Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%.Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Perlite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Maltitol, Phenoxyethanol; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am a fairweather fan of TI Ultra, so when Fresh Wear came out, I was excited. Alas, the moment was shortlived after seeing the ingredients list!

Pros:
Lighter weight than the sometimes cakey Ultra
Smooth texture
Even coverage
Tube packaging
Good color match

Cons:
Alcohol is a main ingredient and it irritates/dries skin to an extreme
SPF does not cover UVA & UVB rays
Expensive
Not available at all counters

I like the Revlon Colorstay Active Light as a better alternative to this foundation. Revlon CS AL does not include alcohol, has a better SPF, and is cheaper.

on 12/13/2010 12:08:00 PM

I seriously want to shout about this product from the rooftops it's THAT good. If you are in the market for foundations, get yourself to a Lancome counter and ask for a sample. I have been looking for a sheer to medium foundation this past month with a semi-matte finish. I have diligently researched and tried all the "best" high end foundations including NARS Sheer Glow, Laura Mercier Moisturizing, MAC Pro Longwear, MAC Face & Body, MUFE Face & Body, Chantecaille Future Skin, Lancome Teint Miracle, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, all of the Chanels, etc. And this BY FAR is the best. I have decent skin, I just need foundation to even out the redness and imperfections and I swear this is the closest I've come to finding a foundation that doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation. I honestly don't think I could find a better one. It's also the perfect color match for me.

This is the first time in my life I am wearing liquid foundation and I think it looks just as natural as my powder foundation...like my skin but better. I am NW20 for reference and have this in the lightest shade Ivoire I. Definitely try this one, if you are looking for a liquid foundation that feels weightless and will give you a gorgeous, natural finish!

on 8/15/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My mineral foundation (JI) has been itching my face in the high heat and humidity so I looked for another option. In addition my rosacea has been freaking out--breakouts, papules, increased flushing and itching all over--so knew I needed to find something ASAP that covered but didn't make matters worse. I live in the boonies now so options are limited. But I love this. Very lightweight feeling on the skin, doesn't highlight flakes on me, provides medium coverage but doesn't look like a mask, and wears well even in extreme 7 inches from the sun climate. I was given bisque 2 (MAC nc 25, Bobbi Brown sand, JI Amazing base radiant (summer), amber/warm silk AB (winter), Lycogel creme) and this looks good. Have not experienced any oxidation or irritation from this. This does last most of the day for me but I am more combination in this heat than oily. I've tried applying with a brush, sponge and fingers and I like fingers the best with a blending of a sponge. This way no wastage. Tube is great for travel but foundation will run quickly out of nozzle if you're not careful.

on 8/8/2011 11:49:00 PM

I Love this foundation, it is light weight and i don't feel it on my face: it lasts and lasts all day, and if it gets a bit sheer in areas because of this horrible humidity and heat, I carry one in my bag and just dab a little more on. Don't even need powder, as it dries to a matt. I think this gives Very good coverage, oddly better than the LM Cream Smooth, which until this Lancome foundation I thought was the greatest. I have returned again and again to this Fresh Wear upon becoming disillusioned by every "new" one on the market, and, like a woman with a great male friend who does not recognize his value and her love for him until she finally tires of the bad boys, I now know my search is over. *finally*. now, just watch Lancome discontinue this....

on 7/24/2011 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually work for lancome and will make this as unbiased as possible... This foundation is very lightweight with moderate coverage. I've read some reviews that are saying this looks cakey, and i believe there might be some confusion between this product and the teint idole ultra. The T.I.U. is a full coverage, matte finish foundation which can look cakey if you don't apply it properly. However, the Teint Idole Fresh Wear is very light weight and is the best Lancome foundation for people with sensitive, oily skin. I have exremely sensitive/oily skin and have struggled with acne for a long time, and this is the only Lancome foundation that doesn't aggravate my skin. I like that it's a squeeze bottle but it's a little messy. As far as oil control goes it lasts for a few hours, but you definitely need to set it with a setting powder in order to make it last longer. Hope this helps...

on 7/7/2010 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this in Ivoire. I really liked the finish (dewy and smooth), buuuut it made me break out in 3 awesome cystic pimples. So be careful if you're acne prone ;(

on 6/24/2010 2:30:00 PM

I like it, but I have mix feeling about this MU.

Loving the super light feel, as if I'm not wearing MU at all! It's very quick to dry so blend fast, yet it does not create dry patches on my face, which has normal skin type. The coverage is pretty good, almost medium. I can skip concealer using this. Color is perfect, Bisque O matches my NC30 Asian skin dead on! I also tried Bisque 4, which is bearable, but you can tell it's a little too dark, a little tan like. The MU does not change color thru out the day. The tube is awesome! As a result, cheap, $34 for a Lancome foundation? No complain there.

On the down side, alcohol is at top of the ingredent list. I could almost smell the alcohol when I first applie the MU, luckily it disappears rather quickly. Not as long lasting as it claims. It requires primer AND touch up evey 5-6 hours to prolong its life. Yes, with touch up, it does hold up > 12 hours, would still look pretty at the end of my long day. I heard the sunscreen is not full spectrum. Must use another product like a moisturizer or primer with sufficient sunscreen protection. It does not keep my oily nose matte for more than an hour. But use this in conjunction with a matte powder will easily take care of that problem. It does keep my normal skin type cheek matte though.

Overall, I love this! Will repurchase, definitely. But I have observation on how much damage my skin would get from the alcohol and lack of sufficient sunscreen if use this everyday.

on 6/21/2010 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

UPDATE: i LOVE this lightweight foundation. it looks SO natural. just enough coverage to even out skin tone. it doesnt keep you matte for 18 hours but its good enough! best foundation i have ever used. havent broken out, face feels fresh. i use very little (less than a dime size) and i dot it all over my face and use my fingertips. my coworker couldnt even tell i was wearing anything but that my face looked great today. worth the $32.00 price tag. :) PS: switched it to a bisque 7 from a 9. the 9 was WAY too orange. i have a medium yellow toned asian face.
___________________________________________________
i am on the fence with this. i love everything about this foundation-its very lightweight, the texture is like water, i wouldnt say it was 18 hours but it definitely kept things matte upon application and is the least greasy feeling foundation i have ever used in my life! the SA matched me to Bisque 9W. in the store it vanished into my skin, but at home, it seems a bit too dark so im going to return it for one step down which is Bisque 7 (wish there was an 8?! im in between!). the only thing i didnt like was that, because its so matte and lightweight, it totally highlighted my dry spots. i am oily t zone and normal cheeks. with tax it came to $34.50 at nordstroms. i compared this to bobbi brown's new lightweight foundation and this beats BB hands down! im going to write a review for BB's next. wish more product came for that price tag. it also didnt break me out which is a BIG plus for me to repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It's so light, but provides great, buildable coverage. It stays on all day, doesn't separate and makes my pores non-existent. It glides on very silky and gives a pretty, satin like glow. I wear Buff 5C and it's a perfect neutral shade--love it!!

on 6/2/2010 11:24:00 PM

UPDTE: I like this fdt. a lot. Today I applied it on clean, dry skin (no primer, no nothing) and the coverage was MUCH better. Also, it doesn't look masky at all. No dryness, no line. Great stuff!

I give this 5 lippies for one very impressive reason. It is the first fdt. that says you can build up for more coverage and you actually get MORE COVERAGE, not more obvious pores. Amazing. I got a sample at Sephora. I tried it but I did not like the sheer coverage. I don't usually "build up" because it just builds up in my pores while the coverage remains unsatisfactory. This is the first time that doesn't happen. This time I actually got more coverage. And it didn't look masky.

I agree with other posters that this fdt. does not have a matte finish. Still, it's a nice dewy finish, not an oil slick (like Stila's TM). That's because while the product does have dimethicone, it's not stiff with the muck. Anyway, I always set my fdt.with powder, so this is not be an issue. I tried it today. I set it with powder and sprayed Urban Decay's All Nighter on top. I am VERT PLEASED with the results.