Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%.Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Perlite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Maltitol, Phenoxyethanol; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 12/27/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This would be an ideal everyday foundation, but I don't know if I'll use this for special events and photos. I am NC25, extremely oily skin, dark acne scarring, redness throughout face, and sallow, dull complexion. I got this in Buff 6W, which is more or less a match for NC25, leaning more neutral than yellow.

This basically reminds me of a thinner version of MUFE Mat Velvet+ with slightly less coverage. Color range in Lancome is better than MUFE, although I still wish they improved the yellow tones. Although many tout this foundation as being a sheer coverage, I managed to build this up to medium coverage. Still needed concealer for my darkest scars.

I do not believe in primers and don't use them. Wearing this on bare skin and setting it with Mac Prime + Prep powder, I went about 4 hours before shine broke out on my t-zone. Not bad compared to other foundations (I usually get oily within 2 hours for most foundies). By 6 hours of wear, I needed to blot. Finish is natural matte - not radiant, but not flat.

Biggest pro is that it's breathable and very lightweight even if you build it up in coverage. It faded a bit from my nose and chin area and seemed to rub off in some areas after blotting, but that's expected with any foundation. I didn't see it separate or settle into pores. Biggest con is that the finish is not the most radiant. Don't expect a va-va-voom glowy complexion. This is just a simple, everyday foundation to even the skin tone, provide moderate coverage, and get you by throughout the day.

on 1/21/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have oily, acne-prone skin and use this as an everyday foundation. It offers medium coverage and does not fully cover my dark circles and acne scars, however, it doesn't look too heavy, either. Since this is a shine-free product, it has a matte finish which dries quickly, so it's important to blend quickly. As an oily gal, I can only assume this wouldn't be perfect for drier skin. I don't think this lasts "18 hours" as the packaging says, but it does last a decent amount of time. If you need fuller coverage, try the regular teint idole foundation.

Some gripes I have with this product are, first, that you don't get a full ounce (30 mL) of product. Every other liquid foundation I've tried has come in one full ounce, but this is only 0.8. For the price, I would have liked that extra bit of product. Secondly, the product is scented, which I don't think is necessary.

As a reference, I'm an NC-42 in MAC and wear shade 7N, which runs pretty "yellow" but blends in pretty well.

on 3/6/2011 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I was pretty dissapointed at first with this product in that it's marketed for 'oily' skin types. It does NOT mattify and still looks dewy on the skin. I have used other Ivory2C Lancome foundations before, but this one is considerbly darker than the others. If the colour matched me more I might like it, but its hard for me to imagine. It's a light coverage perfect for summer. That being said, I do love how easy to blend this foundation and the feel of it on your skin. It would look great for a normal skinned person whos skin tone is easily matched.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really like this the most of the liquid foundations I've tried so far. I've only been a liquid foundation user for a couple of years, now. This is lightweight, so it doesn't feel caked on and heavy. It's not greasy (good news for my oily skin), hasn't caused any breakouts (good news for my acne prone skin), and has decent coverage on its own (good news for my acne prone and scarred skin). It dries to a soft, powdery finish, so it may not be best for dry skin. I may try a few more foundations down the road (as I've said, I've only been interested in them for a couple of years, now), but I could easily return to this. I like the tube style packaging, but I do wish the tip were more of a pointed style than a flat one. The formula is very thin and makes for a bit of a mess at the tip of the container as is. It could easily (and more cleanly) be dispensed from a pointed tip!

on 12/30/2010 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Where has this foundation been all my life? I'm an oily skinned middle aged gal with decent skin who has been forced to use mineral foundations until NOW! This foundation provides a nice, comfortable feel that evens out skin tone and remains fairly matte, but lifelike looking. Although it does not provide 18 hours of shine free wear for me (nothing would) after a number of hours it looks acceptably dewy. Yes, it is fairly watery, so just be careful when you squeeze it out onto the back of your hand (yes, best application is with a foundation brush). It hasn't transfered on any of my white clothing - a big bonus. There is a good array of colours to choose from - I even found it a little difficult to make the final selection from everything that is offered. I took away a lippie for the price, but seriously, for the amount of time I want to wear foundation, even just a little, it's a good buy for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really didn't like this product because I have oily skin, and after a few hours I noticed this foundation would transfer onto a napkin or anything that touched my face, even if I set it with a powder. I did ask the lancome makeup artist if she recommended it for oily skin, and she said yes. I like that they have many shades to try out and matches my skin very well, but I definitely won't wear this one again. Very disappointing.

on 6/24/2010 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After searching around the internet for a foundation that would be great for my oily skin, I bought Teint Idole Fresh Wear in Buff 2.

Unfortunately this product has performed well below my expectations. It went on my skin wonderfully and a little goes a long way to covering your face, but even with a warm undertone the foundation is still a little too pink for my taste. For a foundation toting that it keeps you shine free, my nose was shiny a mere 2 hours after application. Maybe my face is just insanely oily (which I wouldn't doubt at all, it gets pretty greasy), but to me that didn't bode well. The product also started to settle into my pores and came off my face way too easily (just a mere gentle blotting was taking off my makeup).

I really wanted to like this foundation, but it just isn't for me. It might be better for those with not-so-oily or combination skin, so it might be worth a try for others. For me, it's getting returned.