up to medium coverage). The liquid is very runny so you have to really monitor how much comes out of the tube as you don't want to squirt too much out. Doesn't feel like you're wearing anything at all. No need to set with a powder as it gives such a flawless second-skin look. Best bit for me: fragrance free! (it's also SPF 15 but I don't care for sunscreen as I dont go in the sun for more han half an hour a day, if I even bother)
It is expensive for the amount, you get 24ml as opposed to 30ml. If I recall, this was $36 at Nordstrom. Great color range to try on.
I won't be buying it again because it's not good at controlling oil.

edit: bumped this up to a 4. it does control my oil well and the finish is outstanding. not matte, not dewy. it is also long wearing but not the 18 hours that it claims to be

on 3/4/2012 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is as close as it gets to HG I guess. Lightweight, natural looking, long lasting, light to medium coverage, etc. I'm NC25 and bought Ivoire 2C which is a pretty good match. The color is a bit too light initially. But it oxidizes in half an hour to match my skin tone. It lasts till the end of a 12 hour day on my combination/dry skin. I have to moisturize my skin pretty well, otherwise it can make my face feel dry and tight. The only con I can think of is that ivoire 2C is one of the lightest shades and gals with lighter skin tone would have hard time finding the right shade. SPF 15 is a big plus. I also like the tube packaging. I think it's a little too expensive given the thin consistency and having to use more than your usual foundation ($34+tax for 0.8 fl oz).

on 10/23/2011 9:51:00 AM

I had high hopes for this product but it fell short of my expectations. At first it sat in my pores but I stopped using my oil free primer and that fixed the problem. It's long lasting but sheerer than Teint Idole Ultra, which is a welcomed change in the summer. It also does help reduce shine. In addition, one bottle goes a long, long way. Having said all that, what I find lacking is that it doesn't transform my skin the way other Lancome foundations do. However, if you have naturally beautiful skin and want a sheer, long lasting foundation that reduces oil, this could certainly be pretty darn perfect.